9 10.7%

1 1.2%

5 6.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
ALB-scaled.jpg

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
Downgrading to a 3. I understand that the song was originally in English, but it seems to have flowed better in Albanian (that chorus is very clunky), and the music has even less personality than before.

Last edited:

VirginiaVision

Didn't Arilena say after she won FIK that the original English version was called "Curse"? Clearly this English version that we have now is not the same version they translated to Albanian back in September (submission deadline). I'm highly curious what changed over that half year... maybe we'll get to hear "Curse" one day. I'm always fascinated by comparing original songs and their revamps.

sapsan

After the lanquage change I can enjoy this song and understand every word which cost to understand because lyrics is really deep and beautiful. I'll be glad to vote for Albania. My second :12: points. First 12 points has been given to Lindita.

By the way, Lindita, Arilena.. girls in Albania have so beautiful names :love:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
My prediction for the revamp is that it will do very little to the song

Well you all DID know that I'm terrible at predictions...it's such a massive change that I honestly found the revamp paradoxically easier to take since I thought of it as basically a whole new song. And a great one! A bit lower in my ranking, but 12 points, and I do think that this will be easier to see through to Saturday than it was before.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Oh and I'm keeping my ranking at a five. The instrumentation may have changed, but the tedium remains the same. Boring is as boring does.

hijirio

Veteran
After the lanquage change I can enjoy this song and understand every word which cost to understand because lyrics is really deep and beautiful.

If you're being ironic, it's funny. If you're serious, it's even funnier.

The lyrics are Moldova 2019 level of unoriginal. I wish I didn't know a word of English to not be able to understand them.

Loindici

Veteran
I want them to send this and troll us in May like

Tralalalala we actually keep the albanian version for contest we tricked you

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
I waited until the revamp to give my points. I'll give it 5. It is a downgrade, but the song is still familiar. But it no longer stands out. The ethnic vibes are gone.

crashworld

Veteran
Now that Czech Republic is considering to revert back to the original version, is there a chance for Albania to revert back to the Albanian version despite it not being the original English version?

Uto

Veteran
Now that Czech Republic is considering to revert back to the original version, is there a chance for Albania to revert back to the Albanian version despite it not being the original English version?
I don't think they will do that. People on this forum knew the original version and usually it's very hard to accept the changes. There was something you liked and now your brain has to reprocess all these things which strains you. People who never heard the original will probably like the new version more. I do think that the lyrics just sounded better in Albanian by quite a margin, so if they could change that I would support that.

Citelis

Czech Repblic's revamp was terrible. This is good and the main reason people are complaining is because of the english language!

hijirio

Veteran

CypriotGirl

Veteran
The English version is good. I still prefer the Albanian, though. I'm a bit disappointed that they turned it 100% in English, but at the same time I like it. Perhaps it's more catchy to be in English for ESC, dunno...

Top Bottom