13 6.0%

10 4.6%

4 1.8%

6 2.8%

18 8.3%

• Total voters

niko

Banned
Let's be honest, she was crap live. Well deserved place. I think even qualification for the final was too much for her.

Did she even hit 10 notes yesterday?

And this comes from a fan of the song.

Quent91

I'm quite upset about the albanian people and their comments on the social networks...

1432478919-sans-titre.png

This is the kind of stuff we can read in the comments on the FB page of Eurovision. So that's all what matters ? The diaspora ? I'm so happy the juries killed the albanian diaspora vote because the song and the performance were - sorry but, eh - quite bad. When I see Albania is top10 in the televote... I don't even know how it got more points than the UK or France.

Kristi

Fact is, Italian, Swiss, Austrian and German juries killed it, probably intentionally, knowing that it would score exceptionally high on televote, and that damages the contest not a single bit less than diaspora vote. End of story.

You cannot intentionally downvote a song because you know other people are gonna like it, be it albanians, russians, chinese or aliens. It never worked like this in the Eurovision I grew up with.

I mean look at Austria..It's unbeliveable. Find me 5 random people whom will be given 26 songs to listen to, and will with no exception have all the same song they dislike the most. It's even scientifically impossible :lol:

I understand certain fans could be happy with that, but this is not how Eurovision works or ever worked. If you want it this way, keep it this way..

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I'm quite upset about the albanian people and their comments on the social networks...

1432478919-sans-titre.png

This is the kind of stuff we can read in the comments on the FB page of Eurovision. So that's all what matters ? The diaspora ? I'm so happy the juries killed the albanian diaspora vote because the song and the performance were - sorry but, eh - quite bad. When I see Albania is top10 in the televote... I don't even know how it got more points than the UK or France.

Exactly. Some of the countries are always like that, counting on every friendly or disapora vote. Or on the name of the artist (like people said 100500 times, she won The Voice of Italy) but that doesn't excuse her at all for the horrible performances.

Knubelznarm

This is why we need juries. She was like... half a tone off-key throughout 3/4 of the song. And it wasn't even good to begin with. So overrated. I can't make any sense out of this, and luckily the juries couldn't either.

tsegaye

Am I stupid when I say that I thought Albania was going to be a clear jury favourite? I don't understand anything at all at the moment...

Iuris

I think Albania could have taken advantage of this magnificent song, but they didn't. :(

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Fact is, Italian, Swiss, Austrian and German juries killed it, probably intentionally, knowing that it would score exceptionally high on televote, and that damages the contest not a single bit less than diaspora vote. End of story.

You cannot intentionally downvote a song because you know other people are gonna like it, be it albanians, russians, chinese or aliens. It never worked like this in the Eurovision I grew up with.

I mean look at Austria..It's unbeliveable. Find me 5 random people whom will be given 26 songs to listen to, and will with no exception have all the same song they dislike the most. It's even scientifically impossible :lol:

I understand certain fans could be happy with that, but this is not how Eurovision works or ever worked. If you want it this way, keep it this way..

Practically every jury killed Albania's song this year, not just those ones you mentioned there. It universally was panned by the juries. Her vocals obviously played a massive role in this result. I don't think juries down voted this because they were expecting it to pick up points. It was probably a very easy target to place low because of just how off all her performances have been. It's a shame because she has a really good voice, and I like her. The song is pretty good too. It just didn't come together live well at all.

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Practically every jury killed Albania's song this year, not just those ones you mentioned there. It universally was panned by the juries. Her vocals obviously played a massive role in this result. I don't think juries down voted this because they were expecting it to pick up points. It was probably a very easy target to place low because of just how off all her performances have been. It's a shame because she has a really good voice, and I like her. The song is pretty good too. It just didn't come together live well at all.

I entirely agree with you. She never really got it right over the last week, which is a real shame as she had such a splendid song.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
She never really got it right over the last week

She got it right on Monday night for the jury semifinal, but other than that, certainly. She's the Kati Wolf of 2015: a well-deservedly hyped song but performed live, especially in the semi, in such a way that even her biggest fans thought she deserved her ultimately not-great placing. Actually, the parallels are mostly coincidental but don't stop there: they both underwent a styling change between semi and final that made them look slightly less scared for their lives, their live performances were both bad in the same way (mostly hitting the notes but having serious issues with almost everything else), and they were both dropped hot potato-style by their respective cadres of pre-contest supporters within minutes.

Vera

In Serbian televoting she was 6th, but jury f*cked up and put her on 25th position:( Song was really good.
But, I must admit, there was one thing that made me puke and its related to Elhaida-her sour face when Macedonia gave her 12 pts. I know that her espectation from this contest were bigger but that was not corect, and my bigg dislike for her behavior!

Milos-BC

She was good. Not outstanding, but good. The competition was too tough and, to be objective, she didn't deserve more than this.

But still, this is one of the best :al: songs to date and by no means is this a bad result.

leli53

In Serbian televoting she was 6th, but jury f*cked up and put her on 25th position:( Song was really good.
But, I must admit, there was one thing that made me puke and its related to Elhaida-her sour face when Macedonia gave her 12 pts. I know that her espectation from this contest were bigger but that was not corect, and my bigg dislike for her behavior!

I was thinking the exact same thing.

i don't know if you have seen it before but there is something strange with the juries & Albanian entry this year :/

ARMENIA :
Jury vote in semi 1 : (Albania 09) (Estonia 13) (Hungary 14) (Belgium 15)
Jury vote in final : (Belgium 07) (Estonia 20) (Albania 23) (Hungary 24)

MOLDOVA :
Jury vote in semi 1 : (Albania 03) (Georgia 04) (Armenia 06) (Russia 07) (Belgium 08) (Serbia 09) (Hungary 10) (Greece 11) (Estonia 14)
Jury vote in final : (Russia 04) (Belgium 05) (Georgia 06) (Serbia 08) (Greece 12) (Albania 20) (Armenia 21)(Hungary 24) (Estonia 26)

RUSSIA :
Jury vote in semi 1 : (Albania 03) (Armenia 04) (Georgia 05) (Greece 06) (Hungary 09) (Serbia 10) (Romania 13)
Jury vote in final : (Georgia 06) (Greece 08) (Armenia 09) (Hungary 10) (Romania 21) (Serbia 25) (Albania 26)

Why can this change so much?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
MOLDOVA :
Jury vote in semi 1 : (Albania 03) (Georgia 04) (Armenia 06) (Russia 07) (Belgium 08) (Serbia 09) (Hungary 10) (Greece 11) (Estonia 14)
Jury vote in final : (Russia 04) (Belgium 05) (Georgia 06) (Serbia 08) (Greece 12) (Albania 20) (Armenia 21)(Hungary 24) (Estonia 26)

Moldova wasn't in the final?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
No they fall in semi

Yeah i know. I just realised what you was doing. I thought you were show juries voted for those 3 countries in the final. Not how those 3 countries jury voted.

Yess. This Albanian girl make the same performance in semi and in final.

How can Russian jury (for example) place her, 3rd in the semi, and 26 in final?

Unbelievable!

Top Bottom