Edhe një, edhe ty
Një, dy, tre, ta marrsha
Ta marrsha, ta marrsha
Ta marrsha, ta marrsha

Ma kadalë, ma kadalë, ej
Ma kadalë, ma kadalë, ej​

Last edited by a moderator:

MooseShoes

Pioneer was immensely stupid though, on pretty much every level. Why is it staged like that? What do the lyrics even mean? Why does Freddy growl his words beyond comprehension despite having pretty crisp English? Why is he dressed in a burlap sack? It made less sense than "Apollo".
You've missed out the three backing vocalists bouncing on their toes throughout the song and clapping during the chorus. That was the icing on the cake for me.

Negative points for having a big massive East-Asian looking drum for Christ-knows what reason. And then :be: went and copied it three years later and we all know what happened then.

AlekS

Veteran
Brace yourselves, the FiK is hijacked xhunter
Ruslana is a special guest.
But if she appears all fierce, like at the Olympic Stadium concert in August, I'm all in xbow

FabiESC

My ranking:

01 Ronela Hajati – Sekret 10/10
02 Mirud – Për dreq 9/10
03 Rezarta Smaja – E jemja nuse 8/10
04 Alban Ramosaj – Theje 8/10
05 Endri & Stefi – Triumfi i jetës 4/10
06 Olimpia Smajlaj – Dua 4/10
07 Ester Zahiri – Hijena 4/10
08 Gjergj Kacinari – Në ëndërr mbete ti 4/10
09 Urban Band – Padrejtësi 3/10
10 Kelly – Meteor 3/10
11 Xhuli Pjetra – Baladë 3/10
12 Evi Reçi – Me duaj 3/10
13 Eldis Arrnjeti – Refuzoj 3/10
14 Sajmir Çili – Nën maskë 2/10
15 Kejsi Rustja – Vallëzoj me ty 2/10
16 Shega – Një 1/10
17 Janex – Deluzional 1/10
18 Viola Zhemali – Eja si erë 1/10
19 Kastro Zizo – Kujë 0/10
20 Denis Skura – Pse nuk flet, mama? 0/10

BorisBubbles

Veteran
You've missed out the three backing vocalists bouncing on their toes throughout the song and clapping during the chorus. That was the icing on the cake for me.
that was precisely what I had in mind with "why the fuck is it staged like this o_O?" :3

ugh Eliot's staging. Horrible! I hope whoever was responsible lost their job over it. :-)

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Brace yourselves, the FiK is hijacked xhunter
Ruslana is a special guest.
But if she appears all fierce, like at the Olympic Stadium concert in August, I'm all in xbow

Ruslana xheart but seriously don't give her ANY say in the decision. That usually doesn't end up well.

AlekS

Veteran
She chose Mother. So... it's only truly safe when it's Ukraine :-)
So did other jurors and the vast majority of televoters xshrug
She chose 2 best performances in that semi out of only 4. Tbh, I would sent them ALL home :lol:
She was an active member of Euromaidan, needless to say that the massacre (which happened almost 1 month prior that) deeply affected her. I didn't expect any other choice from her. We gave our 3 highest marks to ballads that year.

Iker

Veteran
Alban's song is amazing. I melt away. The chorus is so imperious, it gives me life.

I also like a lot Ronela and her 'Sekret' though, that has got a swagger.

Last edited:

Iker

Veteran

Negative points for having a big massive East-Asian looking drum for Christ-knows what reason. And then :be: went and copied it three years later and we all know what happened then.
I liked 'Pioneer' quite a lot but in the hindsight the staging / styling was bad.

Zonne147

Can't think of a better way of coming back to the forum than giving my feedback about a national final I always have a soft spot for. xlove

My favorites:

Endri & Stefi - Triumfi I jetës - 8/10 - dramatic, epic, anthemic. It's certainly not the most modern thing out there, but I think it's really good for what it is. When I saw them in the list of participants I got my hopes very high since I love their Kenga Magjike songs. They won't win but I can't lie that I still have a bit of hope since it sounds like something FiK juries would love and it looks like it's one of the most popular FiK60 songs among Albanians.

Evi Reçi - Më duaj - 8/10 - Love how Evi is serving for the 2nd year in a row. This doesn't sound innovative and original for FiK standards, but I find it charming and classy and it puts me in a very good mood every time I listen to it. Not a winner, but I think it's good for what it is. Love the trumpet solo as well.

Alban Ramosaj - Thejë - 8/10 - He wants to win the two biggest music competitions in Albania in the same year, and I'm 100% here for it. His unique and distinctive vocals and all the drama make me like this one a lot. I just hope he'll be able to sing like that when the big moment comes. Thejë would probably benefit with a few changes though? He is very likely to win at this point anyway.

Kejsi Rustja - Vallëzoj me ty - 8/10 - This was a very positive surprise for me, probably the biggest one on a personal level. I love the melody (especially in the chorus). This song sounds very uplifting. I think it would benefit from a revamp but I already like it very much and I think it's going to create a good moment in Pallati e Kongreseve.

I liked these as well:

Ester Zahiri - Hiena - 7/10 - Kledi Bahiti does it right almost every time, but I think they could have put a bit more power in that last chorus. The song is really catchy anyway

Ronela Hajati - Sekret - 7/10 - I had high hopes for this one before the contest and I can't say they weren't matched but I feel a bit disappointed. There are parts of it I'm living for but the whole thing feels too much all over the place for me. Still, a good effort, and I'm sure she'll put the stage on fire since she's a great performer.

Mirud - Per drëq - 7/10 - A significant drop from last year but still something I like, a very beautiful song and instrumental (props to Kledi Bahiti again)

Didn't like these:

Olimpija Smajlaj - Dua - 3/10

Janex - Delusional - 2/10

Kastro Zizo - Kujë - 2/10

Not the strongest FiK edition overall, but I think I'll be satisfied with the winner and that Albania will have a decent place in my final list once again.

Iker

Veteran
Can't think of a better way of coming back to the forum than giving my feedback about a national final I always have a soft spot for. xlove

My favorites:

Endri & Stefi - Triumfi I jetës - 8/10 - dramatic, epic, anthemic. It's certainly not the most modern thing out there, but I think it's really good for what it is. When I saw them in the list of participants I got my hopes very high since I love their Kenga Magjike songs. They won't win but I can't lie that I still have a bit of hope since it sounds like something FiK juries would love and it looks like it's one of the most popular FiK60 songs among Albanians.

Evi Reçi - Më duaj - 8/10 - Love how Evi is serving for the 2nd year in a row. This doesn't sound innovative and original for FiK standards, but I find it charming and classy and it puts me in a very good mood every time I listen to it. Not a winner, but I think it's good for what it is. Love the trumpet solo as well.

Alban Ramosaj - Thejë - 8/10 - He wants to win the two biggest music competitions in Albania in the same year, and I'm 100% here for it. His unique and distinctive vocals and all the drama make me like this one a lot. I just hope he'll be able to sing like that when the big moment comes. Thejë would probably benefit with a few changes though? He is very likely to win at this point anyway.

Kejsi Rustja - Vallëzoj me ty - 8/10 - This was a very positive surprise for me, probably the biggest one on a personal level. I love the melody (especially in the chorus). This song sounds very uplifting. I think it would benefit from a revamp but I already like it very much and I think it's going to create a good moment in Pallati e Kongreseve.

I liked these as well:

Ester Zahiri - Hiena - 7/10 - Kledi Bahiti does it right almost every time, but I think they could have put a bit more power in that last chorus. The song is really catchy anyway

Ronela Hajati - Sekret - 7/10 - I had high hopes for this one before the contest and I can't say they weren't matched but I feel a bit disappointed. There are parts of it I'm living for but the whole thing feels too much all over the place for me. Still, a good effort, and I'm sure she'll put the stage on fire since she's a great performer.

Mirud - Per drëq - 7/10 - A significant drop from last year but still something I like, a very beautiful song and instrumental (props to Kledi Bahiti again)

Didn't like these:

Olimpija Smajlaj - Dua - 3/10

Janex - Delusional - 2/10

Kastro Zizo - Kujë - 2/10

Not the strongest FiK edition overall, but I think I'll be satisfied with the winner and that Albania will have a decent place in my final list once again.
Kujë is flat-out hideous.

Yazy

I still can´t get over the fact how better the last year FIK was.

I only really like "Sekret" from this year edition.

I truly wish a miracle can happen where "Sekret" ends up going to ESC and not being an OGAE Second Chance entry.

Oh I wish, I wish...

Looren

Veteran

ZONNE xheart xheart xheart xheart

I knew you'll love them, taste xheart

Top Bottom