14 4.5%

17 5.5%

19 6.1%

16 5.1%

79 25.4%

• Total voters

une

Re: ALBANIA 2012

When will we hear actual Albanian mainstream music on ESC stage? The Albanian selection seems a little too old-fashion.

Or a nice Albanian ballad like in 2008.

This is the problem with Albania, not being able to send a representative of our mainstream music, and finding the formula which contest better chooses that.....

nikolay_BG

Banned

^Why? Aurela Gace surely is one mainstreem albanian musician. The problem was that her song wasn`t too mainstreem.

And about Flori, yeah, his songs are good, but on ESC autotune isn`t allowed :cool:

Grinch

No Flori please. Albania has great musicians but the songs they sent were not so great. Especially western countries didn't seem to pay attention for Albanian entries. Maybe Alban Skënderaj & Miriam Cani might try again? Or only Alban? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran

^Why? Aurela Gace surely is one mainstreem albanian musician. The problem was that her song wasn`t too mainstreem.

And about Flori, yeah, his songs are good, but on ESC autotune isn`t allowed :cool:

Yes, but this is the exact problem. I mean Aurela was the one who gave us "Originale" and what did we get in ESC? I know Albania got some pretty cool mainstream music, but we never get to hear it in ESC.

As for Flori I meant him as a producer, not as the act.

Narmina

Part of Serbia? Are you serious? Kosova is a country which is recognised by 76 UN states. You can think whatever you want ofc. For example I could say "Portugal is nothing but a small town" or "France is a part of Germany" ;)

I prefer to stop political stuff here. I respect your opinion and you must respect mine. That's all

Milos-BC

Part of Serbia? Are you serious? Kosova is a country which is recognised by 76 UN states. You can think whatever you want ofc. For example I could say "Portugal is nothing but a small town" or "France is a part of Germany"

If you don't have any knowledge (and you don't) about this, don't mix things that can't be mixed. What you said here is pure nonsense. Is Kosovo in the UN? Are these 76 nations the whole world? I can call Izmir a country too, but that won't mean I will see it on ESC ;) Actually, I will, but as a part of Turkey.

Anyway, on the topic, I wouldn't mind seeing Anjeza coming back with a great song.

Last edited:

Sabiondo

How about Aferdita Dreshaj..?? If she doesn't win Miss Universe for Kosovo, at least can try in Albania to be in Eurovision...:D

Last edited:

Charly

RTSH, the Albanian public broadcaster, has already launched a call for songs to participate at the 50th edition of Festivali i Këngës. It hasn't been confirmed yet whether Albania will enter the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest or not.
Festivali i Këngës is a long standing tradition in the Albanian music industry. Since 2003, it has been used to select Albania’s entry for the Eurovision Song Contest. Albania entered Eurovision Song Contest for the first time in 2004.

In December 2003, Anjeza Shahini won the 42nd edition of Festivali i Këngës with the song Imazhi yt and got a ticket for Eurovision. In 2004, she represented Albania in Istanbul with the song The image of you. She came 7th in the final and achieved the best Albanian result to date at the Eurovision Song Contest.

The 50th anniversary edition of Festivali i Këngës will take place in December 2011 but the dates haven’t been set yet. Meanwhile, RTSH has already launched a call for songs. Artists can send their songs to Radio Tirana on 3 and 4 October. Traditionally at the same time the national broadcaster confirms that the winning act of Festivali i Këngës will represent the country in the Eurovision Song Contest but this year they didn’t mention anything about Eurovision in their spot.

At the moment it’s not clear if Albania will participate in Eurovision 2012. Another possibility is that the broadcaster will use another system to choose the Albanian representative.

Aurela Gaçe represented Albania at the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest with the song Feel the passion but didn’t enter the grand final.

Charly

This year RTSH celebrates the 50 years since the first Festivali i Këngës took place. The event will be held in December and the preparations have already started. The name of the host it seems to be already known, as Telegrafi reported. Adi Krasta, the well known albanian presenter, who has hosted Festivali i Kënges in 1997,1999, 2002, 2003 and 2006, will host, after six years of absence, the special edition of the festival.

Another Albanian magazine, Panorama, reported that the producer and director of the 50th anniversary of RiK will be Vera Grabovcka. Vera is one of the most popular producers in the country and she took part in the production of the RiK in 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1991 and 1994.All that means that two very big Albanian television’s names will cooperate for the best result. However, Albanian broadcaster didn’t confirm the participation of the country in Eurovision song contest 2012 yet. But, It seems that they will do it very soon.

Charly

Elhaida Dani, an 18-years-old singer from Albania, confirmed participation in Festivali i Këngës 50. The Albanian selection for Eurovision 2012 will take part in December and the last day to submit an entry is 14th of October. RTSH will publish the participants for Festivali i Këngës next month.

Elhaida Dani is the first artist to admit that she will participate in Festivali i Këngës 50. Elhaida won the first prize in Star Academy 2009 Albania and she also won the prize in the newcomers category in the music festival Suncane Skale 2011, held in Montenegro. She also gave several concerts in the Balkan countries.

Her firs single, entitled ”Si asnjëherë”, that was very successful in the Balkans, was composed by the famous Albanian songwriter Adrian Hila, who produced the Albanian entries for 2005, 2007 and 2009. You can watch Elhaida Dani’s performance in Suncane Skale 2011 here:

Starmania

Participants for Festivali i Këngës revealed

http://www.esctoday.com/news/read/17742
  • Altin Goci
  • Bashkim Alibali
  • Bojken Lako
  • Claudio La Regina
  • Dr. Flori
  • Elhaida Dani
  • Elton Deda
  • Endri & Stefi Prifti
  • Entela Zhula
  • Evans Rama
  • Frederik Ndoçi
  • Goldi Halili
  • Gerta Mahmutaj
  • Hersi Matmuja
  • Iris Hoxha
  • Kamela Islamaj
  • Kujtim Prodani
  • Mariza Ikonomi
  • Marjeta Billo
  • Marsida Saraçi
  • Orinda Huta
  • Rona Nishliu
  • Rudina Delia
  • Saimir Braho
  • Samanta Karavella
  • Sindi Berisha
  • Toni Mehmetaj
  • Xhensila Myrtezaj
I'll comment the ones who i know.
Bojken Lako : Bad choice, awful song in 2010, paid jury supported this one that year imho.
Claudio La Regina : It was my favorite in 2010, with the song Ave Maria. But it became last unfortunately.
Dr. Flori : Know this from Origjinale, may be good choice.
Endri & Stefi Prifti: Still listening to their 2010 song.
Frederik Ndoçi : I like his ESC enty and still listen to it.
Goldi Halili : Two great songs in a row, please also this one be great.
Iris Hoxha : Don't like 2010 song.
Kamela Islamaj: Great song in 2010 and nice one in 2011.
Mariza Ikonomi : Another rolf jr.

A-lister

Veteran

If Mariza would enter a song like this one I'm all for her!

Unfortunately her attempts in Albanian selection never really lived up to other work she did, and it seems FiK is not really open to this type of music aswell and artists seems to release better songs outside of FiK than their entries in FiK.

Aurela Gace is a good example of this. On paper her named seemed really promising (following her hit "Originale") but her FiK entry was nothing like that and rather weak.

Seeing dr. Flori in there atleast shows FiK is ready to give contemporary Albanian music a chance, problem is though that dr. Flori is a rapper and needs a singer imo.

Anyway we'll see.

Imo their 2008 entry remains their best so I hope they won't translate this time around and send something more local sounding (yeah yeah... I know this is my general opinion but in Albania's case it really is!)

Last edited:

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

A few days ago, directors of Festivali i Këngës, the Albanian national selection for Eurovision, held a press conference where they announced several details for the upcoming competition. They announced that the music will be live by an orchestra of 53 instrumentalists. Also, there will be a third night of competition, where 26 winning songs from the past years of Festivali i Këngës will be performed once again!

The dates of the festival are:

26 December – First semi-final
27 December – Second semi-final
28 December – Past F.I.K. hits!
29 December – The Grand Final.

The voting system for the 50th Festivali i Këngës, will be 100% jury again. The artistic director and last year’s winning composer Shpëtim Saraçi, told to the attendees of the press conference that this will be not be a year of experiment. He added that this year the jury will chose the “right song” for Eurovision which will represent Albania in the best way possible!

The juries and the directors of the festival haven’t all been announced yet, but it’s been found that there may be new directors and artists to lead the festival, or otherwise there will be past members to do so.

This year, as RTSH announced, the festival will be more professional than it’s even been and RTSH has chosen the biggest names from the Albanian music to take part in the festival.

Immediately after RTSH press conference, the fans reacted! In some forums focused on Albanian music, fans are not happy with the rules of the festival – they are not satisfied with the voting system and the live orchestra this year. This is the second year that the fans are negatively reacting to RTSH’s plans for Festivali i Këngës. In the comments and forums, fans want their right to choose the winner and to modernize the festival.

This year there will be 28 songs participating in the festival with 28 big names associated with them!
They are;

Altin Goci
Bashkim Alibali
Bojken Lako
Claudio La Regina
Dr. Flori
Elhaida Dani
Elton Deda
Endri & Stefi Prifti
Entela Zhula
Evans Rama
Frederik Ndoci (Albania 2007)
Goldi Halili
Gerta Mahmutaj
Hersi Matmuja
Iris Hoxha
Kamela Islamaj
Kujtim Prodani
Mariza Ikonomi
Marjeta Billo
Marsida Saraçi
Orinda Huta
Rona Nishliu
Rudina Delia
Saimir Braho
Samanta Karavella
Sindi Berisha
Toni Mehmetaj
Xhensila Myrtezaj

SOURCE

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

RTSH, the Albanian broadcaster, has already started with the preparations for the 50th edition of Festivali i Këngës. The first rehearsal for the big annual Albanian music event has been performed today by the RTSH Symphony Orchestra. Also, the dates for the festival have been revealed. The grand final will be held on December 29th.

It's only one month left till the 50th edicion of Festivali i Këngës on RTSH takes place. This year's edition of FiK is going to be fully live, with music by the Symphony Orchestra of RTSH. The Orchestra was created in 1962, the year when the first edition of Festivali i Këngës was held.

Today, the Symphony Orchestra of RTSH has started with their first rehearsal at the broadcaster's studios. During three weeks, 53 professional instrumentalists will rehearse the 28 songs that will compete in Festivali i Këngës, which will take place during four days in December.

The last two weeks before Festivali i Këngës, the orchestra of RTSH will continue their rehearsals in Pallati i Kongreseve, where the Festivali i Këngës 50 will take place.

The semi finals will take place on the 26th and 27th of December. Each of them will feature fourteen songs that will compete for a place in the big final on the 29th of December. The 28 participating songs have been selected by a professional jury made up by Thoma Gaqi, Fatmir Hysi, Aurela Gaçe, Kozeta Mamaqi and Edison Miso.

Just like in previous years, the winning song of Festivali i Këngës that will represent the country at the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest will be selected by a professional jury that will be soon announced.

On the third night, 28th of December, 26 winning songs of the past years will be performed. Most of the winning entries will be performed by the original singers.

AlekS

Veteran

http://esctoday.com/news/read/17933
Running order:

Semi 1
1. Gerta Mahmutaj
2. Entela Zhula
3. Bashkim Alibali
4. Samanta Karavello
5. Endri dhe Stefi Prifti
6. Rona Nishliu