Contact us

2021 vs 2020: Better, Equal, or Worse?

Comparing 2021 to 2020, the entries are...

• Way Better (>5)

10 19.2%
  • Better (2 to 5)

14 26.9%
  • Equal (-1 to 1)

10 19.2%
  • Worse (-5 to -2)

13 25.0%
  • Way Worse (<-5)

5 9.6%

• Total voters

Loindici

Veteran
Since we're near the start of getting them new songs, let's prepare to make a list.

Which 2021 songs are better, equal, or worse than 2020 in your opinion?

To make it easier, this is an example of it.

Better:

Equal:
:al:

Worse:

------------------

Then, to sum it up and open discussion.

Better songs get 1 point.
Equal songs get 0 point.
Worse songs get -1 point.
Total them up, and that's your final point.

Vote in the poll whether Eurovision 2021 is better than 2020 according to your score.
- Way Better (>5)
- Better (2 to 5)
- The same (-1 to 1)
- Worse (-5 to -2)
- Way Worse (<-5)

Last edited:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Just in a different league from last year: :cz: :fr:
Modest improvements: :lt: :ua: :hr: :fi: :cy:
Basically the same: :es:
A modest drop: :al: :no: :de:
A big drop: :il:

BETTER:

:fr: France, after years of anonymity and the disastrous Leeb's "The Best in Me", has brought its musical tradition to the fore and has chosen to sing in its language. Great choices that could guarantee France the "Top 10".

:fi: Finland with "Dark Side" made a winning choice. The song, if we want to approach it to some "ESC parameters", seems a perfect fusion between the madness of the Icelandic group Hatari and the hard rock of the Hungarian AWS.

:cz: there is not much to say about the Czech Republic. "Omaga" is better than "Kemama". However, since I always like to argue, this year I have admired a kind of growth in Benny Cristo. Last year he was more of a rebellious boy, this year he is more mature and consequently his music has also changed for the better (like a good wine).

:cy: the last year song "Running" by Sandro Nicolas was a strange song ... at a certain point, it seemed to me that it changed into "Chariots Of Fire" by Vangelis ... and the desire to run away grew in me. However, running we arrived from "El Diablo" by Elena Tsagkrinou and the atmosphere became hotter. Now Cyprus has a song to compete with seriously.

:no: I apologize for what I'm about to say but ... I didn't like Ulrikke ... many eurofans shouted "Masterpiece!" and I don't understand why... I wish I could have borrowed their ears for a moment to see if it's my problem. "Attention" is not a bad song but a simple acceptable mid-chart song. I didn't feel anything poignant or engaging. Maybe it's my fault that I'm very demanding. This year, TIX has brought a better song. Of course we don't have to compare TIX with KEiiNO; in that case, "Fallen Angel" is weaker than "Spirit in the Sky".

:hr: there is little to say about Croatia. Compared to last year, the entry is stronger. A more overwhelming and danceable Pop. Now I exaggerate with the comparison but I can say on the same level as Manoukian's "Chains on you".

:ie: "Maps", compared to "Story of My Life", is a nice improvement. Last year the song wasn't bad but, in my opinion, I found it intangible. This year, on the other hand, I really feel the feelings, they are solid and touch the heart. He could get through the semifinals but not get into the "Top 10" (I speak thinking about the tastes of the Eurofans). In my personal ranking, at the moment, it is fourth with 7 points.

EQUAL:

:ua: & :lt: "The Roop" and "Go_A" remain on the same level as last year. After all, it's a good level if you accept that their ranking can swing from an extraordinary fourth place to an honorable twelfth place. Whoever says he will win or give 12 points with his eyes closed is overestimating them for me or using them to steal points from other uncomfortable opponents.

:al: Albania, after my myth Eugent Bushpepa, has worsened a little but continues in the same vein as last year. I don't see that many differences between "Shaj" and "Karma". I don't understand where many of you see improvement or deterioration in "Karma".

:es: Spain continues along the same path as last year. There was an improvement but not so great that I put "Voy a quedarme" in "Good position".

:de: I really like Jendrik's song but I don't feel like saying it's better than Ben Dolic's "Violent Thing". Germany continues on the good path of good rhythm and cheerfulness.

WORSE:

:il: I'm sorry but Eden Adele is the only artist who has made her entry worse. I didn't like "Feker Libi" last year but I recognize that it had considerably more musical power than "Set Me Free".

Last edited:

Looren

Veteran
Better :
:hr: "Divlji Vjetre" was in my top 10 but for me Albina is much better
:ua: I disliked Solovey but Shum is good imo
:no: I loved "Attention" but "Fallen Angel" is really touching
:es: "Universo" was good but "Voy A Quedarme" is a masterpiece
:de: well Germany was last in my ranking last year and I love their song this year

:lt: "On Fire" was okay and "Discoteque" is good imo
:cz: Both are bad for me

Equal :

Worse :

:al: Well it's impossible to do better that "Fall From The Sky"
:fr: I love "Voilà" but "Mon Alliée" was an underrated masterpiece and in my top 3 last year
:il: Both are just okay but I prefer the African vibes in "Feker Lebi"
:cy: I loved Sandro's song, this one is not even close
:fi: I have nothing against Blind Channel but for me Aksel's song was much better

Looren

Veteran
:no: I apologize for what I am about to say but ... I disliked Ben & Tan ... I was not convinced at all by this duet and I was not convinced at all "Yes" (even if many, in the grip of ecstasy, tore their hair thinking about be in front of the new Sonny and Cher). This year, TIX brought a better entry. Obviously you shouldn't compare TIX to KEiiNO; in that case, "Fallen Angel" is weaker than "Spirit in the Sky".

Ben & Tan were the Danish representants, Ulrikke was the Norwegian one ;)

Brandt

Better:
:fr::ie:

Equal:
:hr: :no: :ua: :al: :fi: :es: (dislike either)
:cy: (enjoy either)

Worse:
:lt: :il: :cz: :de:

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
Better:
:fr: :lt: :hr: :fi: :cy: :ie:

Equal:
:il: :ua: :es: :cz: :no: :de:

Worse:
:al:

🇦🇱 I changed my mind a bit after more songs were revealed. The current version of 'Karma' had left my mind as of now.
🇨🇾 Compared to Sandro, Elena is way more successful for me.
🇩🇪 I've thought about it and Jendrik's entry is something I warmly like, but I don't like 'Violent Thing' as much either. Currently gonna put it in the equal bar.
🇮🇪 The song made me twerk.

Last edited:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Significantly Better: :fr:, :hr:, :fi:, :ie:

Somewhat Better: :al:, :es:, :cy:

About Equal: :cz:

Somewhat Worse: :il:, :lt:, :ua:

Significantly Worse: :no:, :de:

Ezio

Veteran
Better: :fi: :hr: :ie: :cz: :lt: :ua: :no: :de: