As dritë nuk kam
Zoti nuk ma fal
T'thirra por sot nuk kam
Lotët mbledhur në dorë
Të ndryshkur janë​

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
The instrumentation vomits up some random noise during the bridge but the rest of the song builds up quite nice and has a satisfying climax. Nice work, Albania, your reward is an extra point in the poll.

:7: => :8:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Wow shes absolutely stunning, I love this revamp. Idk what to change the score to if at all, but I'm happy with it.

mauve

Veteran
I don't know what to think of the revamp. It changed quite a lot. If I hadn't known the first version, I would have embraced the song immediately. But now as @Mrm stated, I miss the ethno vibes, it is a little too pompous for my taste. So for now, I won't change my 8 pts. Maybe I can upgrade within time. Let's see.

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

Ali_

I find at times there's too much different stuff happening with the instrumentation all at once. Glad that she has kept it in Albanian.

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
oh... this is reaaaaaally different from the original version. And I think I prefer the OG. Those ethnic sounds were amazing, don't know why they got rid of them.

don't know what to think.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Gosh that all started so well. By the second verse I was thinking to myself "I think I could be upgrading this to 12". Then the totally out of place bridge came. I think the drop is jarring and doesn't work with the rest of the song (it's messy), and then unfortunately for whatever reason it all feels to me like it loses some power during the final chorus. I still do like what they've done overall though. That bouncy new beat they've added goes a long way with helping Karmaa feel less stop and start which was the problem I had with it before.

Looren

Veteran
I loved the version at the FIK

But this revamp is underwhelming... I'm disappointed, last year they upgraded "Shaj" which was my third initially to "Fall From The Sky" which is my favorite song ever, but this revamp is catastrophic IMO

But the song itself is not that bad and Anxhela is still an amazing singer

You disappoint me Albania

crashworld

Veteran
Hmmm. Interesting revamp, I didn't expect they will turn this into a somewhat mid-tempo song. At one point I thought she's going to break into a dance. Lol.

To be honest, all I can remember from the original version is that it's much slower and very traditional-sounding. The revamp still somewhat retains the dramatic element of the song but infused a more modernized twist to the traditional sound. I'm not sure if it's a good combination though, coz sometimes it felt somewhat jarring. But that's my impression on first listen. Perhaps these little quirks will disappear after more spins.

I'm leaning this to be an improvement but I'm keeping my score as 5.

On a side note, I think I need to be more strict with my grading. I've been giving 5 for over 75% of the songs and half of these songs will never make into my favourite playlist if I do one. I think I'll readjust the scores by giving these songs less than a 5 once more songs are out.

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
That's a clever revamp, that elevates the song a lot. Enough to change my ranking ? Ehhhhh i don't know, i was about to like more that track in its original form, now i'm confused.
One thing is for sure, it belongs now to big stages. Anxhela will do well at Ahoy.

Realest

What an overproduced Nonsense. 1 Point.

Frenchbaguette

This is a good revamp, definitely makes Albania a serious contender for qualification :) I can see a result à la Kthjeu Toqes !

If you want to see my reaction (as some of you asked on this thread) here it is :

Overall, a way better revamp, the song climbs in my top :)

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
This feels like the chalga version so naturally we stan the revamp attempt. Unlike Shaj -> Fall From the Sky who basically fell from my top, this is actually an improvement.

:6: ===> :7: xdance

Schlagerman1

Damn, that is a nice improvement from Albania! A lot more powerful and the new instrumentation fits the theme of the song better. Nice job! :D

HayashiM

Veteran
The revamp has certainly polished a lot of things, but sadly, I really miss the flute which was responsible for making this entry somewhat magical to me. The NF version has been a grower, let's see if the revamp can be as well. For now, I have to keep the original :6:.

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now this is definitely their best entry for me since gorgeous 'I'm Alive' ! I love the polishing done but perhaps messy pseudo-dubstep breakdown could have been done without. I like that they amplified the song making it more uptempo and less 'ballad dramatic', at some moments it reminded me of my favourite :al: entry 'Tomrrow I go' - I think it has something to do with both singers' similar voices and beauty ofc - but lbr Albanan women are gorgeous whatsoever! xheat xheat

Though I wish they made it more uptempo and made it a perfect '00s throwback ballad without unnecessary electronic beats - I can smoothly give this a nice 7 now! xclap

Loindici

Veteran

It's more modern-sounding, and this is aimed at a bigger stage potential, so I can see why there are a lot of different elements in each parts of the song. However there are TONS of fx embedded in this (how many bass drops are there?) and the transitions felt really forced. The instrumental parts for me is pretty messy and should've been used to give the listeners some room fo breathing.

Uhm, a :6: ? Maybe a :7: ?

I decided on a :6: eventually. Sorry, Angela.

Last edited:
  • Like It
Reactions: Mrm

Iker

Veteran
It is a good revamp, the only thing that I dislike about it is that over the top dubsteppy bridge. I preferred the original one that felt pretty romantic.

Top Bottom