Contact us

2021 Bold Predictions

Gitte

It desperately needs something to draw the listener into it visually. If the staging is something lame & basic a la woman standing by the piano or Geike walking forwards and backwards this will NQ. Also it will greatly benefit from being appreciated by the juries as it's not a thing that I can see casual viewers voting for en masse and those who adore such music are probably very level-headed and not among the crazy 'slayqueen' people or kids which would singularly send 20 votes for their 'queen', lol.
before I became active on this forum I didn't even know people did that, voting 20 times for one act. Seems a tad excessive.

Iker

Veteran
before I became active on this forum I didn't even know people did that, voting 20 times for one act. Seems a tad excessive.
I know there are such people and I think there are many teens who would be willing to do so as they don't have to pay for those votes out of their own wallet usually. And add to that ... that certain fanzones can be full of pretty obsessive fans. Btw. I usually send max 5 votes / calls if I vote.

Hooverphonic are arguably the biggest name this year at the Eurovision, but not exactly mainstream act like Mans or even Cascada were in their times.

heke1988

:by: is trying over and over again to submit political song to ESC 2021. Finally EBU will get enough and will ban :by: for a long time to participate in ESC.

burrito

:gr: and :bg: stay in sf2
:au:, :il: and :lt: stay in sf1
:fr: will be the lowest placed entry of Big 5
:ee: will be top 5 in the final
:nl: will do much better than everybody thinks, possible top 10
:it: comes second again (not really bold) and is the only Big 5 song to enter top 15
:sm: advances to the final, but comes 19th or lower
:cz: wins

Iker

Veteran
Not really bold, but predicting :uk: another last place, despite recent "efforts".
I think you won't finish last, for me most likely is 17th to 22th place or sth. It is a much better entry than those of yours who finished dead last or close to it.

burrito

This one in particular is very bold.

i know right :cool:

:fr: is a bit a hit or miss, it can end up either very high or shockingly low and neither would suprise me.

I'll add some more

:no: will have an epic staging and will end up on the left side of the scoreboard thanks to that (I san actually see it happening)
:pl: will have a crazy, memorable staging and qualify
:ua: and :md: qualify from their respective semis ranked 10th or narrowly miss it on 11th
:pt: qualifies
:se: will be more popular with televote than with judges
:it: will do something controversial on scene just because

mauve

Veteran
:de: winning the televotes. xqueenbitch

Fluke

Switzerland will win. Don't really see any strong contenders right now, so no idea what the top 3 will be.

The left side will be mostly ballads, unexpected non-hyped up mid-tempo and non-English entries. Most of the YASS QUEEEEN entries will end up on the right side, or not even make the final. Malta, Moldova and/or San Marino could make top 10.

Finland will make top 5. Italy somewhere in the middle, along with France. Russia will make top 10 for sure.

Iceland, Lithuania, Azerbaijan and Ukraine will not make top 10, or just barely so. Poland could make a shock left side. Australia will be in the middle along with them.

Netherlands will at least make top 15. Spain and Germany might make top 20. UK may very well be last again.

Denmark will qualify,
possibly even make top 15. Norway will probably not qualify, and Sweden will get its worst result since 2010.

At least one really boring entry most seem to hate (Estonia, Austria etc.) will qualify, and several Eurofan favorites won't. Portugal will qualify but not much more. Ireland will not qualify, Macedonia might.

There will be some kind of tribute to, or pre-recorded appearance by the non-returning 2020 artists.

The stage will either be dark and empty (like 2018) or overloaded with video and light effects, making the overall impression cold and artificial. It will benefit intimate simple performances like Switzerland and Portugal, and really high-energy shows like Russia and Finland, but entries that need a warm atmosphere won't work well.

There hopefully won't be any serious technical problems like in 2018, but the performers will be a bit lost and confused since there is no audience. This will benefit those with a carefully planned staging, but those with a "straight up", more spontaneous performance will seem unengaged and fail to connect with viewers.

Pre-recorded vocals will be overused, leading to a backlash, both long term and directly against those entries that use it too much. At least two well-liked songs will get low jury points because of obvious non-live vocals.

The hosting will be pretty solid but boring, no language fumbles or Denmark-style awkwardness. The interval acts will be mostly pre-recorded, most not even on the same stage, and some kind of documentary clips may be shown in place of the later interval acts.

Iker

Veteran
Switzerland will win. Don't really see any strong contenders right now, so no idea what the top 3 will be.

The left side will be mostly ballads, unexpected non-hyped up mid-tempo and non-English entries. Most of the YASS QUEEEEN entries will end up on the right side, or not even make the final. Malta, Moldova and/or San Marino could make top 10.

Finland will make top 5. Italy somewhere in the middle, along with France. Russia will make top 10 for sure.

Iceland, Lithuania, Azerbaijan and Ukraine will not make top 10, or just barely so. Poland could make a shock left side. Australia will be in the middle along with them.

Netherlands will at least make top 15. Spain and Germany might make top 20. UK may very well be last again.

Denmark will qualify,
possibly even make top 15. Norway will probably not qualify, and Sweden will get its worst result since 2010.

At least one really boring entry most seem to hate (Estonia, Austria etc.) will qualify, and several Eurofan favorites won't. Portugal will qualify but not much more. Ireland will not qualify, Macedonia might.

There will be some kind of tribute to, or pre-recorded appearance by the non-returning 2020 artists.

The stage will either be dark and empty (like 2018) or overloaded with video and light effects, making the overall impression cold and artificial. It will benefit intimate simple performances like Switzerland and Portugal, and really high-energy shows like Russia and Finland, but entries that need a warm atmosphere won't work well.

There hopefully won't be any serious technical problems like in 2018, but the performers will be a bit lost and confused since there is no audience. This will benefit those with a carefully planned staging, but those with a "straight up", more spontaneous performance will seem unengaged and fail to connect with viewers.

Pre-recorded vocals will be overused, leading to a backlash, both long term and directly against those entries that use it too much. At least two well-liked songs will get low jury points because of obvious non-live vocals.

The hosting will be pretty solid but boring, no language fumbles or Denmark-style awkwardness. The interval acts will be mostly pre-recorded, most not even on the same stage, and some kind of documentary clips may be shown in place of the later interval acts.
I thought there was still a chance for some limited audience presence?

Top Bottom