1 1.2%

5 6.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
ALB-scaled.jpg

hijirio

Veteran
The possibility got me watching Albanian news on a Sunday night. Life is unpredictable.

crashworld

Veteran
The worrying news is that it's as far as we know going to be in English. It was written in English however.

Are we sure the revamp will be in English? The saving grace of this song it's because it's in Albanian. If it's going to be done in English, it will definitely get lost in the sea of ballads in second half of SF2.

onlybasic

"According to various Albanian media reports, the final version of Shaj, revealed by Arilena, will be made public with the video clip after the Head of Delegation meeting next Monday, March 9th."

I'm not 100% sure, if the source is reliable.

A-lister

Veteran
Are we sure the revamp will be in English? The saving grace of this song it's because it's in Albanian. If it's going to be done in English, it will definitely get lost in the sea of ballads in second half of SF2.

Would be a mistake to go for English here, Albanian would set it apart, plus it's a really nice sounding and unique language... did they forget that some of their best results they got in Albanian? For the past two years they qualified with songs in Albanian, while the previous two they failed with revamps that I'm afraid this song is also aiming for ... xshrug

Translating it will, like so many other times, take away the character and what sets this song apart, and with so many ballads this year, it would be smarter to keep it in Albanian...

But I assume they already made up their minds?

Realest

The Song was initially written in english and translated in albanian for FiK

A-lister

Veteran
It's probably true this time because it was written by two Macedonians who got a Macedonian-Albanian singer to translate it

Macedonia has like 25-30% Albanians , sure they are Macedonian or Albanians from Macedonia?

Zonne147

Macedonia has like 25-30% Albanians , sure they are Macedonian or Albanians from Macedonia?

The song was produced by two Macedonians from North Macedonia (Darko Dimitrov/Lazar Cvetkoski), the lyrics were written by a Macedonian-Albanian (Lindon Berisha)

A-lister

Veteran
The song was produced by two Macedonians from North Macedonia (Darko Dimitrov/Lazar Cvetkoski), the lyrics were written by a Macedonian-Albanian (Lindon Berisha)

Ok, so the lyrics was by an Albanian then, production is irrelevant here then, so this could have very well been made for Albanian from the get-go.

blartashura

Based on this interview of Andri Xhahu (the commentator of Eurovision at RTSH and the announcer of the Albanian scores) the title of the song has changed, so it's safe to say that they translated the song.

I used google translate to understand this but someone who knows Greek, if I missed anything important please let us know. Of course no official release date was given.

Uto

Veteran
They should keep the lyrics as is. There is nothing to be gained by changing them. They fit the music. Also, what English word with a single syllable could possibly form the lyrical hook in the chorus without weakening the effect the word ‘Shaj’ has? I mean, before I looked up the lyrics I half assumed it meant ‘scream’, wasn’t far off. People understand the song through its emotion.

opinionsigotem

Ok, so the lyrics was by an Albanian then, production is irrelevant here then, so this could have very well been made for Albanian from the get-go.

It could have been, but it wasn't. They've already said it wasn't. And no amount of you bleating "WELL I FIND THAT HARD TO BELIEVE!" will change that.

A-lister

Veteran
It could have been, but it wasn't. They've already said it wasn't. And no amount of you bleating "WELL I FIND THAT HARD TO BELIEVE!" will change that.

Since none of us wrote the lyrics, nor were flies on the wall in the room where the lyrics were written, we can just speculate or have to trust what they say. Annually we have these cases where songwriters or artists claim lyrics were originally written in English as an excuse to translate the songs, but it's always interesting how there are never any sources (= demos or anything) to be found and these claims seem to always occur after the songs were picked, never initially which I find very ehm convenient... but sure, some of those cases might very well be valid, I'm not so sure I buy it in all of them though...

John1

Arilena could perfectly be a front-runner by May. I mean, none of other released songs stand out so far (apart from Bulgaria, Iceland and Lithuania).

Top Bottom