Contact us

AATW Uzbekistan in WSN ~ Hush kelbsiz! ~ Confirmations ~ DL: 24th of August, 2015 23:59

strajker

d9hq4ez.jpg

Finally got bothered to make a logo. :D

Send your entries. Logo and stuff like that will come later.

DL: 21st August 23:59

Confirmed:

1. Eterland ~ Атаристан
2. Rumia ~ Румия
3. Yistland ~ Йистистан
4. Ölanda ~ Ўланда (means Plague lol)
5. Cherniya ~ Чарния
6. Il-Bidu ~ Ил-Биду
7. Prasia ~ Просио
8. Waiting Iist of Shelley & Nici ~ Кутиш Рўйхати Шелий ва Нисининг
9. Pigeon Island ~ Каптар Орол
10. Illumia ~ Илумия
11. Reym-L-Dneurb ~ Райм-Л-Днаурб
12. Perryfornia ~ Перифорния
13. Balearica Island ~ Балеарика Орол

Reserved:

29. Serenes ~ Саранас
30. DPR Jindalea (probably) ~ ХДР Жиндалея
31. Doire ~ Дойре (means Activists lol)
32. Kamandé ~ Комонда

strajker

Re: AATW Uzbekistan ~ Confirmations ~ DL: 21st August, 23:59

what's this?

This is a recurring spinoff. The theme of this spinoff is a real-world country chosen by the host. All artists competing in this event must be from the chosen country. In the case of groups, the majority of people in the group must be from the country. The song can be in any language.

Some notable other rules:

* Spinoffs run alongside the main NSC event, and take place one after the other. Only one spinoff event can be held at a time.
* Spinoffs should last for approximately two weeks each; one week for confirmation of entries, and one week for the show and voting. They may last for one week only, if confirmation fills up within one or two days.
* The absolute maximum number of countries allowed to participate is now 32 (to accommodate the increased nations due to WL), except in cases of particularly popular spinoffs.
* Re-using NSC songs again in spinoffs is discouraged, but not forbidden.
* Likewise, re-using spinoff songs in the main NSC is discouraged but not forbidden.
* However, re-using songs that have already been in another spinoff is forbidden, except in cases of spinoffs where different criteria is judged. (this rule is kinda ignored though, oh well)
* Waiting list countries are more than welcome

anselm

Reym-L-Dneurb is in!

pras

Prosio is in! :D

navras

ok i'm in if i find something good from Uzbekistan :D

edit: please strajker clear you inbox :)

strajker

Hey people, sorry about my inbox will be cleaned by 17.55

strajker

People constantly trying to enter my artist is kinda weird...

Keko

People constantly trying to enter my artist is kinda weird...

Perhaps because "I found the only decent artist from this obscure country, but it's not good enough for NSC, so I'll pick the country as next AATW destination and screw everyone else who wants to have fun participating in spin-offs, they can find mellow middle-of-nowhere song that's just barely listenable and hope they don't end up last, effectively turning this into a sort-of scorewhore spinoff, since nobody really likes their song except you" isn't really a solid spin-off idea.

strajker

Perhaps because "I found the only decent artist from this obscure country, but it's not good enough for NSC, so I'll pick the country as next AATW destination and screw everyone else who wants to have fun participating in spin-offs, they can find mellow middle-of-nowhere song that's just barely listenable and hope they don't end up last, effectively turning this into a sort-of scorewhore spinoff, since nobody really likes their song except you" isn't really a solid spin-off idea.

Yeah, because that totally makes sense. I did come up with AATW Uzbekistan because I remembered of that song, however, I did not make AATW Uzbekistan because of that. I have spent time listening to Uzbek songs in the past, and there have been other "weird" locations previously in the contest. I am changing my entry, so can you have it [MENTION=4433]Keko[/MENTION], and I'll just pick something else for Waiting Iist of Shelley & Nici after all the confirmations are done. Also, I've considered either entering that song or Rizamyn in NSC 112, ended up sending that song to ISC.

Romeo

Il-Bidu song sent :il:b

Keko

however, I did not make AATW Uzbekistan because of that.

You literally said that was the reason, it's on my visitor messages for everyone to see. Fuck, perhaps I should have wrote the last post in private, but I assumed it wasn't really a secret considering you said that publicly. And you must think very little of me if you genuinely believe I would take the entry in this scenario. Please keep it.

dogmeat

From European perspective, Central Asia is an exotic region, but it's definitely an interesting one. And Uzbekistan is the region's largest country (nota bene it's got 10 times larger population than previous AATW country), so it's a logical choice. I like it.

Lenalite

You literally said that was the reason, it's on my visitor messages for everyone to see. Fuck, perhaps I should have wrote the last post in private, but I assumed it wasn't really a secret considering you said that publicly. And you must think very little of me if you genuinely believe I would take the entry in this scenario. Please keep it.

Dan told me to write here that in that case [MENTION=14030]navras[/MENTION] can have it. He is not home at the moment and he'll write a proper message when he gets back, he said.

strajker

I wrote this to [MENTION=4433]Keko[/MENTION] 's Visitor messages:

"I've started AATW Uzbekistan so that I can send Shahzoda somewhere."

By that I never meant that I'm sending it in order to send a scorewhore song, and I never meant that the song is too bad for regular NSC. You weren't the only one to say that, actually, some other people did too, therefore I decided to change my entry, and confirm something after everyone has sent an entry, so that I wouldn't be taking up anyone's artist.

Also, yeah I've told [MENTION=5361]Lenalite[/MENTION] to post that, but didn't expect you'd post it five minutes before I get home lol. [MENTION=14030]navras[/MENTION] read your PM.

I'd also definitely not consider Uzbekistan an exotic location, considering it's population and location, and we've had more exotic AATW locations. (Or well maybe, only Pacific Islands... but eh (tbh, I'd include Lithuania into that).)

Sorry if I came up rude or anything towards you though. /although, I wouldn't say I did./

strajker

what means AATW? :)

All Around The World.

By the way confirmed songs so far:

1. Eterland
2. Rumia
3. Yistland
4. Ölanda
5. Cherniya
6. Il-Bidu

Reserved: