1 1.2%

5 6.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
ALB-scaled.jpg

Iker

Veteran
I don't like the revamp. :( It feels powerless & noticeably cliche now too. Something bothers me about the slight difference in chorus melody as well. and those pop-py arrangements are not for me. Where are the violins? Someone tell them it's a mistake, English makes it kinda more bland as well imho in this case. Or maybe I need to get used to it after listening so many times to Shaj?

From my top 3 of the year to something middle of the pack. Hopefully live will elevate it again for me somehow. Leave well enough alone / Lepsze jest wrogiem dobrego (the Polish saying) is apt once again.

Last edited:

blartashura

It definitely sounds better listening with headphones lol. The beginning of the song is so hard to swallow as I have gotten so used to Shaj but then it got better. I just wished they kept the violin solo, it would have been such a moment on stage.

As I have said in the initial opinion for Shaj when FiK released the songs, Arilena is known to deliver live and makes her songs sound better during live performances. I'm still not ruling her out as a sure qualifier.

Oh and yes, I still miss Me tana and still believe it would have been a better song choice.

Alaska49

Disparaging the revamp that is "Fall From The Sky" while bringing up Me Tana is kinda ironic tbh.

Out of all the FiK entries this year, Me Tana is the one that screamed "Revamp Me! Revamp me!" :ROFLMAO: That unfinished drop needed work.
giphy.gif

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I'm getting used to this now better, although all the things I said stand. It's just the melody of that chorus is still absolutely stunning, and at Eurovision I feel it could be taken to a level similar to what Shaj was at Festivali i kenges. I recall I loved Shaj in studio form from the first listen, but it was only after having experienced it live that I got my goosebumps from it. The changes have made me blue but it's by no means an Eneda Tarifa-esque disaster. So, so very far from it.

hawadharma

As I told you guys before, why a song needed revamp if it is good enough to win National Finals? Apparently it's not good enough.

And it kind of betraying the Albanian audience. Imagine crowning a Miss Albania who then took plastic surgery during her reign. She is still the same person, but not the person who was chosen through due deliberation, voting and jury process.

As much as I rooted for Me Tana, I eventually think Shaj is worthy to represent Albania in its original form. It is also a beautiful song which strength lies in its originality and the Albanian language it was sang in.

This revamp is a blasphemy. I demand police arrest for those involved.

Brandt

The new version is relatively better but still an average song.

JSSArcos

I don't like the revamp also
Why Albania?
Music has lost its essence :(

even so, it remains a good song .... going down from 10th place to 17th in principle

Last edited:

Uto

Veteran
It's strange. I dislike the revamp because it was such a nice song before, but I can't deny the song is far more imminent now and I think it needed that. Now it's no longer just a classy ballad for the fans of classy ballads, no more 'nice'. Now this is one of the best power ballads I have ever heard. Instead of enjoying the craftsmanship like before, I'm now just blown away by its sheer force of will. Had to mark this up by quite a bit.

Last edited:

LastDreamer

Banned
I didn't change my :4:

:al: language is the one from my least favourites and usually sounds weird, so I'm glad to listen it on English.

LastDreamer

Banned
:6: : Eneda Tarifa - Fairytale (2016)
:5: : Juliana Pasha - It's All About You (2010)
:5: : Elhaida Dani - I'm Alive (2015)
:3: : Eugent Bushpepa - Mall (2018)
:3: : Hersi Matmuja - One Night's Anger (2014)
:3: : Adrian Lulgjuraj and Bledar Sejko - Identitet (2013)
:2: : Aurela Gace - Feel The Passion (2011)
:1: : Lindita Halimi - World (2017)
:0: : Rona Nishliu - Suus (2012)
:0: : Jonida Maliqi - Ktheju Tokes (2019)

LastDreamer

Banned
The changes have made me blue but it's by no means an Eneda Tarifa-esque disaster. So, so very far from it.
xshock
????
:uk: version was better.

abenteuer

"Fall from the Sky" is ok, I guess, but a huge downgrade from "Shaj." There is nothing about this version that I prefer to the original.

hijirio

Veteran
What about the line "Broken, broken, broken with line"?

The song was originally written in English then translated to Albanian for FiK, yeah yeah, talk to the hand cuz the face ain't listening ;)

I don't know a single word in Albanian, but Shaj is more relatable than the trashy English lyrics i've heard 100000 times "You break my wings but i'll fly to the sky and survive"

I thought we left behind I'm a powerful woman and I'll survive kinda songs back in 70s with Gloria Gaynor.

Fluke

Awful, awful awful.... yet again Albania ruined a beautiful song! Not only did you use a bland, pointless radio pop arrangement, and English lyrics, but god-awful ones! The lyrics are so cliche and ugly, it would never be accepted by an English-language artist.... just shameful all the way through! :sick:

Top Bottom