Contact us

ADAMSBURG 225 - I Wish You Were Mine....

sigi

Re: ADAMSBURG NSC 84 - Step aside for Adamsburgs comeback!

welcome back Adam... :)

Schlagerman1

Re: ADAMSBURG 80 years celebrazion! This is what we made of!

This edition is Adamsburg 80th time in this contest. We have been through a lot of success and also alot of flops...but maybe even more in the middle of the road. :p
But whatever happened, I have always had a great time in the contest and has heard some marvelous songs over the editions and sent songs that has all been me in one way or another. To celebrate my diversity and the 80 editions in the contest I will have a 20 day festival, showing of all of my NSC entries in groups of 4 for each day! Some has become true NSC-classics, some has been forgotten along the way, but will get a chance to shine once more. One of the first days will my 80th song be announced, so check this thread out.

Let's start the Celebration!

First song is from NSC 74 and is a song I liked immedietly on the first listen. After not being able to get a top 10 placement in 12 editions, I felt that this was my shot of doing really well, and it certainly did with 3rd place and 170 points. These dirty lyrics got somehow recognized by the NSCers around...maybe they are a little dirty in their private life. ;)

"Brains Out" Caotico feat. Tove Styrke

The 2nd song today is from NSC 48! The 40s was a very successful time for Adamsburg with several places in the top half in the final scoreboard the confidence was high when sending a singer that I really liked. The song with a lot of American political refences in the video and the song, did not enjoy as much as many songs did before this one was send. It missed the final, getting a total of 45th place with 41p. I couldn't understand, how this did so bad, but I just laughed at it and continued to enjoy this song! ;)

"Let's Kill Ourselves A Son" Timo Räisänen

The 3rd song is from NSC 36, when the contest was for the first time co-hosted, by Adamsburg and Tír an Abhainn. Since I was planning of withdrawing from this edition in the first place for making a break for studies, the hosting made me have to search for a song, and found this ballad while searching and liked the dark lyrics and the deep melancholic melody and send it. It didn't go so well though, 28th and last place for this song with 28p. Double 28 is not bad though! ;)

"True Believer" Edith Backlund

The 4th and last song is the oldest of these, and is from NSC 17. This song was for me sent for winning, I was sure I was going to get at least the top 6 in the final, which was becoming the new pq-rules starting from this edition. Despite being a Pre-qualifier already, I had a feeling that this was my big chance...but then it didn't really happen. I did get a good placement, 11th with 90p, but I was so disapointed that I wasn't even close...today I can understand why it didn't work, but I still think this is one of this singers strongest songs.

"Until I Die" September

So Do you remember the songs?
What do you think of them?
Which is the best and which is the worst?
Underrated or overrated?
Do I have a crazy taste?

Comment whatever you like and enjoy music that has been in NSC the almost last 6 years! ;)

Keko

Laughing With is, for me, undeniably your best entry. It is one of my favorite NSC entries ever. I remember it getting in a 4-way tie at the final results along with my entry. And we both lost to Sexy Bitch, which to this day remains the most tragic moment in history of NSC results. I also gave you 12 for Brains Out which is still awesome, and you had some other great entries as well like I Follow Rivers, DJ Ease My Mind and White Foxes (which I massively underrated ;_; ). Probably some other great ones as well, but I can't remember them all now. D=

Cooler

Banned

cuz we all shiiiine xsing
We Shine is totally the best ::adb entry! I Follow Rivers has grown on me a lot as well. :p Happy anniversary!

Yoni

You were SO SO SO underrated this final :(

Schlagerman1

Time for day 2 in the big celebration festival! :D Todays four songs are as follows:

First song comes from NSC 69, which the number inspired the entry I was going to send. This is not a typical kind of song I would send to NSC, which is why I tried for fun to do it. And it did rather okay too, 11th place with 121 points is really good for this song! :) And once again, dirty lyrics seems to help to do well in the contest..;)

"Top Of The World" The Cataracs feat. DEV

The 2nd song comes from NSC 73. After doing well in 72 I become PQ, I wanted to send a song that really touched my heart. This song was first given to me from one of my best friends and I got intruged by the melody, the singers voice and the deep lyrics. I knew it would have problems in NSC, but I just sent it anyway. And it didn't work that well, 28th and last with 32 points, but it is still a song I listen to when the darkness approaches in the autumn.

"Hope There's Someone" Anthony & The Johnsons

The 3rd song is from NSC 40, an edition that before I had problems coming up with ideas to send for it. I tried to look for former MF-artists and noticed this group which I found cool back in the 90s and searched for their songs. And heard this song and thought immiedtly that this was my coming entry. It did okay for this song, 16th place with 107p, but I have a feeling that this song might have done slightly better if it was today. It is even though a Adamsburgish classic still today!

"Gamen" Garmarna

Todays last song is a real old one, from NSC 7. After sending lots of pop and ballads, I decided in the middle of the 00s to go more rockish and went with a really strong song that I thought could break the barrier and go through...little did I know that it was way to early for these kind of songs to do well. Only a total of 33rd place and 54 points and was my worst placement for quite some time..but worse would come and this song is still awesome for me!

"Walk Idiot Walk" The Hives

theditz83

Veteran

I just wanted to thank you for introducing me to the amazing Galaxy by Sep - it is so beautiful, and the video makes me cry everytime I see it. You rock xup

Schlagerman1

Re: ADAMSBURG 80 years celebrazion!

Day 3 in the celebration is here and let's bring some more Adamsburgish classics for you! :)

Song 1 today is from NSC 15. After doing rather well in the beginning of the 10s I decided to go with one of the biggest swedish artists during the 1990s and early 2000s, with his newest from back then. The song has a really strong beat and I though this would do okay at least. It didn't work and just missed the final with being 29th in total with 89p.

"Eurofighter" E-Type

The 2nd song is from NSC 51. After sending finnish songs in 21 and in 31, but though missed NSC 41 I decided to go with a new one in 51. It was though hard to find one that was suitible. But then of a sudden surprise I found this song and it intruged me by it's mystic eastern feeling which fit very well with the finnish langauge. I just had to send it, though my hopes were low and I thought it would problably miss the final. But it did very well, it won the semifinal, but got lost in the final and finished 11th with 110p. Though this is one of the entries that has left the biggest impression on me and I can still listen to it now and then. :)

"Joka Päivä Ja Joka Ikinen Yö" Sarah Kivi

Number 3 comes from NSC 43. This was the last edition before the glorius period for Adamsburg. The song got chosen after hearing this on the radio and fell in "love" with it immiedietly, with this quirky melody, the little silly lyrics and the singers who are well suited with each other. I thought this could do rather well, not top 10, but a place in the final with some help from the reju, but it didn't work and a total 39th place with 34 points was what I had to live with. I still enjoy the song and I just can't help smiling when hearing the trumpet in the beginning of the song. ;)

"Love" Elin Ruth Sigvardsson & Lars Eriksson

The last song is from NSC 70. This is a song that I found already in NSC 68 and I just waited, and waited, and waited for the video to come...and suddenly it came! And I thought it was perfect to send it to NSC 70 and was expecting a pretty good result! But as often when I expect it, it just does rather okay...14th with 102p was a disapointment back then, but I can understand why it didn't go all the way since it isn't a perfect song. So the Saade..oops Saidac-effect didn't come, but still glad I sent it. ;)

"We Shine" Alex Saidac

Schlagerman1

Day 4 has come and these are the songs of today!

First song is from NSC 28. This song was sent during my search for doing better after for what I called "The Curse of Indica". That was the time between NSC 22 to 31, when my best placement was 19th and this song came, like many songs during these editions, to miss the final. Only a total of 40th place with 53p. This is though one of the few songs I wonder why I sent..not that it is bad but still...:p

"Insanity" Darin

The 2nd song is the very first song I sent to the contest. Before NSC 2 I was searching through the forum and saw this contest that I found interesting and decided to join for fun...and since then I have never regret it. :) The song is a classic for me, despite doing rather poor, 13th with 42p out of 15 competing songs, it is still a song that when I hear it, gives me memories of this contest. :)

"Tro" Marie Frediksson

With having the first song, why not take the latest song with it? Before NSC 89 I had already decided to go with this song, but then I surprisingly PQd, which made me doubt if I should go with it or not. It is a song that doesn't really stand out, possibly more of a grower, but this song has just grabbed my heart and I just had to send it, despite I was sure it was going to fail. It did, only 27th with 68p, but it was quite a lot of people that had enjoyed the song, even if they couldn't vote for it. It still catches me with this simple but still amazing video with the singer staring into the camera with no cuts and just cries during the chorus. :cry:

"Galaxy" Sep

Last song that will come up is from NSC 72! And this song is almost impossible to have forget. ;) The singers looks, the mystic sexy video, the dark but still comic lyrics and the rockpop-melody that still sounds classic. And the chorus, DON'T FORGET THE CHORUS, A MASTERPIECE! ;) I sent this in a period of my life that changed me alot. I had came to my mind (finally) that I was bisexual and felt happy with being it and was not afraid in the same way as before. This song stand for everything I had been scared about and that is why I had to send it. I even said to myself that if it would have won, then I would announce my bisexuality to the whole world. It came 6th with 134p, so it had to wait a little longer, but still, this is not only a silly song that is sung by a drag. It is freedom for me! ;)

"Get Away With Murder" Jeffree Star

Schlagerman1

Day 5 and here are 4 more Adamsburgish classics!

The first song is from NSC 49! I was out searching for a song from Denmark, since I had enjoyed many danish entries before this edition, and found this song and felt that it was perfect for NSC. The mystic feeling given from the two singers and dancepop in danish was perfect for me and I had to send it. It did very well also, 4th place with 103p. Are you ready to party? ;)

"Party I Provinsen" Hej Matematik

The 2nd song is from NSC 29, an edition during the "curse of Indica" time. This song I really liked when it came and felt that it might sneak in to the final in a good semi. Though the draw couldn't be worse, with many countries that usually didn't like this kind of songs and I knew failure was coming. It came though 31st in total with 73p, which was a slight success for being in that semi. Still I song I enjoy, and think it deserve a little better.

"Pick Me Up" Emilia De Poret

Next one is from NSC 38! It is from a singer that I sent twice to the contest, and this is her 2nd song. Comparing to the first song is this one more dramatic and more sad. The song didn't work that well for the NSCers, a 34th place with 57p. Still I am happy to have sent this, since it is quite different to be a song of my. :)

"South Again" Maia Hirasawa

The last song of the 5th celebration day is from NSC 10! After a break for summer holiday for two editions I came back and had to think of a song pretty fast. Then I heard this classic on the radio and felt that I could go with it. It went through to the final and a 20th place with 69p is a decent placement. If I would have got more time I would never have sent it...not that I dislike the song though. ;)

"Just Like A Pill" P!nk

anselm

Tried to rank the songs so far

1. South Again
2. Hope There's Someone
3. Gamen
4. Brains Out
5. True Believer
6. Let's Kill Ourselves a Son
7. Until I Die
8. Tro
9. LOVE
10. Joko Päivä Ja Joka Ikinen Yö
11. Party i Provinsen
12. Walk Idiot Walk
13. Galaxy
14. Just Like a Pill
15. Get Away With Murder
16. Insanity
17. Eurofighter
18. Pick Me Up
19. Top of the World
20. We Shine

What would NSC be without Adamsburg xheartxheartxheart

Schlagerman1

After being busy a few days...and I just can't sleep tonight..let's try to catch up some of the celebrations! :D this time I am presenting my 80th entry as well, so stay tune! ;)

First we go to NSC 65! The contest was going to be held in Ugaly and I started to think of an old artist that I sent to NSC and also in Ugaly. So I checked up what she was doing, and oh she has a new song, let's hear it. It's good too, woo, gotta giva an another try despite it didn't work in NSC 20, and it did go better! 17th place with 111p I am happy with, and the singer got a slight revenge after the let down in the 20s! :)

"Boom Boom Boom" Firefox AK

The next song is from NSC 33! I was PQ and felt sending something different. I was happy that I finally did well in the contest but still a little furious with taking so long to do it again and well...I needed a song that explained my feelings...so well the lyrics says it all. It came 27th with 44 points, but hey, at least it was different. ;)

"New Noise" The Refused

The next song is from NSC 15. And it was sent after the big Idol-final of 2007 which had maybe the best final ever with two amazing singers in two very different ways. The loser of the two I have sent twice to the contest, and would have sent her a third time if she had beaten this singer in the final. Though I wasn't disapointed with sending this version of the song to the contest, after all I came 5th with 140 points. Lovely power-ballad which still gives me goosebumps every now and then. :)

"This Moment" Marie Picasso

And this is the moment! Time to announce the 80th entry of Adamsburg Some may have heard it already in the semifinal (got number 1 in a semi for the third time in a row LOLZ). The song I have listened to for a while but haven't really dared to send till now. It is a strong dancebeat with one of the bigger swedish groups in the genre. Since I haven't sent much in this genre I feel, here is my chance! Here it is:

"Hungry Hearts" Nause

Schlagerman1

While I got the speed, let's go with an another group of songs! :D

First we go back to NSC 61! After doing rather well in the late 50s and in NSC 60, confidence was high when sending one of the artists that was talked about among Eurovision-fans during this time. She was going to compete in the Ukrainian NF with a song that really stood out, either it a good or an annoying way depinding on who you ask. I thought her style and way of singing was unique and started to look out for other songs and noticed this marvelous song and fell in love immiedtly. I knew this could be the breaker into two groups, but I felt I had a shot to go through and do rather well...but I had wrong once again a total 34th place with 56p and missed the final sadly. Though this is still a song that still lies in the memories in some NSCers and I still put it up if I just don't wanna be Gaga or Amy...I wanna go completly crazy like she does! ;)

"It's Me Jamala" Jamala

Next song is from NSC 50! I was PQ once again and wanted to send a song that was a little different and found this singer by chance and fell in love with this american summerfeeling over it. I hope this would do at least a little better than my ballads as PQ has went..but no it didn't. :p 26th place with 55 points, and but I have felt it coming and felt okay with it. Still a song that makes me dream to be on a field with green grass and yellow flowers...oops it is the video. :p

"The Great God Bird" Sufjan Stevens

Now we go back to NSC 5! This song was one hell of a big song back in early 2007 and I liked it lots myself and felt that I wanted to try send it to see what people abroad would think. And they liked it it seemed and it came 5th with 70p. Still a song that I like! :)

"7milakliv" Martin Stenmarck

The last song that I am going to show you now is from NSC 27. In the middle of the "curse-era", I had only been 27th as best in a final in a few editions and I felt hopeless on what to send. Then this song came to my mind and I thought to myself, what the heck, it is a good catchy song, with a man and a woman singing and it has some nice melody and I like the chorus and well this must be good enough for them. But it was also different. Very very different from what I normally sent. But it did work okay, and made the best placement in "Curse of Indica"-time, 19th with 97p. Btw, I love being reju-qualifier, thanks to them it made this one possible for a decent place at least! ;)

"Temptation" Cradle Of Filth

Schlagerman1

Let's take an another group of songs in the celebration! :D

We start with the oldest one in the bunch, from NSC 6! After sending lots of popish songs, I felt it was time to go rock, and take a chance. I was PQ and felt that this could be time for a rock song of doing rather okay. It didn't work at all though, came 22nd and last with 42p. But it is a good song still and I think that it would have done much better today than back then. :)

"Hearts On Fire" Hammerfall

We go forward in time to NSC 85! After having a good comeback in the contest I didn't know what to send to the contest, but felt I wanted to send something that wasn't from Sweden. The choice went to an artist I sent before and that I have 12ed once when she was competing for an another country. The song is a little generic and maybe not that strong, but for me it grew slowly better and better and I just had to send it, even if I knew it would have problems to go through. It came 41st in total with 48p, but I still love this singers way of singing the finnish language and the video is really interesting to watch.

"Kohtalon Oma" Chisu

We take one song that I sent around the same area, in NSC 88. After hearing this song on the radio I felt I just had to send this. It really fit the mood I was in at the time and when winter and coldness approaching this song makes me cold even on the inside. I had high hopes on this in the beginning, but since it didn't really hyped the way I wanted to, I started to think that a decent place in the final was okay...then suddenly it was at the top of the scoreboard for a while and strucked me. :eek: It ended 4th with 151p. A big surprise and finally being top 6 in a final after a long time of waiting! Wee! :D

"White Foxes" Susanne Sundfør

Last song tonight is from NSC 47. After being top half in the contest three times in a row and New Years Eve of 09/10 was on it's way I felt like sending a really happy and catchy song this time. After a while I found this singer when he was about to compete in MF 2010, and I really enjoyed this supercatchy, almost quirky some which had lots of New Years-feeling over it. It did well for this song too, 12th place with 108p and still think it is one of the stronger popsongs I sent. :D

"Flower Power Supergirl" Neo

Schlagerman1

Time for 4 more great NSC-songs! :)

1st one is from NSC 84! After a two edition long break, thinking it was time for me to depart or not from the contest, I decided to stay for a while longer. I decided to send a song in Swedish and this song was a huge hit during the summer here in Sweden and I liked it lots. It did rather well, 21st with 88p, and the first final place in the 80s! ;)

"Flytta På Dej" Alina Devercerski

The next song is from NSC 66! After doing rather well in the early 60s and did well with songs from Sweden, Finland and Denmark over the past, it was about time to do well with a norwegian one. So I went to search one and found this song with this nice Michael Jackson-kindish beat which was a bit different. It didn't work in NSC though, a total 38th place with 57p, but still like this song despite being maybe a little generic in the long run.

"Gone In A Flash" Eva & The Heartmaker

Next one is from NSC 23. This was in the beginning of the curse-period, but I still lived with the successes in the beginning of the contests history and felt like something different. I found this song out of a blue and liked it's happiness and catchy tune and thought it would be fun to try it out. It went bad though, 33rd with 57p. Sometimes I wonder why I sent this Icelandic group to NSC..to when I listen to it remind me of why. ;)

"Get's Me Down" Ampop

The last song is from NSC 60! A song I got to know on facebook that a friend that goes at the university here put up on her fb-page and I fell in love with it immedietly. I had a feeling this would do rather well in NSC too and it did rather good too, 11th with 113p. Still a song that really touches me and that I am proud of have sent. :)

"DJ, Ease My Mind" Niki & The Dove

anselm

Updated my list :mrgreen:

Schlagerman1

The celebration has taken a long break because of lots to do in school, but let's put up a few more groups. ;)

We start in NSC 39! A lovely song from a singer that later on would win NSC...but not for Adamsburg. I really like this song, this is one of my fave NSC-entries, because of the amazing feeling of freedom, spring and still a little sadness in the lyrics. It ended 18th with 103p. It deserved more IMO, but it was okay. :)

"Big City Love" Laleh

We go to NSC 18, first edition with two semifinals. I guess there are few of you that competes today that remembers or know that it was actually me and Sara(Swelatie, later on FSR Kopija in NSC). We should actually get more attention to it folks. :cool: Anyway, sent this song from one of the best bands from Sweden ever IMO. It missed the final though, only a 31st place with 60p in total. But I can still listen to this song every now and then. :)

"Calleth You, Cometh I" The Ark

Next song is from NSC 76. After went to a performance from the famous circus-act Cirkus Cirkör with a friend of my, this song was the head theme for the show and felt that it my heart completly. This is how my life has been for all my 22 years. I just had to send it, just because of it. I knew it would have problem to qualify, a 53rd place with 35 points. This is though also one of the songs that touched the most of the ones I've sent.

"Wear It Like A Crown" Rebekka Karijord

After rather bad placements in the 50s, I felt I had a shot of doing better in NSC 58. When I found out that this band was going to compete in Melodifestivalen and found out they had this power-pop song I knew I had to send it. And it became one of the faves to win...and it came 2nd with 159p. :lol: But what if Christina Perris "Jar of Hearts" hadn't been in...well that is something to think of. ;)

"We Should Go Home Together" Le Kid

Schlagerman1

4 new groups while having time to upload! ;)

Next song is from NSC 64. I found this song by accident and was stunned by the singers voice that really makes one completly silent and just wanna listen. It's strong message really brought me to feel that I had to try to send it to NSC. It came though 40th with 50p, so the message didn't work in the public, but I feel proud of sending this, even if it wasn't too NSC-friendly. :)

"Prisoner Of The Road" Sivert Høyem

Next song is from NSC 32! After more than 10 editions with "The curse" it was time to get some help. I tried with a new kind of NF, let people from other NSC-countries send in songs, where I decided 5 of them to qualify to a final and then let everyone vote. This song was was sent from Magna Grecia and got me immiedtly. Apperently in NSC, many people got into it's quirkyness as fast as I did and it went to do very well. 6th place with 134p! FINALLY BACK ON TRACK! :)

"Zirkus" MIA.

Next song we go forward in time to NSC 78. I wanted to send different this time and found this girl-band which had a really interesting song. Maybe not totally NSC-friendly, but could work in the right semi. I had to send it after the chorus going on and on and on and on in my head. :p It didn't qualify to the final, 30th place with 70p. But I really like this song for it's simplicity!! :)

"Bedroom Eyes" Dum Dum Girls

We go back in time, all the way to NSC 13. I decided to send one of the bigger hits from 90s, a song that I have grown up with! :) The song did rather well in NSC, 11th with 97p! I don't listen to it often, but when I do I smile. :)

"Cotton Eye Joe" Rednex

Schlagerman1

One more to listen to! ;)

We ended with this group in the last round of songs...now their song from NSC 19 is first. I found this song when looking for old NSC-performers I have had, and felt I had to send it. I like the feeling of freedom in the song and hoped many with me would do the same. Some did I suppose, since it came 16th with 79p! A really nice song that I maybe listen more to than the song before. ;)

"Spirit Of The Hawk" Rednex

Next song is in Swedish and from NSC 55. It was a long time since I sent a swedish song to NSC and felt it was about time and decided to go with one of the time shooting stars in the swedish music scene. The song is about infedility and she is asking her man "Did you let her come closer to you?" "Was she more beautiful than me?". A really sad song which touches ones heart immiedtly...if you understand the lyrics. :p Maybe that was the problem when it missed the final. 37th place with 54p was not enough. But I still really like this song. :)

"Lät Du Henne Komme Närmre" Melissa Horn

We go NSC 20! A song that I was thinking about a long time before sending, but I had to! It was so different from my usual style and I felt I had the chance to do it when it was going to be held in Ugaly. The song was close to qualify, 30th with 62p. I really glad I sent it, since this was the beginning of the few electronic songs I've sent to NSC. :)

"Winter Rose" Firefox AK feat. Tgr Lou

Let's finish this up with NSC 45! I Love this song...I love this singer and together I feel it is a masterpiece. :p I had high hopes when sending this to NSC. I hoped for being PQ..but missed not far away with 8th place with 130p. Still really like this song, can sometimes put it on and snap my fingers to the beat. Oh Yeah! ;)

"Happyland" Amanda Jenssen

Top Bottom