Contact us

2017 Odds

ParadiseES

a8AjFQS.jpg

Placing my bet on the Republicans to win esc this year.

BIG WIN!

ZoboCamel

Whoa, there's suddenly quite a lot of hype around Belgium, isn't there? They've shot rather quickly to 2nd place in the odds. Here's everyone currently at odds of 40/1 or under, i.e. those considered to at least have a respectable chance of taking the win:

ZKUAsl4.png

You might notice I've put a little on Italy... I noticed their odds lengthening this morning after Belgium's release and couldn't help myself :lol: I've got a bunch of other bets already placed but most of them are on MF, top 10s, etc. right now.

aef

gippa

The Republicans had a cover round similar like in Germany...these two were in the superfinal:D

I would have surely voted BIGLY for them if they had brought Weird Al along. (not sure I get the right English tenses here :lol:, sorry for that :oops:)

DanielLuis

It's funny how Portugal is 4th to win the whole thing, and yet it's only 7th to qualify. It kinda shows the nature of the entry: it's either gonna be a flop or a big success.

Alaska49

i am INTRIGUED that finland is the last qualifier of semi 1 if odds got it right. in my mind they were absolutely deader than all but slovenia. lol @ slovenia's odds btw. #justice4raiven

Chorizo

i am INTRIGUED that finland is the last qualifier of semi 1 if odds got it right. in my mind they were absolutely deader than all but slovenia. lol @ slovenia's odds btw. #justice4raiven

Austria is 11th while Russia will qualify according to the odds. :?

Alaska49

i think odds are just hesitant to discard russia since: russia. if i recall correctly odds weren't harsh on greece last year either.

ZoboCamel

i think odds are just hesitant to discard russia since: russia. if i recall correctly odds weren't harsh on greece last year either.

I can't remember the entire timeline but from memory their qualification odds were around evens (i.e. 2, or 50% predicted qual chance) following the song reveal, drifted out to 4 or 5 for most of the pre-season, then settled at around 3 following rehearsals. Russia's sitting at 1.5 currently - which is to say, a predicted 67% chance of qualifying - so they're already doing a lot better than Greece 2016 in that regard. I'm by no means saying they're a guaranteed qualifier (personally I think they'll sneak through in 7th or something, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them NQ), just that the odds are being kinder to them than they were to Greece last year.

Alaska49

thabk you for the info!! post-reveal 2/1 odds is not very harsh for a song that ended up third to last in the semifinal, so i believe russia is not at all safe considering their odds standards. let's see what happens for the next four or five weeks.

EscGeek

Veteran
okay i know switzerland and slovenia have a "reputation" but in all honesty, they both have one of the better songs this year xshrug

and i'm not biased at all...in the final, i gave away 5 votes (which is something i don't do every year,but this year rtvslo really did their best) to 5 of my favorites and omar was one of them :cool:
"lights with guide you through...." line is awful, i'll give you that, but i love everything else really xmusic

and about switzerland...the song is one of their best ever! Timebelle is EPIC! xlove

DanielLuis

Some bookmakers have opened the market "Will the wrong winner be announced in the Grand Final?" :lol:

FilipFromSweden

Some bookmakers have opened the market "Will the wrong winner be announced in the Grand Final?" :lol:

Oh my God! You have to link it to me, I'm going to become rich. Even if there would be the wrong results announced EBU would never dare to announce it, they would just go with it

Romeo

I think Finland 2017 could do a Netherlands 2014

Top Bottom