Edhe një, edhe ty
Një, dy, tre, ta marrsha
Ta marrsha, ta marrsha
Ta marrsha, ta marrsha

Ma kadalë, ma kadalë, ej
Ma kadalë, ma kadalë, ej​

Last edited by a moderator:

bstream

I am absolutely starving for Eurovision content, so I listened to all the FiK songs in one sitting. You see Maneskin had a clear effect here, as a noticeable number of these songs were pop-rock or rock numbers, which I feel is a little unusual for FiK, though they have had a couple recent rock winners, so maybe I'm just wrong/forgetting.

The grittiness of Alban Ramosaj - Theje immediately brings to mind Freddy from Hungary a few years back. Of course, the songs are very different in a number of ways, but it has a similar pop/soft-rock sound (heavier on the pop) which is equally as vocally demanding. However, Alban's song is a bit more accessible to the average listener than Freddy's song, and Alban's has a bit more impact, especially immediately. I can't help but notice a little bit of autotuning, and I'm hoping that doesn't mean that his voice cannot come up to par night-of. We'll have to see. Song is quite strong though, and is distinct from the usual Albanian flair.

Gjergj Kacinari — “Në ënërr mbete ti” is another soft rock number that is far more subdued in tone, but it was a foot-tapper. It's a catchy song that could be a sleeper hit if it somehow manages to pull through FiK. But that is a huge if, as FiK loves way more cultural sounding songs than this Western Europe-sounding soft-rock number from 2005.

Ronela Hajati - Sekret hits very, very hard. Staging could make this one stand out in a major way.

Rezarta Smaja - E jemja nuse could be another fun one on stage, and I see the potential appeal noted by @Rainy and @Boris.

Kelly — “Meteor” sounds like a Pokemon theme, especially from the Diamond & Pearl era. Just noting this here, just in case it sounds weirdly familiar to someone else.

If there's too many songs splitting the vote, as is possible with this decent selection, I can see a Denis Skura - 'Pse nuk flet, mama?" or maybe Stefi & Endri Prifti — “Triumfi i jetës” slipping through on vocal chops alone.

Last edited:

hijirio

Veteran
'Alban Ramosaj - Theje' reminds me so much of the KDAM song from 2011: 'Chen Aharoni - Or'.

My opinion on it is that.... it screams too much 'specially tailored to win FiK'

It has everything necessary to win FiK. The total package. I'll be very surprised if he fails to win unless he screws up with singing live.

Mainshow

Veteran
I´m three songs in and I`m already blown away. Hopefully, the rest of the songs will be strong as well but seriously, these are 3 10`s.

Ronela Hajati "Sekret" 10/10
Mirud "Për dreq" 10/10
Alban Ramosaj "Theje" 10/10

Mirud`s song is incredibly strong? The chorus might not be that competitive but I love the direction of this song. It`s neither a typical Albanian ballad nor something we have often heard in Eurovision. The arrangement/production is really great and quite diverse.

"Sekret" is an iconic bop! I love the "bagpipes"/"flutes", the spoken verses and the epic choir parts. This needs some sort of revamp for Eurovision to sound a bit more "polished" (especially when it comes to the instrumental parts) but seriously, this is PURE GOLD!

"Theje" is absolutely amazing as well and combines everything I need to hear in Eurovision! I think I just prefer the other two songs.

Albania came, saw and conquered.
Melfest,...who?

Mainshow

Veteran
Let's gooo, my ranking after first listening :

1. Alban Ramosaj - Theje (10/10)
2. Denis Skura - Pse nuk flet, mama (10/10)
3. Endri & Stefi - Triumfi i jetës (10/10)
4. Ester Zahiri - Hiena (10/10)

5. Ronela Hajati - Sekret (10/10)
6. Mirud - Për dreq (10/10)
7. Gjergj Kaçinari - Në ëndërr mbete ti (10/10)
8. Xhuli Pjetraj - Baladë (10/10)
9. Eldis Arrnjeti - Refuzoj (10/10)
10. Kastro Zizo - Kujë (10/10)
11. Sajmir Cili - Nën maskë (10/10)
12. Evi Reci - Me duaj (9/10)
13. Kejsi Rustja - Vallëzoj me ty (9/10)

14. Rezarta Smaja - E jemja nuse (9/10)

15. Shega - Një (8/10)
16. Viola Xhemaili - Eja si erë (8/10)
17. Urban Band - Padrejtësi (8/10)
18. Olimpia Smajlaj - Dua (7/10)

19. Kelly - Meteor (6/10)
20. Janex - Deluzional (4/10)

Alban Ramosaj's song is too good to be real, what an amazing edition

Listening to Denis right now and after a few seconds I was like.. omg this has to be Morocco2021´s #1!
I`m surprised you did rank Alban righer... but still 10/10 :D

Looren

Veteran
Listening to Denis right now and after a few seconds I was like.. omg this has to be Morocco2021´s #1!
I`m surprised you did rank Alban righer... but still 10/10 :D

Kai litteraly said that it was me :lol: :lol: :lol:

I absolutely love it, but Alban's song is way too good to be real

Mrm

Veteran
I have just heard all FiK 2022 songs and I cn say I love/like these:

1. Ronela Hajati - "Sekret" 10/10 Goosh, some parts are so trashy, but this is such a HOT entry..that music towards the end reminds me of Omar Souleyman's songs lmao :D I didn't expect this will be my fave at all...

2. Mirud - "Per dreq" 10/10 lol again totally unexpected, he was my last in the 2021 FIK, so I can't believe..but this is really great in studio version, Gosh, those guitars, orchestration is simply brilliant.. :eek:

3. Ester Zahiri - "Hiena" 10/10 - really good ballad, I hope live will be good

4. Kejsi Rustja - "Vallezoj me ty" 9/10 - interesting, different

5. Kelly - "Meteor" 9/10 - old fashioned, dated, the way I like.. :)

6. Xhuli Pjetraj - "Balade" 9/10 - nostalgic the way i like.. :)

7. Eve Reci - "Me duaj" 8/10 - nice

Mrm

Veteran
@Morocco2021

I expected "Hiena" will be your fave! :eek: Isn't it a fantastic ballad?

Mrm

Veteran
Okay, I change the list and put "Hiena" as my no1, can't stop listening to this brilliant ballad! xheat xbow xfaint

Ester Zahiri go to Turin! xyes

FDvm65iXsAALveU.jpg

Looren

Veteran
@Morocco2021

I expected "Hiena" will be your fave! :eek: Isn't it a fantastic ballad?

Yes it's a fantastic ballad but also a fantastic edition ! She's my 4th (might upgrade her depending on lives) but I would definitely support her if she goes to ESC !

I just hope they won't bring a real hyena on stage 'cause it's my phobia :lol:

• Say Yay
Reactions: Mrm

Mrm

Veteran
@Mainshow

How do you like your Avatar's entry this time? :lol:

Mrm

Veteran
Yes it's a fantastic ballad but also a fantastic edition ! She's my 4th (might upgrade her depending on lives) but I would definitely support her if she goes to ESC !

I just hope they won't bring a real hyena on stage 'cause it's my phobia :lol:
Ahahahaha :lol: :lol: Are you sure it really means "hyena"? :D

A-lister

Veteran
Everybody else : Ronela bop yay !!! xcheer
FiK jurors : Hmm, where do we have our annual unmelodic screaming dated ballad? xshrug

Unfortunately we have the same repeated story each year so hopefully people won't get their hopes up

Mrm

Veteran
@A-liste

xyaaay xyaaay The season has only started and we already agree! :eek: Ronela Hajati FTW!! xyes

But "Hiena" is my fave actually, (ballad, I know, not that screaming though :lol:) still Ronela Hajati is very close! :mrgreen:

A-lister

Veteran
@A-liste

xyaaay xyaaay The season has only started and we already agree! :eek: Ronela Hajati FTW!! xyes

But "Hiena" is my fave actually, (ballad, I know, not that screaming though :lol:) still Ronela Hajati is very close! :mrgreen:

Oh, the world is coming to an end we agree :lol:

I didn't think such stuff was your cup of tea tbh... maybe the stars are finally aligning...

Looren

Veteran
Oh, the world is coming to an end we agree :lol:

I didn't think such stuff was your cup of tea tbh... maybe the stars are finally aligning...

Holy crap, first agreeing with Boris on Alban, then with Hiji and Niko on Ronela, and now with you (Alban is my fave tho)

Wtf is happening :lol:

Top Bottom