Contact us

A Re-Introduction Thread (If That's Allowed?)

RevNet

Mods, please move this thread to the appropriate sub-forum if this isn't the place to post this kind of thread.

Hey y'all,

I noticed that on one of my multireddits that FiK 58 had ended, and that, I feel, is usually the start of the Eurovision season, so to speak. I will be giving my comments on the winning song in that sub-forum, but I wanted to do this first. So, here I am. :)

Why am I making a re-introduction thread, you ask? Well, I felt that I had left this community in not-so-good terms, what with my somewhat-unsavory posts within the WorldVision sub-forum and such. At the time of my last post on here (April 2019, I think?), I was starting a new job as a typesetter for a local printing company. To say that I wasn't in the best headspace is a bit of an understatement. So, I left, and I didn't come back here for a while.

When ESC 2019 occurred, I had just started the Australian vacation with my folks. Now, coming to Australia from Sweet Home Alabama, you'd think that I would have a better opportunity to watch the contest, right? Well, as it turns out, the room I stayed in didn't have a TV*; therefore, I had to find out who won through social media. After that, I felt kind of defeated that I couldn't watch ESC 2019 along with you all. Therefore, I extended the break from the community. Before the post that you're reading right now, I have visited this community only five times (maybe more, I don't know for sure) since then, mainly because of my job.

Therefore, I want to hopefully make amends with this thread and start the new year on the right foot:

Hello, my name is Wesley. I am a 33-year-old guy from the northeastern part of the state of Alabama, in the USA. I have watched and/or kept up with Eurovision since 2006 when Lordi won. Besides that, I have long been a lover of almost all genres of music, but especially EDM. I have updated my avatar to my most recent selfie, which was taken last Monday night.

As far as whether or not I'll be going back into WorldVision, my response to that is "not for now", but who knows, maybe in the new year, I might change my mind. If I do, I promise that I'll try to be on my best behavior. For those that know, you'll all know what that means. If not, you can PM me.

*To be clear, the house we stayed in had two TVs as far as I know, but neither one of them were in the bedroom I stayed in. On top of that, I learned a long time ago that you do NOT go on vacation, especially one of this kind, just to watch TV. Also on top of that, on the day of the Final, I was gung-ho about something that I've wanted to do for a long while, which was to attend an Aussie Rules football game.

Top Bottom