1 1.2%

5 6.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
ALB-scaled.jpg

hijirio

Veteran
Many entries this year are trying so hard to be radio friendly that it makes Shaj in its current form stand out from the others.

Unfortunately, they're preparing to make the song more radio friendly, which I think is not the right route. I want Shaj to be an unapologetically dated screamfest. Keiino followed a completely unapologetical route last year and it boded well for them. The same could go for Shaj.

crashworld

Veteran
^The point is at least Keiino song is a fun pop song, which is sure to gain many ESC fan's liking. But I am not so sure about this. It could go either way, Moldova 2019 or North Macedonia 2019.

Uto

Veteran
Many entries this year are trying so hard to be radio friendly that it makes Shaj in its current form stand out from the others.

Unfortunately, they're preparing to make the song more radio friendly, which I think is not the right route. I want Shaj to be an unapologetically dated screamfest. Keiino followed a completely unapologetical route last year and it boded well for them. The same could go for Shaj.
Yeah I don't know. Being radio friendly is almost never a bad idea per se, but I do agree that Shaj needs to stand out. Seems like this Eurovision is going to feature some great ballads and Shaj is too good to leave out to dry. But what should they do? The production right now is actually pretty okay, it's just that it doesn't really do anything. It creates a very nice ladder of increasing intensity and all the elements are pretty much exactly what has worked in the past. There's nothing wrong right now. Everything is there and they just need to stage the crap out of it. I do think they could make the entire production a bit less dense so her vocals stand out a bit more. Perhaps drop the whole array of classical instrumentals and go for something more electronic to make it sound a bit more modern and add some musical cues that you can use for interesting visuals? Then again, I'm absolutely fine just looking at her for 3 minutes. Or more.

Iker

Veteran
^The point is at least Keiino song is a fun pop song, which is sure to gain many ESC fan's liking. But I am not so sure about this. It could go either way, Moldova 2019 or North Macedonia 2019.

Moldova's song last year was tacky though unlike North Macedonia.

blartashura

Albania always publishes their revamped version mid March every year, I'm assuming the same will be applied this year as well. No official date from either RTSH or Arilena so far...

Edit: Just saw she gave an interview today, probably the first one after the competition. The revamp is ready but she doesn't know when it will be published. The interviewer insisted on the details about her performance in May, she hesitated to give any information but she stated she will be "in the air and on the ground". I have no idea what she meant lol. Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8JN0FM9sNQ

Last edited:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Zonne147

Jonida will be supporting Arilena in ESC 2020. xcheer

@njdevils94 what else could we expect from her?? xheat

I hope "Shaj" revamp won't be bad (I still have faith the song won't be revamped) - the song is fading a bit on me but I still see this as one of the strongest ballads (it's more mid than slow anyway) this year

Romeo

Any news when the revamp will be out?

Top Bottom