Contact us

50 years before-Nostalgic entries in NSC (this week: NSCs 1-10)

lolip

Let's remember the old times of NSC...
Let's start from today.

This week send your favourite entries from decade of '00s (NSC 1-NSC 10),as well your thoughts about that period of NSCs and your thoughts also about the songs...

I start from a great song which I really really love!!!

It's
Life in Mono-Mono
Ugaly NSC 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KpODDuzlhk

The first entry I heard ever in NSC.Amazing song!!!I gave to it 10 points in the semi-final,but it didn't qualify.I was so dissapointed about this result :(

C'mon,send ur fave entries from NSC 1 to NSC 10 :D :D

Last edited:

takeru

Re: 50 years before-Nostalgic entries in NSC

LOVE this thread Theo xheart
Some great memories actually, I'd forgotten that you and I debuted in the same edition :D

Life in Mono was also the first NSC song I technically heard. Unfortunately, I grossly underrated it and gave it 0 ;_; I did consider it for points though, I'll have you know xD
It's an awesome song, and definitely deserved to have qualified at the time. Its legacy was kept alive for a long time afterwards though, so it's stood the test of NSC time well :mrgreen:

Will think of my own shortly ^^

Canuck

Though I didn't participate, from the songs I know my favourite would be Calypso NSC 10 - Queen - Don't Stop Me Now (definitely one of the BEST songs of all time)

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
My favourite definitely has to be:
Maccha-Brugia, NSC 10
Jeckyll & Hyde - Freefall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=womFrEzka4A

There's lots of good nostalgia from this era, but this one was a fantastic song with a style which was unheard of in NSC at the time, and it really captured my heart. I was close to giving it points in NSC 10, but it didn't quite make it into my top 10 :( However, since then it grew and grew, and it is now a true classic for me :D

Another that sorely needs a mention however is:
Yaponesia, NSC 9
Noriyuki Makihara - Monkey Magic
(I can't find the link)

Now THIS is the ultimate for nostalgia for me, even if the musical quality doesn't quite match Maccha-Brugia's song. This is the song my YouTube account is named after, and i can still recite the lyrics by heart :mrgreen: I just love it, and i will never forget it :D

Last edited:

ixic

Top Bottom