Contact us

2019 shaping up to be a bad year

Citelis

I think that it is going to be a good year in the end! Well not everything is good but lets be honest its not possible for someone to like everything among 40+ songs. It could be a better year but i believe its unfair to call it a bad year overrall!

Brandt

"The worst year in the past 10+ years" is a bit extreme. We still have 2013 for a reason.

Realest

The last 5-6 days saved it, but before, the Song was really bad.

EscGeek

Veteran
I can't believe how much has 2019 improved xfaint
My top 10 right now consists of 8 songs from March. Only Joci and Ester are still holding on.

Not only that, but my top 5 has 3 songs from yesterday and one from today! xyaay

Laepo1

Every year there are oly 10-12 entries who are worth, and of those maybe two or three i will listen to after the show

Alaska49

these last few days didn't add anything that broke into my top 10 rofl. netherlands, switzerland and greece are close but not there.

glad people are happy now tho

Iker

Veteran
these last few days didn't add anything that broke into my top 10 rofl. netherlands, switzerland and greece are close but not there.

glad people are happy now tho

The same here. It's not shaping to be a bad year neither in my book.

Ezio

Veteran
My trash bin for generic bops is overflowing this year. I need to recycle.

LastDreamer

Banned
My # 1 is Australia with 7 / 10.

ZoboCamel

I can't believe how much has 2019 improved xfaint
My top 10 right now consists of 8 songs from March. Only Joci and Ester are still holding on.

Not only that, but my top 5 has 3 songs from yesterday and one from today! xyaay

Yep, similar case for me too - 8 out of my top 10 are from this last week (only Hungary and Slovenia still holding on).

I said previously that these final weeks would really have to bring some good stuff to make this more than just a meh year for me, so I was concerned; but the turnaround has been real!

It's still not a super-strong year or anything, but as far as the best years of this decade go I think this should at least beat out 2011 and 2013 for me now (it would've been last in that ranking if things had continued as-is). Here's hoping the last few songs are good enough to maybe push the year up by another position xpray

Alaska49

2013 APPRECIATION ALWAYS AND FOREVER

midnightsun

Veteran
Okay. I guess I have to deal with it. With only 5 songs left to be released my hopes for someone to save this contest for me are low. Only Sergey can save it, so PULEASSS Sergey... do it!!! If he won’t then this year is for sure the worst year ever for me. So far I have no 12 points - I‘d give my „faves“ this year a maximum of ten. My faves are a few songs (4 to 5 only) that I like much but I don’t LOVE them to pieces. Which is sad because I had at least 2 songs each year in the past I would stan.

Anyway, the biggest advantage is I can lean back and watch the contest unexcitedly, can concentrate my votes on the only one I‘ll support most and don’t need to get upset about the winner! :)

LastDreamer

Banned
It's the second year in all Eurovision history (after 1988), when the highest song in my ranking will get somewhere near 6 out of 10. Based on the current-line up I will not watch Eurovision in this year and with high probability in the future too. I lost my hope in this contest.

Only Australia sent a song, which I like in this year.
Serbian entry is very boring and nothing special, Irish singer is a victim of bad plastic surgery, the others are average, awful, male singers. xfacepalm

Hayato

Really? I think this is shaping up to be the strongest year ever! For the first time, I love all the favourites: Italy, Norway, Netherlands, Sweden, Russia (in that order). The stage and production looks great to match, too.

I also really want Hungary and Switzerland to do well. Not sure how everyone else does it but I measure the strength of the year not only based on my favourites but the strength of the depth of songs. Even my no.20, Slovenia, is a good song. There are a lot of safe songs and we're missing some guilty pleasures but it's still a very strong year to me.

I've watched/ranked all the Eurovision's from 1990 onwards and this just seems like the strongest ever at the moment. 2012-2014 were strong years, as was 2009. 2015-2018 were OK.

Ianp16

For me this year's songs are the best since I became a superfan in 2014. I'm excited for this year. The best since 2016.

Lonter

Definitely an excellent year, and it kind of has always been one? Starting with Albania and Spain already was excellent.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I like how I complained so hard about this year and then right at the end I've been gifted a couple of depressing piano ballads, a Georgian man screaming, whatever Ireland is supposed to be, and the greatest, probably most me-suitable pop treat imaginable courtesy of San Marino. Austria even providing me with the classic slightly weird entry that fans don't like and that I feel the need to defend at every possible moment. I thought I'd escaped a year of being me, and now I've got the most me Eurovision top 10 ever. This is both sad and invigorating. Everyone is now going to be looking at me like.. "aw.. bless, that's Rainy right there. Never changes....... tragic".

Top Bottom