1 1.2%

5 6.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
ALB-scaled.jpg

Uto

Veteran
I've listened to Shaj a good number of times now over the last weeks and I don't really know what they want to revamp. There's a good buildup up until the second chorus after which it relies on variations, but they're all good really. All the instrumental parts that exist are well done and especially the bass is doing interesting stuff pushing and pulling the track. Maybe the fact that all the main instrumentation is classical makes it sound old-fashioned, but I don't think this is a problem. The piano at the start is a bit twangy perhaps, they might want to clean that up a bit. Beat could be a little bit more groovy, but it's certainly not stiff as it is. I don't really think they can add anything or take anything away without making the song worse.

crashworld

Veteran
Arilena is way to talented for this to be a Moldova 2019.

Lol. Anna is a pretty competent singer but looked what she got. Shaj is a good song as it is. I hope the revamp will give the song a very much needed elevation. If not, it may get lost again in the sea of ballads we are getting despite Arilena being a great vocalist.

Last edited:

blartashura

So far there are no signs on her social media that she shot a music video for the revamp version, she only did a photoshoot 5 days ago based on her makeup artist instagram with hashtags #shooting #eurovision.

I hope RTSH will reveal the release date soon.

Mrm

Veteran
I think Arilena Ara could be the most damaged here..I can see Albanian diaspora going for Switzerland more than for her.. :( xcry
I think she should keep it in Albanian, that would be the best move now…

mauve

Veteran
After so many songs released, Shaj ist still my 5th favorite song. It's beautiful and drwas you into it. I hope she won't change it into an English version. And honestly, this song doesn't need any revamp. xheart

blartashura

Based on eurovision Kosovo, Gjon's tears applied for FiK58 but was refused. They didn't show the source of info.

Arilena is in Amsterdam shooting her postcard for Eurovision.

crashworld

Veteran
Yes, it should stay in Albanian, especially we know how some songs crashed and burned after it got a bad English translation.
I feel it needs a revamp to give it a more dramatic atmosphere, as it will match Arilena's way of performing.

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
Still in my top 5, such an emotional ballad from a great singer. It still gives me chills after maybe 50 listens! That's rare.

I think the dramatic atmosphere is already there. Hope they will stage it close to what they did on the FIK stage.

Gentleman

I think Arilena Ara could be the most damaged here..I can see Albanian diaspora going for Switzerland more than for her.. :( xcry
I think she should keep it in Albanian, that would be the best move now…

I was for Elvana, now for Arilena. I hope she can do it! I also like Gjon.

Top Bottom