Edhe një, edhe ty
Një, dy, tre, ta marrsha
Ta marrsha, ta marrsha
Ta marrsha, ta marrsha

Ma kadalë, ma kadalë, ej
Ma kadalë, ma kadalë, ej​

Last edited by a moderator:

mrappeal

This. As basic as they are they are what everyone gets turnt and go apeshit with first chords playing.

I really warmed up to "I/You will never regret. It will be a secret" personally. Makes the song mysterious in a good way as she slides straight back into Albanian.
Exactly! When most people are in a club they want rhythm, to feel alive, not to listen to the alphabet.

Look at how simple Fuego's lyrics were... Yet she finished 2nd. Ronela is serving us big time! 😍

hijirio

Veteran
There are already more pages here than what Albania had in 2021.

And we didn't even get the revamp yet.

The hype is real.

Mainshow

Veteran
There are already more pages here than what Albania had in 2021.

And we didn't even get the revamp yet.

The hype is real.

And Albania 2021 was way more iconic, imo - Mirud´s styling choices and dancing jesus, "Karma" - one of the best Eurovision entries that year and all the drama after FiK + it was one of the "very few" fresh national finals that year.

Personally, I think that Albania is finally getting the love it deserves from Eurovision fans after sending so many great entries in recent years + finally, embracining its bop-pop-ethno-regret/sekret-spirit.

Albania. Our new shining star in the Eurovision sky!

Mainshow

Veteran
If Toy :lol: won, then Wild Dances should have won in 50/50 system as well.

I don´t know, tbh. You are probably right about the 2009-2015 system but if we take a closer look at the televoting results:
1. :ua: 280
2. :rs: 263
They were only 17 pts apart and I can totally see juries placing :rs: above :ua: that year and ifwe take that 2016+ voting system into account, it could have gone either way, imo

But honestly, I like both entries and Ruslana was such an energetic and excellent live performer - she would have convinced many juries as well (but I think she would have been ranked slightly lower - maybe between #3 to #5 in a jury voting like :ru: 2016 or :il: 2018)

AlekS

Veteran
They were only 17 pts apart and I can totally see juries placing :rs: above :ua: that year...
I actually see them placing :cy: above all :sneaky: and the outcome could be decided by single points.
Didn't they put Denmark higher than 2 ballads-typical-jury-pleasers in 2013? Or "Satellite" (not with such vocals or looks ... and yet, she won the jury vote, lol).
Don't get me started on his 2012 entry and how the juries couldn't ruin Euphoria. Juries didn't always vote for a certain type of songs back then.

You know, looking at the past, I've realized that the jury's votes have become even more predictable now, if you talk about the top 3.

Last edited:

Bmbriga

She will add some English lyrics, keep some Albanian ones. As much as I love your gorgeous language, this might add some points to her, considering also westerners are loving the vibe.

If Ruslana won with those atrocious lyrics...

But also... Dyki Tantsi>>>>Wild Dances

I wouldn't mind her ditching the English part. I just searched for the version in Albanian and imo it's much better. But, idk... Maybe the people will really like it more with English in it. I'm not the fan of that concept in general.

mrappeal

So the latest info is out (courtesy of Mrs. Hajati herself)

• Diztortion is confirmed.
• The music video will have a mystic feeling to it, she will invest quite a lot in it + PR marketing.
• The performance will be even more impactful/quite upgraded (she will combine Albanian rhythms quite vibrantly).
• The dresses for the performance will be a bit lighter/more lively.

Lance Esgard

Who is that guy next to William? He hasn´t been doing anything apart from just "being there" and awkwardly looking to William from time to time (or checking his Grindr account on his phone like he just did now xD)
Besides being the Albanian Wiwbloggs correspondent, he is also Mirud's best friend. They've been friends for about 8 years now. He was in the photo earlier in this thread which also showed various FIK artists.

Since I've been busy I wasn't quite able to follow FIK closer to when it happened. While I find room for improvement in the winner's entry, it was given the choices available perhaps the best choice for Eurovision and so I'm quite pleased by how that went down.

There is more I could say but I guess I missed by chance given FIK has come and gone.

A-lister

Veteran
But also... Dyki Tantsi>>>>Wild Dances

I wouldn't mind her ditching the English part. I just searched for the version in Albanian and imo it's much better. But, idk... Maybe the people will really like it more with English in it. I'm not the fan of that concept in general.

This!

I still find forced English cheap, and in ethno songs it just sounds so out of place.

Bi-lingual songs tend to be odd in general (except for some exceptions).

And again this argument that "people will understand the lyrics"... Plzzz... We are not talking deep meaningful poetry here for the ones that happen to have English as second language (which many in Europe still don't have even). A different language is far more interesting than some silly desperate lines in broken English that don't fit anyways.

Lance Esgard

This!

I still find forced English cheap, and in ethno songs it just sounds so out of place.

Bi-lingual songs tend to be odd in general (except for some exceptions).

And again this argument that "people will understand the lyrics"... Plzzz... We are not talking deep meaningful poetry here for the ones that happen to have English as second language (which many in Europe still don't have even). A different language is far more interesting than some silly desperate lines in English that don't fit anyways.
Very much agree. Besides, there's a difference between understanding the lyrics on a literal language comprehension level and feeling and connecting with the meaning behind them. That deeper level of understanding the lyrics, I think, is frequently undermined by forced translations.

nudiecrudi

Please elaborate on "non-song". 🤣🤣🤣
Some people are used to the same formula repeated thousands of times. Intro, verses, chorus, bridge and ending.
But hey if someone does things differently it's immediately considered a non song.
I heard the same comment and reaction by a couple of YT influences, TOY&GOY, about Maneskin's Zitti è Buoni. They were saying '' Where is the music, the chorus the bridge ''. But at the same time one of the verses of their song sounded '' We are different from them''. And we all know how it ended.
Just to conclude, changing the classical structure of a song does not mean you're making a non song.

EscGeek

Veteran
My two humble sugestions for a revamp, since i figured it out what exactly bothers me.

-Make that nokia ringtone sound louder and more obnoxious (make it the most crucial part of the song is what i mean) :lol:
-Get rid of that chanting part. I can't engage with it all.

Top Bottom