Contact us

2018 Viewing Figures

Chorizo

:at: AUSTRIA :at:

The ORF splits the show up in four parts to circumvent the rule that prevents showing commercials in the middle of a program.
top5_03_di.png

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
:uk: Apparently 480,000 watched, but I am not sure that is right.

cegs5

YLE reported today that "more than 1.5 M people watched the SF 1"

That is a great audience figure for Finland.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Ours are probably so poorly that I can't even find them on the internet :lol: But since it was at the same time with Exatlon Romania, which is by far the most watched thing rn, idk. Rip TVR

GermanBango

:de: 390.000 (1.6%) ... would be more if the ARD/NDR would finally move the semis to one of their main tv channels but oh well.

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
:pt:

I thought it would be better because we are hosting it.

The first semi-final had 10,2% of rating and 22,6% share. About 984,600 viewers. But we weren't performing. I guess Thursday will be lower and the hopefully it will go over 1M on saturday.

A-lister

Veteran
:se: SVT

EUROVISION SONG CONT S1: 821 000

The numbers from Sweden are actually pretty bad for being Sweden, even for a semi we're not entering ourselves xshrug

Interest is clearly dropping...

I dunno though what happened, we're supposed to be this "MF/ESC-frenzy country", but ESC isn't being promoted like it was in the past. SVT stopped with the pre-ESC shows some couple of years ago where the entries were presented and a panel were either voting on them or discussing the songs (way to go SVT to kill the buzz!), also I remember when I was younger radio was jumping onboard with at least some entry/ies from the contest, that's not happening either these days it seems.

Melodifestivalen is still a huge thing in Sweden though (eventhough interest has dropped there as well, probably due to the bad quality this year and lack of big names), but more needs to be done to regain interest for ESC as it was some years ago.

simonPL

POLAND
1SF - TVP1 - 960.000

I think this is the weakest result in history (of all finals, semis, NFs). I don't know the shares yet, but it's not good. At the same time Polish series on TVP2 had more than 5 Million viewers, but series are the last things that have good viewership on national television in Poland. TVP1 got the worst shares in its history last week (well, people don't buy their propaganda ;) ). It was one of the most popular channel years back, now it's sometimes on 5th or 6th position, even behind small channels. I hope 2SF will have better result (no popular series at the same time, Polish performance).

Please note that in 2014-2016 the finals got around 4-5 Million viewers.

SwissKung

:ch:

122.000 for the SRF (Swiss-German) broadcaster for the 1st semi-final, this is the lowest ratings for a semi-final we're in this decade.

eerik

Semi-final 1:
ETV (Estonian) 232k (peaked at 292k)
ETV (Estonian) online streaming 13.6-17.5k

ETV+ (Russian) 21k (peaked at 31k)
ETV+ (Russian) online steaming 600-800

A-lister

Veteran
With all these low-points in viewing figures this year, did RTP something to the marketing to reach that low?

Salvador opened his mouth :lol:

Jokes aside, EBU should be solely responsible for marketing I think, and they're doing a bad job lately. I mean with all the money they get from all broadcasters and tax payers around Europe, one could expect a better job to promote their flagship xshrug

And locally, I already expressed what changed in Sweden, and this is partly SVT's fault that is not promoting this well enough anymore.

LalehForWD

Salvador opened his mouth :lol:

Jokes aside, EBU should be solely responsible for marketing I think, and they're doing a bad job lately. I mean with all the money they get from all broadcasters and tax payers around Europe, one could expect a better job to promote their flagship xshrug

And locally, I already expressed what changed in Sweden, and this is partly SVT's fault that is not promoting this well enough anymore.

Except EBU isn't really financing Eurovision, the host country does. Only a small part, say 5-10% depending on host comes from EBU. These figures aren't public (don't know if they are actually secret either) and I got them from ESC Malmö 2013. I'm not sure, but I think EBU is a private foundation and as such there's no obligation to present costs and financing. The Eurovision site is managed by the host broadcaster I think, right? Still EBU is clearly involved in advertisment and development of the concept.

Anyway agree reagarding SVT. There seem to be a mangement nowadays not treating Melodifestivalen and Eurovision as they should.

Himan

Well the Netherlands had one of the highest market shares, they didn't compete(It's as popular as Sweden here)

Top Bottom