Një, dy, tre, ta marrsha
Ta marrsha, ta marrsha
Ta marrsha, ta marrsha

Ma kadalë, ma kadalë, ej
Ma kadalë, ma kadalë, ej​

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainshow

Veteran
Wow. That snippet sounds horrible - almost ridiculous. It seems that the production value of the instrumental has been decreased.

A-lister

Veteran
Albania's revamps tend to be a bit hit or miss tbh, especially with destroying with pointless English (which they didn't do in the past editions, bar 2020, thankfully, but seems they will be at least partly back to that this year unfortunately), but also musically they aren't always on-point either (2021 was a good revamp though!).

I mean I get the need for revamps given that the FiK entries tend to be longer than 3 minutes, but they are certainly no Ukraine in that department.

It's not that the revamps have been particularly bad, but sometimes crucial elements have been taken off and entries have oddly become less interesting/more generic after the revamps (maybe technically better produced but what does it matter when the personality has been stripped away).

Last edited:

Milos-BC

Indeed, the snippet doesn't sound too promising, but I will wait for the full version before giving my final judgment.

Iker

Veteran
Ronela is traveling to London today for the revamp:
ronelahajatiofficial-1643045457669334.jpg

ronelahajatiofficial-1643045457669822.jpg

I prefer how she looks here over how she looks on stage, or/and with those ridiculous eye lashes. Less dolled up in her case is an improvement! Also red lipstick looks way cooler on Ronela!

Iker

Veteran
You would be a great Danish speaker. Danish has glottal stops all over. ;)

It seems like glottal stops replacing consonants as in the word 'water' is a local accent thing in the UK, I think in the Cockney accent If I recall correctly. Where is @Sean from?

BTW. I am perplexed by how different Danish sounds compared to Swedish despite being very closely related linguistically and how the words as written down are often identical.

jatojo

It seems like glottal stops replacing consonants as in the word 'water' is a local accent thing in the UK, I think in the Cockney accent If I recall correctly. Where is @Sean from?

BTW. I am perplexed by how different Danish sounds compared to Swedish despite being very closely related linguistically and how the words as written down are often identical.
The glottal stop is specifically Danish - it's a feature that makes the language stand out because many foreigners don't identify what it is. (In singing it isn't there - you won't hear it in English songs either -, and certain dialects don't have it at all).

On the other hand, the soft d in current Danish is related to Old Norse, whereas it has disappeared from Norwegian and Swedish.

Those two things are probably what makes Danish stand out from the other Scandinavian languages.

In addition, in recent decades spoken Danish has moved further away from written Danish. I think it's because teachers and parents don't correct the children's pronunciation as much as they did earlier.

Skrzeczk

I have mixed feelings about this one. Quite similar to Azerbaijan 2020 it's somehow interesting but overcomplicated at the same time. We have ethnic and more modern sounds, parts that sound like a ballad and other parts that sound differently. They also added eagel sounds. The moment when she screams "Raaaaaaah!" is funny :LOL: . It grabs my attention but contains both pleasant and unpleasant sounds. I give it :4:. I don't know whether I like it or not.

Excuse me but if last year you loved the oriental sounds of "Mata Hari" you can't help but love Ronela's Balkan sounds. They are very captivating. Some did not understand the Albanian singer's song. "Sekret" does not follow a precise melodic line but is subdivided and alternates perfectly, without smudging, in acts: from the epic sound to the determined and motivational one seasoned by the Maori haka xshock1::lol: Ronela's voice is powerful in the singing and also the "spoken part". This song will grow in the hearts of Eurofans and can do a lot of good at ESC 2022. For the moment, I vote :8: but it could also finish first or second in the next rounds of the Ranking Game.

Mainshow

Veteran
Pic from the music video shoot:

In Albania, filming has commenced for the music video for their entry for the Eurovision Song Contest 2022. Filming is currently underway in the south of the country with the video-sharing a message of the need to protect the natural environment.

Filming has taken place along the Vjoa river in Bylis as well as in Gjirokastra and Tepelena. The final version of the Albanian entry for Turin will be revealed in early March.

crashworld

Veteran
The song is pretty all over the place. It really needs some sorting out. Albania doing what they do best, sending traditional sounding song with very competent female vocalist. She looked like she was being possessed in the first few seconds of the 'live' performance, NGL. I am giving this a :5: for now. Have to see how the final revamp version sounds like.

Top Bottom