Page 101 of 117 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1166

Thread: FSC Promotions Thread

1. FSC Head Mod
    Norway

FSC#100 June 2017 - Norway

FSC#100 Norway - June 2017 - Ask Embla - Father’s Eyes

Representing Norway in FSC#100 June 2017, and returning to the FSC for Norway, is the talented and popular Norwegian/Icelandic Electro-Pop duo Ask Embla. Here is some more information about them.

The Nordic Electro-Pop duo (music project) Ask Embla [the name ‘Ask Embla’ comes from Old Norse mythology, where Ask and Embla were the first two humans created by the Old Norse Gods] consists of the Norwegian singer and songwriter Ina Wroldsen and the Icelandic songwriter and music producer Arnthor Birgisson. Ask Embla was founded in mid-2011 when Arnthor and Ina came together to realize the vision of an Electro-Pop project with a true Nordic flavour, to mirror their national heritage. They both had long experience from creating music for other artists, but now they wished to try a music project of their own.

Ina Wroldsen (born in Oslo, Norway in 1984) is a Norwegian singer and songwriter who has for many years lived in London, England (with frequent work-visits to Los Angeles, USA). She lived most of her childhood years in the town of Sandefjord south of the capital. Early in her career she got a record contract and released some music on her own, but has for many years focused on writing songs for other international artists. She has written popular and successful songs for famous artists like Britney Spears, One Direction, Shontelle, The Saturdays and The Pussycat Dolls to name a few. In the 2013 Norwegian MGP she also wrote (together with Quiz & Larossi) the song “Bombo“ which was performed by Adelèn and which came 2nd in the final. In mid-2011 she started a collaboration with the Icelandic songwriter and music producer Arnthor Birgisson - and the Ask Embla music project was born.

Arnthor Birgisson (born in Reykjavik, Iceland in 1976) is an Icelandic songwriter and music producer who has lived in Sweden since early childhood. He began his professional songwriting and production career in 1996 working at Cosmos Studio stogether with Kent (Gillström) Isaacs and Bloodshy. Arnthor's breakthrough came in 1998 with the song "Because of You" written for 98 Degrees. In the following years he wrote successful songs for famous artists like Janet Jackson, Ronan Keating, Jennifer Lopez and Celine Dion among others. Arnthor has also worked with Sony BMG Music Entertainment, Universal Music, EMI Group and Warner Music Group. In 2008 Arnthor co-founded the Swedish-based record and production company, Aristotracks. Since then he has written and produced songs for artists such as Britney Spears, Leona Lewis, The Saturdays and Shontelle (some of this in collaboration with Ina Wroldsen). In mid-2011 he then started the Ask Embla Electro-Pop project with Ina Wroldsen.

Their first written song for Ask Embla was “Father’s Eyes“ which was uploaded to their Soundcloud-webpage on the Internet in 2012. The song was re-released as a digital single in 2013, but already from those early days this was the song which gave them faith in their vision.

“Father’s Eyes” is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC#100 June 2017. It is a song we wanted to enter in the FSC back in the day, but we dicovered it, sadly, too late and it was thereby too old for the FSC. We are glad to be able to enter it for Norway now in this celebratory edition in June 2017.

Ask Embla’s songs on Soundcloud brought them many fans who rejoiced when the Ask Embla CD-album “Northern Light“ was finally released in May 2013. Singles from the album were: “Father’s Eyes“ ( a popular national chart-hit), “Cry Baby“ and “I Fell In Love“. Other popular songs on the album were “Einn“ and “Northern Light (Ida’s dans)“. The album received mixed reviews in the national press, but gained popularity and acclaim on several international music websites and among their growing fanbase in Norway and abroad.

Ask Embla: Albums

Northern Light (2013)

Ask Embla: Singles

Father’s Eyes (2012 / re-released 2013)
    Cry Baby (2012)
    I Fell In Love (2013)
    Legion (2014)
    Lay It On Me (2014)

In late 2013 they started work on a 2nd Ask Embla album, untitled, which was expected to be released in late 2014. The album was, unfortunately, delayed indefinetly (due to solo-projects). However, a 1st single from the planned album, an Electro-Pop song with their typical Nordic flavour called “Legion”, was digitally released on 29th January 2014. “Legion“ was subsequently chosen as the Norwegian entry in FSC August 2014.

A 2nd single from the same planned album was released digitally on 1st December 2014. This was a melodious Electro-Pop Ballad called “Lay It On Me“, and it was the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry in FSC March 2015.

Ina Wroldsen countiued her solo-career in the next few years, releasing several singles including a new version of “Lay It On Me”. She has also had other projects which have taken up her time. There is little info of what Arnthor Birgisson has been doing since the Ask Embla project was effectively put on ice, but he is probably active with other projects as well.

Should Ask Embla not be resurrected, they can at least know that they have made their mark in Nordic Pop history with their popular songs and many fans in the Nordics and abroad.

The Norwegian entry for FSC#100 June 2017, “Father’s Eyes”, is melodic Nordic Pop-song with Electro/Synth vibes, in Ask Embla’s typical style, beautifully sung by Ina Wroldsen. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Ask Embla again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the English lyrics for the song. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for June!

Ask Embla - Father’s Eyes

I could paint a picture of my heart, hang it on a wall
    And watch the colours fade away
    Tell the world that we have been a lie
    All this time we've spent

I could tell myself that I have done, all that I could do
    If that would take the pain away
    Tell the world we lost it, Baby I,
    I'm not done here yet

I know that people think our love is like a fantasy
    I know that no one seems to understand what I see
    But I, I see with my father’s eyes
    I see with my father’s eyes

You were like a fire and I've tried, risking all I am
    To let you go and kill the flames
    Oh, a heart can burn so many times
    I am proof of that

And I could paint a picture of your heart, hang it on a wall
    And I would never walk away
    I would stand there asking myself
    Why I'm not broken yet

When I, I see with my father’s eyes

I know that everybody says you've not been good to me
    They just don't realize I'm nothing if I set you free
    I, I see with my father's eyes

Oh, I have my humanity, and I know why
    Lost in my sanity cause I, think that I could learn to fly
    I see it in my father’s eyes

Oh I have my humanity and I know why
    Lost in my sanity cause I, think that I could learn to fly
    I see it in my father’s eyes

But I, I see with my father’s eyes

I know that everybody says you've not been good to me
    They just don't realize I'm nothing if I set you free
    I see with my father's eyes

Oh why, see with my father’s eyes
    Oh why, losing my sanity cause I
    See with my father’s eyes
    I see with my fathers’ eyes

-M
    Likes  JSSArcos, honzak11 liked this post

<< Join the Fun at the Forum Song Contest (FSC)! >>

2. Wizard
    Philippines

Re: FSC Promotions Thread

FSC # 100 PHILIPPINES presents

Aicelle Santos - "Liwanag"

About the Artist

Aicelle Anne Santos (born February 24, 1985) is a Filipino soul, R&B, pop, and jazz singer-songwriter, pianist, and actress who first emerged in the Philippine music scene as a contestant in a nationwide search for the next best singer during the first season of ABS-CBN's Star In A Million. She has been known as the "First Undefeated Pinoy Pop Superstar", when she achieved eight straight wins in GMA Network's Pinoy Pop Superstar, "Rock and Soul Diva", "Traffic Diva", and "Soul Flair Songstress".

Aicelle proved her vocal competence when she won "Best Performance of Own Country Song" representing the Philippines in Astana Music Festival in Kazakhstan. Aicelle bested delegates from 13 countries around the world, including Mexico, Peru, Finland, Romania, Latvia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Tajikistan, Lithuania, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Malta, and China. Her winning piece was entitled "Bakit Di Subukan", a Vehnee Saturno composition which is a Tagalog-English song ("If We Just Hold On" in English). Following this triumph was Aicelle’s recognition for "People’s Choice Best New Female Artist" in the 2007 Awit Awards.

In 2007, Aicelle is visible in the Philippines recording scene with her debut album Make Me Believe, a 14-cut album under GMA Records. Ikaw Pa Rin is her hit single in the charts.

In 2008, she joined fellow Pinoy Pop Superstar contestants Jona and Maricris Garcia to form the musical group La Diva.

On February 25, 2015, Aicelle held her first solo concert, Class A, at the PETA Theatre. On the same year, she released the music video of her latest single Kapangyarihan ng Pag-ibig.

Discography

Studio albums
    Make Me Believe (2007)
    Liwanag (2015)

Singles
    "Ikaw Pa Rin" (2007)
    "Make Me Believe" (2007)
    "Kapangyarihan Ng Pag-Ibig" (2015)
    "Liwanag" (2016)
    "Palaging Ikaw" (2017)

About the Song

Liwanag is a one-of-a-kind ballad with a life-changing purpose. Its message is to find light in the knowledge of rightful truth, especially to deliquents everywhere.

In it, Aicelle refuses to get stuck in self-pity and "emotional muckraking" as she rallies the luckless and downtrodden to emerge from the darkness.
    The song benefits as much from its tale of triumph over hardship as it does from Aicelle’s recently honed "theatrical" perspective—she manages to tell a story even in her wordless but urgently rendered improvisational runs!

Translated lyrics

In growing darkness, you're sunk with mud
    You don't know why it's like this
    "Is it as if the world has punished me?"
    Wherever you go, it will reach your end

Cling to what is right,
    And awaken yourself with truth
    There is only one life
    So use it wisely
    Don't wallow yourself in darkness,
    Strive to seek again the light

You have an endless weight of debts unpaid
    Cigarette stubs are your body
    They may lead to broken shelters
    Fix yourself (referring to way of life)

Cling to what is right,
    There is only one life
    So use it wisely

There will be no more tears
    Believe in His (God's) promise

Go back
    There is only one life
    So use it wisely

Likes  honzak11, JSSArcos liked this post

♦ "Liebe ist für alle da" - Leonora, DK 2019 ♦

3. Addict
    Czech Republic

FSC #100: Pame Faul - Miracles

INTERESTING FACT: The song Miracles was written in 12 minutes. The videoclip is highly symbolical. The individual features in the music, the colour in the videoclip and the static of the shots – all has a deeper meaning. The aim was to create a minimalist, visual story. It captures 1 year of Pame Faul’s life that brought him a significant life progress. The story should be the opposite of “tabula rasa”, i.e. blank slate. A human is born as a “blank slate” - having no innate ideas and perceptions – and gradually gains experience and the slate becomes full. Pame Faul is at the beginning of the clip completely black – which refers to darkness and sadness in his life. Later, the colour turns into silver and eventually becomes sparkling white that symbolises a new beginning – a beginning of life. Yet, there are still blurred words in black on his chest that stay there forever. “There’s so much pain, so many tears behind the song ” – Pame Faul.

Pame Faul is a new rising star in the Czech pop music scene. “Miracles” is his debut song that was released in April 2016, and, according to his words, marks the beginning of his music career. The song offers a unique mixture of dream-pop and electro-pop, which together create an atmospheric subgenre of alternative rock. The videoclip that complements this song contains some artistic features and it fills the gap in the Czech pop scene.

Pame Faul is the author of the lyrics as well as the composer of Miracle. The main motto of the song is "I AM MIRACLE, YOU ARE MIRACLE, WE ARE MIRACLES" and the singer encourages the listeners to believe in miracles. Pame Faul wants to change the society through his music and even though this might seem like a bold statement, Pame thinks that the reach of the music industry, in general, is large enough to make this happen. Through his song, he wants to convey a simple message – if you want to achieve something in your life, then the first person who must believe in you is yourself.

Pame Faul: “I’m writing most of my songs on my bed and the day when Miracles was written was no different. There was a sunlight shining through a roof window and the entire song was finished in 12 minutes. I had a feeling that it was not even myself – so I feel during most of my song writings. If I don’t finish the song within few minutes, I have a feeling that it has not undergone a natural process. I want songs to be genuine and not created with whatever intention.

Growing up, Pame Faul didn’t understand the people around him and his friends. As he says, he didn’t have many of them. “They were behaving in a strange way, they were interested in things that I wasn’t interested at all. I didn’t want to talk with them just from necessity. Pame Faul started with music at 14 at home and started with singing lessons that he didn’t tell anybody about for 1.5 years. At university, he met many new friends whom he had more in common. “The feeling that I had during the first listening to the final version of my song is something that I want to feel until the end of my life".

The song was first composed on the Christmas Eve 2012 and since then the song was being tweaked until the official release of the final version. The song was produced by David Butler (MISSIO). The videoclip was directed by a photographer Martin Faltejsek, and Monika Krobova was responsible for the styling.

Currently, the artist is working with a foreign producer towards EP release.

4. Guru
    Greece

GREECE
    FSC 100 PLAYMEN ft. Helena Paparizou , Courtney & Riskykidd- All The Time

-------PLAYMEN----------HELENA PAPARIZOU-----------COURTNEY----------RISKYKIDD----------------

PLAYMEN

PLAYMEN is the result and combination of two exceptional and talented youthful producers going by the names of Pavlos Manolis and Lefteris Xenakis. At the young age of 19 they found out that they both shared a great passion for electronic music. Their first breakthrough was in 2009 when “Together Forever” was released through Universal. For the last five years they have managed to achieve mainstream success in multiple countries including Cyprus and Russia, with the latest seeing them hit #1 Airplay position for several weeks with their single “Fallin” accompanied by the staggering number of 9.000.000 YouTube plays.
    Other SIngles:
    2009: Together forever - Playmen ft. Reckless
    2010: Love Song - Playmen & Alceen ft. Mia
    2010: Feel Your Love - Playmen ft. The Fade & MIA
    2011: Tonight - Playmen & Claydee ft. Tamta
    2011: Fallin - Playmen ft. Demy
    2012: Τα λόγια κομμάτια - Playmen ft. Stan
    2013: Breakin' Me Up - Playmen ft. Courtney
    2013: Balloons - Playmen
    2013: Gypsy Heart - Playmen & Hadley

HELENA PAPARIZOU

Helena Paparizou, is a Greek-Swedish singer, songwriter and television personality. Born in Sweden with Greek parents, she launched a career in Sweden in 1999 as a member of the laïko (Greek folk music) and Eurodance duo Antique, who participated in the Eurovision Song Contest 2001 and afterwards became popular in Greece.
    On 21 May 2005, Paparizou won the Eurovision Song Contest with the song "My number one" the first Greek win in its history. Her performance scored 230 points and the maximum 12 points from ten nations. Her performance was also responsible for the highest viewing ratings in Greek television history.Her win provoked mass celebrations on the streets of Athens. Paparizou briefly attempted a career beyond Greece with English-language material, charting in a few countries abroad.
    In 2010, Forbes listed Paparizou as the 21st most powerful and influential celebrity in Greece. She has more than 144 million views on YouTube—more than any other artist in the Greek music industry. She is the first female artist to reach 600.000 likes at Facebook in Greece.
    On May 1st a new song from her upcoming album titled "Haide" released in 3 versions. In Greek in English and in a Summer Breeze Mix. It is a dance pop song written by Phoebus. In the summer 2017 Helena will be touring Greece and abroad along Despina Vandi.
    COURTNEY

Courtney Parker usually referred to mononymously as Courtney is an American singer and dancer that currently lives and works in Glyfada, Greece. She is currently signed to the Panik Records. Courtney is known for her collaborations with Elena Paparizou, Playmen and HouseTwins on the songs "All the Time", "Breakin' Me Up" and "Rhythm Is A Dancer", respectively.
    Courtney's first appearance at the music industry was in 2010 with her appearance at Thalassa in Greece. After she was done with her appearances at Thalassa she went back to the United States but returned again in September for her collaboration with Elena
    Paparizou and Antonis Remos in Diogenis Studio.
    Two years later, in 2012, she collaborated once again with Elena Paparizou at the song "All the Time" with Playmen and RiskyKidd.After the success of the song, Courtney collaborated once again with Playmen, in 2013, at the song "Breakin' Me Up" which was the music theme of the MadWalk 2013.
    Singles:
    2012: "All the Time" (with Playmen, Elena Paparizou and RiskyKidd)
    2013: "Breakin' Me Up" (with Playmen)
    2013: "Rhythm Is A Dancer" (with HouseTwins and RiskyKidd)
    2014: "Agapise Me" (Love Me)
    RISKYKIDD

Shane Schuller known by the stage name RiskyKidd, is a British-born Greek rapper. He was born in London to a German father and Jamaican mother and he moved with his family to Greece. In 2014 he was chosen to represent Greece in the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 along with Freaky Fortune with the song "Rise Up".
    SIngles:
    2012: "All the Time" (with Playmen, Elena Paparizou and Courtney)
    2013: "Rhythm Is a Dancer" (with HouseTwins and Courtney)
    2013: "Angel" Alex Leon feat Giorgina (euro song contest 2013 )
    2013: "The Sun" Demy feat epsilon and Alex Leon
    2013: "I can't breathe" Κώστας Μαρτάκης feat Χριστίνα Σάλτη
    2013: "Radio" Lunatic Feat. RiskyKidd & Josephine
    2014: "Rise Up" (with Freaky Fortune)
    2015: ″Lonely″ featuring Drew
    2015: "I want to live"
    2016: "Bang"
    2016: "Fire to the night

ALL THE TIME - LYRICS
    Boom, I'm popping bottles, oho
    I'm fucking models, oho
    Dance till the morning
    I don't want to go home
    I'm popping bottles, oho
    I'm fucking models, oho
    Dance till the morning
    I don't want to go home

Let's get this party started
    Let's go do something naughty
    Let's get on we rocking till the break of dawn
    show, after night
    We gonna hit the town,
    make it off right
    Just let yourself off, tonight is you night
    Rise up to the sky
    We gotta let the music play
    Don't care of what the people say
    Gotta live your life,
    party all time
    Party all the time
    And I just want to
    Party all the time,
    party all the time, party all the time

And I just want to
    Party all the time, party all the time,
    party all the time
    And I just want to
    Party all the time, party all the time,
    party all the time
    And I just want to
    Party all the time,
    And I just want to
    Party all the time,
    party all the time

I see you moving, when you do it...
    Just loose it...
    me and you go
    You know we celebrating,
    We making love not hating
    We play hard, go hard,
    plus we never fake it

Whoa, whoa, make it, all the time
    And I just want to.Party all the time,
    And I just want to,Party all the time,
    party all the time,party all the time
    And I just want to,
    Party all the time,
    party all the time
    Likes  honzak11 liked this post

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - Way to love - Who you love -

5. Expert
    Malaysia

FSC #100

M A L A Y S I A

Artist: Stacy feat Altimet
    Song: "Not For Sale"

Lyrics (English):

(Stacy)
    The bell rings
    Got excited so I run to the door
    So disappointed when I found
    Another letter and a gold necklace from you

Prada Gucci
    In front of me but I am not bothered
    With whatever you gave me, every day
    I am not the girl that you can buy

Chorus:

Oh I (don't want, I don't want)
    Gold and diamond (don't want, I don't want)
    Anything from you, my love doesn't need
    To be traded with your money

But (I want, I want)
    You by my side (I want, I want)
    You take care of me all the time
    Listen to me with an open heart, because
    I am not for sale!

This house
    Is only filled with sound of echoes
    Of those Jimmy Choo shoes you bought me
    On my birthday
    And you don't even send them yourself

You always
    Ask me to drive your Maseratti
    And go shopping with your Mastercard
    Do you know?
    I am not the girl you can buy..

(repeat chorus)

(Altimet)
    If I'm broke
    You'll only look at me with one eye,
    If I don't have a car,
    You will not waste your time with me,
    So, I give you everything
    If it's lost tomorrow, we'll buy it again
    She's curvy I let her have her way
    Hermes like everyday’s your birthday

Margiela for mi Bella
    Let me pay for her Isabelle Marant
    Bon for me, Given for me
    Muller, Skydweller all in one
    GT or QP Maseratti
    Cover your head with a Cavalli scarf
    Givenchy, Tisci just for my wife
    If you're not for sale, why are you still here?

(repeat chorus)

(Altimet)
    Are you sure you don't want all of this?
    If not return to me, we'll get a refund
    But then return everything, don't keep anything

(Stacy)
    I am not for sale!

(Altimet)
    Let's go shopping!

"Music is the wind that blows when the air feels dry, it is the wings if humans can fly."

6. Junkie
    Portugal

FSC#100: Amor Electro/Mar Salgado

Amor Electro is a Portuguese pop band formed in Lisboa in 2010. The group consists of Marisa Liz (vocalist), Tiago Pais Dias (guitar and multi-instrumentalist), Ricardo Vasconcelos (keyboards) and Rui Rechena (bass). (On live concerts they have Lito Pedreira as drums player.)They blend pop music (with some electronic elements) with Portuguese traditional music, using some typical instruments like the accordion and Portuguese guitar

Lyrics (English):

Almost close
    Almost even love
    Almost certain
    I already feel the taste
    I no longer sleep
    I don't even speak of pain
    I awake
    I already see the heat

I know by heart the pleasure of coming back
    It's with you after all
    I will loose myself for once shamelessly
    I already see love

Chorus
    Fall into this hug that is only yours
    It's so strong my desire
    Salty sea in my kiss
    Come, pretend you're only mine
    From a goodbye which isn't found
    Salty sea of revolt

Almost close
    Almost traveling
    Uncertain diving
    Ready to breathe

I know by heart the pleasure of coming back
    It's with you after all
    I will loose myself for once shamelessly
    I already see love

Chorus
    Fall into this hug that is only yours
    It's so strong my desire
    Salty sea in my kiss
    Come, pretend you're only mine
    From a goodbye which isn't found
    Salty sea of revolt

I hope you like it

Good Luck
    Likes  Eulaliya liked this post

7. Guru
    Greece

GREECE
    FSC 100 Christos Holidis - S' Agapo

ΑΒOUT CHRISTOS
    Christos is a Greek singer a former Basketball player.He is 37 years old. In 2003 he began to work as a model, as a presenter and then as a singer.
    Singles
    2007 Ki as min eho pou na pao
    2010 Νai Nai Nai
    2011 Κakomathimeno
    2013 Μatia mou ateliota
    2013 Έpatha ki ematha
    2014 S'agapo
    2014 File min rotas - Duet with Stamatis Gonidis
    2015 Esi me simplironis
    2015 Elega
    2016 Logariasmos
    2016 Μi mou zitas
    ABOUT THE SONG
    S'agapo(Eng.translation : I Love you) is a greek summer hit which was one of the most listened songs in Greece hte summer of 2014.
    The video clip is filmed in Santorini the most famous and beautiful greek island.Also the famous model Samantha Morrison starred on the clip.

LYRICS

8. Guru
    Greece

So after the DQ of Greek entry the promotion post with the new greek song posted !!!

9. Veteran
    Sweden

FSC#100 - June 2017

SWEDEN

Alina Devecerski
    Flytta på dej!

So to celebrate the 100th anniversary of FSC, songs that were released during the FSC era (starting from March 2009), but wouldn't be eligible for this edition under normal circumstances, got a second chance at being chosen for FSC (temporarily excluding the eligible ones for this edition only). Now, initially the task felt a bit overwhelming... I mean what to choose when you have nearly a decade of music to choose from? After initially withdrawing due to lack of time, I changed my mind when I suddenly realized what Swedish song I still go back to every now and then, and it became clear to me...!

So, my pick for this special occasion is the catchy, quirky and still freshly sounding Swedish-language Electro-Pop party banger Flytta på dej! (Move!/Get Out of the Way!), performed by singer-songwriter Alina Devecerski. The single, which was officially released as a double release together with the track Jag svär (I Swear) back in April 2012, later became one of the biggest hits of the summer 2012 in Sweden, aswell as one of the biggest Swedish-language hits period (of the past decade atleast), topping the official single charts both in Norway and in Denmark. Taken from Devecerski's debut album; Maraton (Marathon), it's her only hit to date making it something of a "One Hit Wonder". Alina has yet to release something new following her 2014 second album release Gnista + Gas (Spark + Gas).

This is the second try for Devecerski in FSC, following the entry Armé (Army), which ended up at #20 in the 69th edition of FSC back in November 2014 (read more here). Question is, will Alina follow in Miss Li's footsteps and become more successful on her second try? You decide!

LYRICS:

LYRICS [ENGLISH TRANSLATION]:
    Likes  JSSArcos, honzak11 liked this post

10. FSC Head Mod
    Norway

FSC#101 July 2017 - Norway

FSC#101 Norway - July 2017 - Martine Kraft - Når Dagen Hviler

Representing Norway in FSC#101 July 2017 is the multi-talented Norwegian Hardanger-fiddle player, singer and songwriter Martine Kraft. Here is some more information about her.

Martine Kraft (formerly known as Martine Lund Hoel, born in 1982), is an acclaimed Norwegian Folk-pop artist, musician, Hardangerfiddle (Norwegian ‘Hardingfele’) player and composer who has been on musical stages around the world with her own material for over a decade. She also delivers compositions to a huge number of ceremonial occasions.

Martine has been known to compose what many call ‘Folk-pop with world-music references’. There have often been hints and pieces from several cultures and traditions in her musical expression. In her stage appearances, with her heritage close to her heart, beside her Folk-pop inspired tunes she also has travelled through a multi-genre landscape of progressiv rock, intense Balkan rhythms, dusty American bluegrass and lyrical violin pieces.

Her concerts have often been performed together with her faithful guitarist and pianist Nils Jørgen Nygaard, in a duo, but when the occasion allows it, she has appeared with her entire band.

Martine Kraft: Discography

Hidden Shore (2008)
    Distant Call ([with Nils Jørgen Nygaard] 2009)
    Spirits from Norway (2011)
    Crystals Are Falling (Digital Single 2011)
    Fragile Mind (2013)
    Huldreblod (May 2017)

She released her 1st album in 2008 under the name Martine Lund Hoel. It was called “Hidden Shore”. In 2009 she released an album together with Nils Jørgen Nygaard called “Distant Call”. Her next solo-album, “Spirits from Norway”, came in 2011. The album included the song “Mighty Moon”, released as a digital single in April 2011, where she sang a duet with the Norwegian artist Knut Anders Sørum. In October 2011 she released another digital single called “Crystals Are Falling”. This was a separate recording, a song and single which was not found on her album. “Crystals Are Falling” was subsequently the Norwegian entry in FSC April 2012.

In late 2013 she released her 3rd solo-album called “Fragile Mind”. The album was well received by the press and among her many fans in Norway and abroad. She focused on concerts and similar artistic work in the next few years, before a new single called “Solefall” was release in March 2016. An energetic uptempo-number, it showcased her great skill with the Hardanger-fiddle (or Hardingfele as it is called in Norwegian, the national instrument of Norway). Several further single-releases followed in 2016: “Himmelfot”, “Mørketid” and “Ravn”, all taken from what was to be a new 2017-album.

Her new popular and critically acclaimed album “Huldreblod”, with songs only in Norwegian, was finally released in May 2017 and besides the released singles it included 7 other Folk-music melodies in her distinct musical style. One of these, a new beautiful Folk-melody called “Når Dagen Hviler”, is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC July 2017.

Martine Kraft is one of Norway’s most respected and talented Folk(pop) musicians. She is often hired to play her Hardanger-fiddle together with other Norwegian artists, and is not afraid to experiment with her music. She sings as well on some of her songs and enjoys fully the music she creates. We will without doubt hear more from this talented Norwegian Folk(pop) artist and musician in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC#101 July 2017, “Når Dagen Hviler” (“When The Day Rests”) is a special, ‘magical’ piece of Norwegian Folk-music, a kind of ‘Folk-inspired lullaby’, written and performed (Hardanger-fiddle and vocals) by Martine Kraft. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Martine Kraft again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the Norwegian lyrics for the song and a translation into English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for July!

Martine Kraft - Når Dagen Hviler

Sol går ned / The sun sets
    Bak mørke fjell / Behind dark mountains
    Sov, mitt barn / Sleep, my child
    I stille stunder / In peace and quiet

Sol går ned / The sun sets
    På farget grunn / Against a colurful background
    Sov, mitt barn / Sleep, my child
    Mens dagen blunder / While the day rests

Ooooh Ohooo
    Ooooh Ohooo
    Ooooh Ohooo