Contact us

ADAMSBURG 225 - I Wish You Were Mine....

Schlagerman1

Well a 26th place (and in total a 58th place) is the worst placement Adamsburg ever had. But I want to thank those who voted for our celebration entry, even if you were few. :) Next edition, Adamsburg will leave the songs in swedish for a rest and instead go with an english song again, this time a rock song. :eek: Stay tuned! ;)

Schlagerman1

Adamsburg is trying something different this time with their 101st entry ever. This time we are sending our 2nd french act ever and this time with a rock song! Our entry is:

ADAMSBURG ::adb NSC 196
"Lost Control" DUST IN MIND

xmetalxmusicxwall

Schlagerman1

Well maybe this was a too obvious of a choice from Adamsburg, seeing that the NSC has many rock loving nations. Maybe it was too standard and too much heard before, despite myself thinking this is one of the better songs in the genre I have heard in some time. Anyhow, glad getting the votes I got at least.

The song for the next edition is chosen and will be a bit calmer and more mysterious. I hope that it won't be something that just drift by like the last two entries, but I guess we will wait and see. :D

Schlagerman1

Adamburg will for the first time since NSC 23 send an Icelandic artist to NSC 197. Song will be announced shortly after we know who will host the upcoming competition! :D

Schlagerman1

I wanted to send a song that sorta fits the sense of what my mind feels like at the moment. Something calm but crazy, hopeful but dark, controlled but manical. This song represents all that IMO. Here is the 102nd entry from Adamsburg:

ADAMSBURG ::adb NSC 197
"Drifter (Dream On)" JFDR
xrose xangelxcookie

Schlagerman1

An 11th place for JFDR is amazing, thank you once again for all your points! :D TVAdam has decided to go with yet an another ballad, this time a duet between two swedish singers. We hope that this heartfelt ballad will be liked by the countries throughout the continents of Natia. Here is our 103rd entry:

ADAMSBURG ::adb NSC 198
"Violent Words Of Love" Ludwig Hart & Sarah Klang

xangel xrose xrunhug

Schlagerman1

I knew sending this ballad where a bit of a risk, but glad that it got a few voters at least, thanks for all the points! :D For 199, Adamsburg is going totally different, with sending a song that reminds them of their childhood. It is from one of their fave shows from when they were kids. It is quite a different sound for Adamsburg that will be exciting to see how people will react to it. Will be announced shortly after the NSC 198 results! :D

Schlagerman1

It's time to announce the song Adamsburg plan to send in NSC 199. It will be the shortest song ever sent to the competition from us. The song is called "Ika I Rutan" (Ika On The Screen) and is the intro song to a kids show that was aired on swedish television in 1988 and did so a few years after that. The show is about Ika, who walks around and dancing, acting and miming to whatever she wants. During one of the reairings in the 90s I found her and sending this does make me get some memoris the cooky and quite spooky feeling of this song and felt, even if Halloween is over, that it is the right time to send this entry. So here is the 104th entry from Adamsburg!

ADAMSBURG ::adb NSC 199
"Ika I Rutan" Ika
xcookie xqueenbitchxheya

Last edited:

Schlagerman1

After a polarizing entry in NSC 199, I think NSC 200 might become one as well. I decided to go with a song made by the swedish humourlegends Galenskaperna & After Shave. The group started in the late 70s and had several big hit shows and even songs ending up pretty high up in the swedish charts from 1982 onwards. One of the many classics they have made is the song I have chosen. It was made in late 2002 and you can easily see a clear inspiration to the swedish ESC-entrant of that year, Afro-Dite, who came 8th in Tallinn with "Never Let It Go". The song title means "I Want To Be Your Girlfriend" and the lyrics is about the gurls wanting the man of their dreams...even if it is pretty obvious he doesn't want anything to do with any of them. It's glamour, it's fun, it's schlager and for me a great way to celebrate both the 200th edition of the contest and also welcome the year of 2022!
Here is the 105th Adamsburgish entry:

ADAMSBURG ::adb NSC 200
"Jag Vill Bli Din Flickvän" LadyShave

xdance2xlovexyaay

Schlagerman1

After a few really rough results lately, Adamsburg hopes to strike back with a band that has been sent before to the contest, but it was a while ago. Adamsburg hopes that this dreamy pop song will make you in a good mood in the rough winter months to come. Here is the 106th entry from Adamsburg!

ADAMSBURG ::adb NSC 201
"Marry Me Just For Fun" Amason
xrose xheyaxangel

Schlagerman1

Another missed final, the 4th in a row, but this time it was pretty close though. Thanks for all the votes. Adamsburg is going with a finnish song next edition and putting our hopes of getting back in that precious final again. Here is the 107th Adamsburgish entry:

ADAMSBURG ::adb NSC 202
"Pappa Pliis" Nohanna

xmusicxdancexyes

Schlagerman1

Another missed final, 2nd worst total placement ever, but noticed that my song got a few fans at least, thanks for your points! :D This edition we will go with a nice little ballad that I fell in love with recently. Hopefully you all will too. Here is the 108th entry from Adamsburg:

ADAMSBURG ::adb NSC 203

"Go Your Own Way" Leroy Wild
xrose xangel xmusic

Schlagerman1

It is the 109th entry that is about to get announced and the broadcaster TVAdam has decided to go with a song that just turned 25 years old. But it is still an epic song that I listen to every now and then. TVAdam presents, the entry for NSC 204 in Ugaly:

ADAMSBURG ::adb NSC 204
"Bitch" Meredith Brooks

xangel xheya xqueenbitch

Schlagerman1

7 straight editions of non-qualifications...so yeah, a little frustrated, TV Adam tries again. This time, since it is the 110th entry ever sent to the contest, we go back to our roots and pick a singer that we sent before, even if it was a long time ago now. She did pretty well back then, and even if we know that doesn't mean anything today, we hope that this song in Swedish, with sami influences, written to her child, should touch the hearts of yours. Here is the 110th entry from Adamsburg, competing in Griffin Empire!

ADAMSBURG ::adb NSC 205
"Världen" Sofia Jannok

Schlagerman1

Yet an another failure, the 8th straight missed final now made with the hero that is Sofia Jannok. Glad to get the votes we got though and now I wonder what the heck to send to even have a shot of qualifying....TVADAM has been out searching for the best song we can find at this period of time, and suddenly we found it. In the other world, in a country called Japan, a fierce shining star came forward and with a song that I fell in love with immedietly, she is going to compete for Adamsburg in NSC 206 in Svobodnia. The 111th entry from Adamsburg is....

ADAMSBURG ::adb NSC 206
"Justice" Mika Nakashima
xmusicxqueenbitchxmetal

Schlagerman1

43-53-59-32-58-45-39-48-42

No, that is not this weeks lottery number, it is the total placements that Adamsburg had since late October 2021.
So yeah, I got absolutely no idea anymore what to send.... xthink xstars...maybe it is time to make a NF of some sort...

Schlagerman1

After 9 failed qualifications, TV Adam is back at it again, hoping to find an entry that will make us qualify again. This time, we put our hope in an american singer, mostly known on social media. Her song, speaking out of personal experiences touched us and we hope that more people will like it. Here is the 112th entry from Adamsburg!

ADAMSBURG ::adb NSC 207
"Victoria's Secret" Jax
xheya xmetalxqueenbitch

Top Bottom