1 1.2%

5 6.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
ALB-scaled.jpg

hijirio

Veteran
I preferred Shaj over Me tana, but looking at the competing songs this year, it seems Me Tana could have been a contender to win it all.

ZoboCamel

Well, that's... certainly different. I'm going to need a bunch more listens to figure out what I think about that. On first listen... maybe a slight downgrade in my books, albeit certainly not a disaster on the level of e.g. the Perralle -> Fairytale revamp in 2016.

The old verses had a more emotional melody, I think; and I really don't like that they've removed my favourite part of the song (the violin solo followed by the chanting backing singers). For now... maybe an 8, I think, down from a high 10?

GlamSIMorous

I think the thing that everyone or most people are referring the revamp to is the live orchestra version which indeed was also very different to the studio track back then. Now this is even more different. Its like we got 3 versions where I loved the live one best. I think she can elevate it once again live. I just wished the instrumental gave more Oooomph.. :sneaky:

• Like It
Reactions: Kaz

hijirio

Veteran
"You can crush and break my walls, but my heart will survive"

"Always making me hold back my wings but i'm destined to fly"

So you ditch Albanian lyrics and went to the US for revamp and nobody warned you about these MOST MAINSTREAM LYRICS EVER ON EARTH.

I'm going insane. I prefer listening to the song in Albanian and not understand anything if this is what the song actually means.

hijirio

Veteran
Downgrading from 8 to 6. There are better mainstream English ballads this year.

Kaz

Not sold on it yet, but at least we know from FiK that Arilena can really sell a song live.

hijirio

Veteran
The violin solo was probably what made her win the NF over Me Tana, removing it in the revamped version is a crime that should be punished by a NQ.

Yazy

I never really liked the original "Shaj". I think I gave it 3 points or something.

And now when I hear this, it pretty much downgrades the song even further.

Like, seriously?! Why?!

Why do they have to change lyrics to English? Do they not realize that the English version is 9 out of 10 times guaranteed to sound super corny?

Because that is seriously how I feel about this. The English lyrics are not contributing to the song whatsoever.
They are just......there......doing nothing.

The only positive thing I have to say about this revamp is that it is not nearly as bad as what they did to "Përrallë" in 2016. I absolutely loved that song when it first came out and they completely butchered it, lyrically and instrumentally.

Loindici

Veteran
Nah fuck you guys i'm going another :12: × :12:

I'm sold.

Loindici

Veteran
Easy there.

No one is judging you for liking it.

Don't worry i was just joking

The song isn't that perfect but subjectively saying i love its imperfectness. For me it's a :12: and I think it'll be strong enough as it is. Eventhough now it sounds like a usual internally selected song, and it sounds kinda cheaper now, it still has its melodic distinction and its key emotions. I brlieve it still has a shot to qualify on the very open semifinal it's in.

MooseShoes

This is why I gave the original a :7:, because I didn't want to get my hopes up. It might stay that way but for now my only reaction is...

xcryxcryxcry

Top Bottom