escYOUnited

Administrator
Albania-Card.png

LYRICS (Click Spoiler)

Videos:
Reaction Video

Fluke

Re: ALBANIA 2018

I wish they would try something else. They're very good at what they're doing, but they should give something else a chance, they've practically sent the same entry for the last four years now!

Romeo

Did I dream this or....

The TV channel announced months ago that they would not be using FiK because they want another contest to select the entry..

Was it a dream? or was it another country that I am thinking of?

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

Elhaida Dani's new song

NickWilde

Who's impatient for Festivali I Këngës Në RTSH 56 ?

Yesterday, the RTSH have published the registration procedures. I know registration will do on the Radio Tirana local between November 2nd and 10th. So it gives times to compose their song and record on the CD

joancamo

I'm so happy Albania confirmed :)
But I'm not really sure if they should continue to choose their entry with Festivali I Këngës :/ as it seems that for the last few (with the exceptions of Rona and Elhaida) have worked

hunty73

I'm so happy Albania confirmed :)
But I'm not really sure if they should continue to choose their entry with Festivali I Këngës :/ as it seems that for the last few (with the exceptions of Rona and Elhaida) have worked

People use to think the same about Sanremo yet now Italy probably have the highest quality entries and have entered the premier league of selection shows (even though its not really a selection show).Festivali I Këngës is a fantastic event and is a highlight of xmas.I think the answer is to change the jury.People aim to win the show,and that isnt the same as a good ESC song.With some jury changes though you could end up like Sanremo has.Jury winners get top 3 rightly so,but televote winners with broad appeal tend to win.Sanremo has stuck to its roots,provides wonderful artistry,yet manages to be contemporary as well.Albania can move in the same direction.Losing FIK would ruin xmas for me.

tuorem

People use to think the same about Sanremo yet now Italy probably have the highest quality entries and have entered the premier league of selection shows (even though its not really a selection show).Festivali I Këngës is a fantastic event and is a highlight of xmas.I think the answer is to change the jury.People aim to win the show,and that isnt the same as a good ESC song.With some jury changes though you could end up like Sanremo has.Jury winners get top 3 rightly so,but televote winners with broad appeal tend to win.Sanremo has stuck to its roots,provides wonderful artistry,yet manages to be contemporary as well.Albania can move in the same direction.Losing FIK would ruin xmas for me.

I agree, Festivali I Këngës should keep going. The comparison with Sanremo is very apropos imo, Albania has a true musical identity, which is thankfully showcased at this annual event.

But more importantly, Albanians should think twice before revamping the winning song a certain way imo. In the past, they managed to give their entries a nice varnish for Eurovision ("Carry Me In Your Dreams" and "It's All About You" come to mind), but they also messed up some years (Fairytale was a mess compared to Përrallë, for instance; "Feel The Passion" and "One Anger's Night" also divided people, "World" wasn't a good upgrade).

Apart from considering bringing Albanian language back to Eurovision (which I'd love to because it's so musical), they should re-think their way of adapting their songs to the contest format. Sometimes, all it takes is tweaks, not automatic complete reorchestrations. In recent years, I feel like they "blandified" their entries by removing all the interesting elements of the original versions. It's no wonder to me that they struggle to impress these days, despite their huge potential and numerous talents.

Realest

Just found this:

23591979_779748565561109_6997208177898172604_o.jpg

CaraMia

*Secretly rooting for Rezarta Smaja & Luiz Ejlli because I would like to finally see her in ESC and at the same time I would like Albania to send a man to break the tradition of only sending women*

Realest

The male-songs are all average to bad. :al: will definitely send again a female Singer. Inis, Artemise, Orgesa or Lorela should win.

AlekS

Veteran

My faves:

Denisa Gjezo - she looks like Tamara (Georgia 2017), probably the most modern song of a whole bunch.

Xhesika Polo - I like it more than her previous entry. I hope she delivers live this time.

Inis - C'mon little Christina, snatch that victory)) But the song is dated as hell. If she wins I hope they will choose something else for her.

Top Bottom