Contact us

4th placed NF songs contest (Semi 1 open - deadline 12/5)

Edward

Due to popular demand let's proceed with electing the best fourth placed song from this year's national selections.

I'll be following the official ESC draws to allocate the songs into 2 semis & the final. Some countries will be missing it, as usual, due to having chosen their song via internal selection method. Other regulars may miss on appearing this time in case I come across some issue related their 4th placed NF song.

As you already know the big 5 automatically advance into the final, just like at ESC (though no, I'm not receiving any money for it in this case xcry1)

You already know how things go. But in case you're a newcomer then know that 5 countries advance to the final from each semi. The final will have 14 acts only this time around (read my last note to find out why). Bonne chance!

Notes:

To make things more interesting I've inverted the running order from the last game so that we get a little bit of more variety.

Finland only had those 3 songs for selection at their national final so obviously they are out this game.

Georgia is back in their place however after the issue I had with their song the last time around for the 3rd placed NF songs contest.

I'm again unaware of a live performance video for Czech Republic (would kindly appreciate if you could maybe help with this one more time [MENTION=9195]tuorem[/MENTION]. And while we're at it, the same goes for Italy once more too) so for the time being the videoclip will be up instead. I'll let you know if and when I'll change the link of course.

One more time I'd like to make Hungary's situation clear by quoting what I wrote on my first post of my first contest of these series - "in Hungary's case, since as far as I am aware a final placements ranking wasn't released, I'm going with the song that got the most jury points when advancing to the ultimate top 4." - or in this case, since it's the last one from the top 4, the one who got the least points actually.

I've already looked ahead into the 2nd semi and the final entries to see whether we have the usual number of songs we've had so far. Regarding Denmark, I can't tell which song from the final would be a suitable 4th placed song since from my source only the top 3 placements are revealed. So if there's no objection I'll just follow the running order then (aka picking song that got to perform 1st). Or perhaps [MENTION=16415]NikolaiMoller[/MENTION] knows better? If so, let me know. Perhaps it would be more fair to put the song with most views on YT as the 4th placed one but I'd have to look into that with more time next week. Let me know if you prefer this method over the one I've suggested in the first place. For now I already have Simone Emilie's song linked up in the draft for the 2nd semi line-up.

The UK is out. As far as I'm aware the 3 songs we already know about were the only ones performed at the televised national final. There was a duels round before the final round but it was just the same 3 songs being performed by another 3 artists (other than the finalists we're already familiar with) who did not make it to the final. So doesn't make much sense or would be fair to have the same songs being performed again and therefore the UK sits out (kind of similar situation to Georgia in last contest).

Now go ahead. Happy listening!

First semi:

1. :ee: Sissi - Strong

2. :is: Hera Björk - Moving on

3. :au: Courtney Act - Fight for love

4. :ge: Giorgi Pruidze - Me mjera

5. :rs: Nataša & Una - Samo bez straha

6. :hu: Bogi Nagy - Holnap

7. :by: Michael Soul - Humanize

8. :cz: Pam Rabbit - Easy to believe

9. :sl: Ula Ložar - Fridays

10. :me: Nina Petković - Uzmi ili ostavi

You can vote until sunday the 12th via PM in ESC style (12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1).

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
Yayy :-D

Kiss like this - Jasmin was also very popular in the danish selection :-)

tuorem

[MENTION=13185]Edward[/MENTION] Yessssss!! You came back! xyaay

I haven't followed the Danish NF, but I guess it'd make more sense to pick the act that got the highest views out of all the remaining participants rather than following the running order. The same could apply to other selections whose full ranking is unclear or undisclosed. Just my two cents but I'll be fine with any decision you make.

Here is the official unplugged live performance of Pam Rabbit :cz:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4cGhIWjnGU

Regarding :it: I only found Loredana Bertè's live performance on the first night of San Remo, not the final one. I hope that i'll do. :)
https://vimeo.com/330833701

Edward

Have received two sets of votes already, keep it up folks :)

Thank you for the feedback regarding the Danish song issue. I might check all of the line-up on YT and see which song has more views next week when posting the 2nd semi around but not making any promise on this since it's still not an accurate method to really determine which song may have ended up in 4th. We'll see.

Thank you very for the links [MENTION=9195]tuorem[/MENTION] :) I've now replaced the Czech one. And already switched the link for Italy on my draft sheet for the final.

And I believe I understand what you meant with a clear favorite in the other thread now. Allez les bleus :p ;)

tuorem

I voted!

ImpassionedColorfulBlackwidowspider-small.gif

Tis' quite an average semi to me. I really want my top 3 to make it, while the rest doesn't particularly light my fire. Still curious to see how this will turn out. xthink

Rumour has it Macedonian superstar Tijana could catch a plane to perform her intergalactic hit "To The Sky" before the qualifiers are announced. xheat So ya'll better vote and be there for the results on Sunday. :cool:

Edward

3 voters so far.

First 4 are separated by a single point for the time being.

Results likely to be presented on monday actually, but not promising anything either :p But count me in for that super exclusive Tijana performance xheat

Edward

Reminders: [MENTION=11002]EscTurkey[/MENTION], [MENTION=13043]EDC0708[/MENTION], [MENTION=16415]NikolaiMoller[/MENTION], [MENTION=16329]njdevils94[/MENTION], [MENTION=16493]HayashiM[/MENTION]

tuorem

[MENTION=11002]EscTurkey[/MENTION] [MENTION=13043]EDC0708[/MENTION] [MENTION=16415]NikolaiMoller[/MENTION] [MENTION=16329]njdevils94[/MENTION] [MENTION=16493]HayashiM[/MENTION]

I hope y'all have cast your votes because the deadline ends tonight, just so you know. :p

I seize this opportunity to introduce the guest you've been waiting for all week. While some outmoded TV shows dare to invite random Z-list singers such as Timberlake and Madonna as interval acts, Edward's game attracts world-class artists with actual artistry and stage presence. She came directly from North Macedonia to take us (including the most hopeless acts of this first semi) on a journey of love and hope. Where do we go now? To the sky, of course! Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the one and only: Tijana Dapčević!
xheat

If this iconic performance doesn't make you want to be more invested in the game, then I don't know what could. xthink

EDC0708

Any updates on this [MENTION=13185]Edward[/MENTION] ? Happy to vote in the second semi if one is organised :)

Edward

Sorry everyone. Eurovision kinda happened inbetween and then as no one said anything I thought I'd better just let it be. I still have the votes somewhere and can eventually continue but not right away, my life is kind of a wreck right now tbh. Whole 2019 has been terrible actually. I'll let you guys know if I decide to continue it, you deserve so at least for being a loyal and friendly bunch.

tuorem

[MENTION=13185]Edward[/MENTION] I'm sending you my positive vibes xkiss I'm not in a good place right now either, so let's stick together. xrunhug If you plan on resuming your game, then you can count on me to participate.

I pray to the Holy Trinity (namely Salvador, Cláudia and Conan) in the hope that 2019 will soon be nicer to us.

Edward

Thank you guys for displaying interest to continue xhug Perhaps I find the motivation to resume the game within this next week.

Merci aussi tuorem :) Maybe we can talk again one of these days when you feel like it. Hope things will start feeling better to you soon at least. Remainder of 2019 and beyond is looking even worse to me to be frank but let's leave it at that.

I thought the holy trinity was composed by Malena, Elina and CEZAR btw IOTAP

Top Bottom