22 10.7%

18 8.8%

9 4.4%

15 7.3%

14 6.8%

17 8.3%

• Total voters

Celia

For a moment I thought she had a shot at it...the background and her standing on a platform suited the song very well.

pinkchiffon

For a moment I thought she had a shot at it...the background and her standing on a platform suited the song very well.

Me too, it was one of the best-looking and most well-performed entries tonight.

Until Guitar Dad came ambling onto the stage wearing a turtleneck.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I'm really sad for Hersiana. I've loved her since December and I was so ecstatic that my favourite song had won Festivali i Këngës. Then it all sadly went downhill from there with one of the worst revamps of a song Albania have ever done. Everything that made the song special had been stripped away. All that remained was Hersi's beautiful voice.

This result was predictable but it's a great, great shame she couldn't make it through. I'm so sorry for my favourite Eurovision country. Don't be downhearted by this and keep sending your beautiful and unusual entries. There is only one Albania in the contest and we need your special songs. Next year, PLEASE sing in your stunning language once more.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
I'm really sad for Hersiana. I've loved her since December and I was so ecstatic that my favourite song had won Festivali i Këngës. Then it all sadly went downhill from there with one of the worst revamps of a song Albania have ever done. Everything that made the song special had been stripped away. All that remained was Hersi's beautiful voice.

This result was predictable but it's a great, great shame she couldn't make it through. I'm so sorry for my favourite Eurovision country. Don't be downhearted by this and keep sending your beautiful and unusual entries. There is only one Albania in the contest and we need your special songs. Next year, PLEASE sing in your stunning language once more.

My brother was watching with me and said Hersiana was by far his favourite of the night. He actually said her vocals "shook the earth", and he isn't easily impressed. This whole song kind of passed me by, but her performance tonight the stand out and it makes me sad she didn't qualify. I suspect she lost out in the jury vote.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
My brother was watching with me and said Hersiana was by far his favourite of the night. He actually said her vocals "shook the earth", and he isn't easily impressed. This whole song kind of passed me by, but her performance tonight the stand out and it makes me sad she didn't qualify. I suspect she lost out in the jury vote.

I think she probably did lukewarm with the jury and terribly with the public. The melody was far too unusual for the average voter to get, especially with just one listen. Contrary to what reports were saying from the rehearsals, I actually believe she had very nice staging and everything was quite effective. She just wasn't memorable enough and her song would not have been an instant hit for most.

It's a great pity. Stripping away the cool, manic intro made the song lose something. Her English is very good (better than the vast majority in fact) but the Albanian language is something very special. It could have made a difference here especially in a year lacking native tongue.

Shqiperia

Next year? I think you need to re-think that. After last year failing to qualify nearly made us withdrew last year.. I wonder now for next year. I would like to see us withdraw and come up another way to pick our contestant.

pinkchiffon

I remember when Albania threatened to withdraw the day after Eurovision last year. I hoped it wasn't true, because I wanted them to send that unusual girl who had come 3rd at FiK that year. But anyway, it makes me wonder if that bad attitude is the reason why the broadcaster devoted next to no support or input to this year's entry (as you can see from the low-budget video, and I have my suspicions that studio time and resources suffered as well.) I hope withdrawing isn't the answer, but Albania needs to do something differently before they screw over any more of their good singers.

Etl

She deserved to be in final. She had the best vocals in whole sf1 last night.

musicfan

Strongest Albanian entry for years, I've liked it for months and obviously deserved to qualify. Azerbaijan have arguably the best ballad but this is possibly the next best.

toinou03

Hersi is a great singer and I hope she comes back soon with a better song. But that song was completely out of date. I hope Albania moves on in its FiK because right now, they're going into :confused: songs...
They were more daring with Rona or Olta Boka. :)

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Next year? I think you need to re-think that. After last year failing to qualify nearly made us withdrew last year.. I wonder now for next year. I would like to see us withdraw and come up another way to pick our contestant.

I'd be devastated if you left. With a different selection method i'm sure Albania would come up with a decent pop song but I (rather selfishly) don't want that. Albania to me is the most special, the most daring ESC country. I want you to continue sending brave, beautiful entries.

One thing i've noticed though is your rock doesn't go down well. 2011, 2013 and even 2014 (as Hersi's song was rock tinged).

Franco

Poor Hersi. :(
Her elmination has been the only shadow on an otherwise terrific night.
But she's a great singer. I'm sure that it's been the translation of the lyrics to be fatal for this entry.

Top Bottom