View Poll Results: How do you rate this entry?

Voters
230. You may not vote on this poll

13 5.65%

11 4.78%

10 4.35%

16 6.96%

24 10.43%

27 11.74%

28 12.17%

21 9.13%

23 10.00%

17 7.39%

40 17.39%
Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114
Results 1,131 to 1,137 of 1137

Thread: UNITED KINGDOM 2018 - SuRie - Storm

UNITED KINGDOM 2018 - SuRie - Storm

2. Enthusiast
    England

Re: UNITED KINGDOM 2018 - SuRie - Storm

Well, this ended up even slightly lower than I thought it would. I still think the UK should have taken a risk on the more interesting song from Asanda and spent time polishing that performance. BUT at least we got to discover how awesome SuRie is... so maybe we'll see her back with a better song!
    2019: 12 Italy 10 Iceland 8 Netherlands 7 Portugal 6 Switzerland 5 Cyprus 4 Belgium 3 Malta 2 Sweden 1 Czech Republic

3. Veteran
    Sweden

SuRie has released her new single 'Taking It Over' today!

I really like it! Has a nice chill and summery vibe
    Likes  megzpegz liked this post

~ WV117 SWEDEN: Winona Oak - Let Me Know
    ~ WLSC188 TAMAUSIA & DELTANNOR: SJUR ft. Caitlyn Scarlett - Thinkin' Bout

4. Enthusiast
    Poland

Wow! After intruder invasion she become stronger and more charismatic. I felt all the energy! I'm shocked, that her final score was too low! She was incredible! UK, great job!
    Likes  94ayd liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by kayak View Post
    Wow! After intruder invasion she become stronger and more charismatic. I felt all the energy! I'm shocked, that her final score was too low! She was incredible! UK, great job!
    If she'd performed again she may have got a couple of places higher, I think the interruption took people's mind off the song. Still not a song I like that much, though I could say the same for quite a few songs above it (including the winning song).

6. Senior Member
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by theCONWEL View Post
    SuRie has released her new single 'Taking It Over' today!

I really like it! Has a nice chill and summery vibe
    I like it to, I think it's better than storms.

7. Ninja
    Germany

0 pts. BBC is not even trying. I think they just want to submit boring and average entries so that after the final, they can go all ranting over Europe and us being "unprofessional and discriminating towards the UK" because of politics and blah.

Get your act together, BBC, and submit a great entry again, pls.
    SuRie was a great performance and she handled everything professionally but the song was just painfully dull and boring.
    Likes  ESC94, NemesisNick liked this post

8. Senior Member
    Germany

Now we move on to another member of my personal flop 5 of 2018, . I have to admit that the United Kingdom is the country at the ESC that angers me the most. Despite having one of the biggest and most diverse music industries in the world and being the homeland of many successful artists they always send boring and uncharismatic nobodys with dull album tracks nobody wants to hear, and sadly this was again the case in 2018.

That year they were represented by the young singer SuRie and her song "Storm". When I saw her performing the song for the first time it really reminded me of 2017, and this is not a compliment!! A singer that looked like a younger version of Annie Lennox but sadly had as much charisma as a slice of toast with an uninteresting voice singing an extremely flat and boring album track. I donīt know why but this is a kind of song I can imagine being played during a dancing evening in a retirement home, in the background while buying food in a supermarket or while ironing your trousers at home. In these scenarios it would be ok, but at the ESC it just felt sooo boring, uninteresting and completely fallen out of time.

Before the contest I saw this as a hot contestant for the last place, and Iīm pretty sure that without the stage invasion and all these "sympathy calls" afterwards this would have happended, because to be honest this incident was really the only interesting thing about her performance, even if this sounds mean.

All in all this was another wasted year for the , this was basically doomed from the very beginning. After the contest we had the usual complaints from the yellow press that they should retire because the "evil" Europeans hate them because of Brexit, politics in general and blah blah. No!! Please stop with this nonsense!!

You donīt do poorly because of politics, the viewers simply notice if a country doesnīt even try to win or at least do well!! And if the people in charge at the BBC donīt realise this you will not do any better in the future, this is something I can promise you!!!

Anyway, this piece of nothing gets a clear from me, it was simply hopeless from the start!!
    Likes  Mainshow, NemesisNick liked this post