• It was quite a weak eurovision

20 17.5%
  • It was a normal eurovision

26 22.8%
  • It was a strong eurovision

46 40.4%

• Total voters

EvNickGR

It was an OK Eurovision. I think that the voting part ended so quickly!

Tristran

I think it was a strong edition, plenty of songs I loved, but one with a forgettable winner.

aletem

It was a weak year. Nothing screamed to me "get up and dance, shake it up". There wasn't anything wow for me. There are many songs that I like from their studio versions, but I wish I could say the same from their live versions yesterday. So many of my so-called favourites turned up to be weakly presented, be completely plain and nothing happening. I really do miss 2007, 2009 and yes last year as well. This year was a bit too generic in terms of songs. I think some of them were great, some of them were far from being ok.
I loved the arena, the stage. The hosts were awesome. I believe they were a refreshment for the contest. It was a more relaxed atmosphere. Anke turned out be very serious at the results show, in my surprise (but still professional). The opening was a bit too much for me to process. :lol: I still think it was very good, perhaps a bit too Americanized. I liked the idea with the pyrotechnics. The green room was excellent. Like someone already pointed out, it was very nice that they have opened that wall (and in a way it was symbolic) and showed the green room.
The voting was a bit tight. I guess we were used of having 2 or 3 absolute favourites having scored >200 points. This year the winner had one of the lowest amount of points in a while. Yes I agree with one of the comments above that the voting went too fast. The good side of the voting was that after 20 sets of votes, many countries managed to get a 12 points and it wasn't very predictable (20 countries got 12 points, out of 25!). Ironically, Bosnia had 5x12 points and Azerbaijan only 3, whereas Lithuania had 2 and Greece had only 1x12. Maybe some of the voting became slightly predictable, but honestly I didn't expect this Top5! :lol: And I've pointed out in the Italian thread, that as much as I like the Italian song (and I really like it), I think the 2nd place was perhaps too much. It was too much of a welcome back! By all means, if Luxembourg rejoins - what will happen? Will they win? :lol: I hope next year we will have better songs and hopefully I will have the same excitement about the contest (and I didn't had it this year :lol:).

r3gg13

I think it's a fairly strong edition. If we look at the distribution of the scores, we can see that as well. The songs are more or less equally above-average in quality. I don't think there were any distinctly crappy songs, or any distinctly "a cut above the rest" song. That's what makes it strong for me.

I liked the stage and the green room, but Russia's stage and LED's were just plain better.

94ayd

It was definitely weak, not because of the songs, thought they weren't that great, either but because of the performances. Maybe we had the most good vocal performances ever but such boring presentations and almost all songs in English... The last straw was the terrible resutls we got in the end. Germany did a great job on the stage and hosts, though. ;)

nikolay_BG

Banned
I think that wasn`t an ESC, but it was a circus. The shows weren`t that spectacular. Yeah, we got good pyros and that`s it...
Maybe the bast part was that Sweden didn`t won :lol:

asia

I think it was both weak and strong in respects there were more bad songs than normal, but also a lot of high standard songs.....

chipzz

This was the weakest Eurovision since 2008. At least Serbia had fireworks outside of the arena at the winning time ,and also an original postcards.

Weak opening,weak interval acts!

Norway was lightning years better!

lory

concerning the voting i found it very weak.. all in all, i think it was great, some songs were really cool. and the final had the best opening act EVER

Woohoo

I think it was a better Eurovision compared to last year's snoozefest, but the voting was quite shocking.

otto

It lacked the real highlights and obvious contenders. But in general it was about normal, I think. The winner was of the more forgettable.

I rarely agree with the final standing - but that's just how it usually is. Though I am rather pleased with Italy, and that Switzerland for once qulified for the final. The greek entry was 50 percent superb - and 50 percent absolutely hideous. Weir stuff....

Magizian

I think it was a strong Eurovision. In fact, the best I can remember.

- I liked that it was impossible to pick a clear favourite.
- The stage was incredible (!!!).
- The hosts were actually funny, instead of trying to be funny.
- I thought the standard of the songs was slightly better than usual.

artdeco

A few great songs. But the hosts, staging, interviews in the green room and the booing crowd made it a very weak Eurovision.

The Russian operation probably set a standard that will never be surpassed.

Milos-BC

It was a very normal ESC edition song wise (although I think the overall quality of songs is dropping from year to year), with one of the best hostings ever. And I think the final itself was the best one ever.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
I voted average. While overall I thought it was a pretty weak year overall I must say that the Final ended up being a rather strong one meaning the right songs qualified from the semis eliminating most what would be considered weak songs by the majority.

Top Bottom