Contact us

14th World Aquatics Championships, Shanghai, China (16th-31st of July)

vatroslav_cro

Croatia/ Kroatien/ Croatie/ Croacia/ Croazia/ Hrva
I hope here we have fans of the aquatics sports, and the ones who follow these events.:mrgreen::lol: Because from today till the last day of this month, the 14th world aquatics championships will last. Today there was an opening ceremony. This year they take place in Shanghai, the biggest city in China. The venue is Shanghai Oriental Sports Center. These Championships will feature five disciplines: swimming, water polo, diving, open water and synchronized swimming. Portions of these championships will most likely serve a part of qualifying for the 2012 Summer Olympic Games.

So let's enjoy, let's comment the events, disciplines, let's root for our teams again!:):cool: xcheer I believe it will be great! Of course, you can feel free to share your impressions and everything else, connected with this theme, of course:). Especially to comment the results haha!:D
Good luck to all the teams and representants!:)

The official website is:
http://www.shanghai-fina2011.com/en/

Here I will only list the groups for water-polo championship:

Group A:

Montenegro
Hungary
Kazakhstan
Spain

Group B:

Australia
China
Romania
Serbia

Group C:

Brazil
Croatia
Japan
Canada

Group D:

Italy
South Africa
Germany
United States

Last edited:

Interrail

Re: 14 th World Aquatics Championships, Shanghai, China (16 th-31 st of July)

I can't say I follow aquatic championships very closely...but I guess many ppl in Serbia will watch it, ofcourse - simply cause of water polo.
Many ppl like and train this sport here and our team is one of best in world, actually from all sports in general, most of medals for Serbia came from water-polo, so... I expect good performance with water-polo.

From other sportsmen, we have (I think) 8 swimmers (M & F), I know for sure 4 of them r very good - Čavić, Stjepanović, Higl, Najdanovski. Some of them might get some medal, we'll see...

Good luck all countries!

vatroslav_cro

The first match for our water-polo team passed successfully: Croatia - Brazil 14:5. Nothing really unexpected:), I hope our team will raise up the form and be better and better in the further phases of the tournament:)
The next rival is Canada, in Wednesday.

Mark-ESC14

Netherlands competes in the women's waterpolo tournament and they equalled 7-7 against the USA. (Battle between the reigning Olympic champion [Netherlands] and the reigning world champion[USA].

And for the swimming we have a very good relay team on the women's side. Hoping for Kromowidjojo, Veldhuis, Schreuder and Heemskerk to pick up some medals :)

Interrail

Re: 14th World Aquatics Championships, Shanghai, China (16 th-31 st of July)

As for water polo, we had China today, and it was China 5:17 Serbia:?

vatroslav_cro

I expect at least a medal from waterpolo-team (any medal).....since our swimmers are not in good shape (Duje Draganja, our best male swimmer, won't perform at all, due to some diseases last and this year and weight loss caused by that diseases, because weights are very important in swimming)...maybe Sanja Jovanović can do something, we'll see.....:?

Scooby

We expect medal from male water polo team, from Milorad Čavić and Nađa Higl (both are world champions) and maybe Ivan Lanđer can make a surprise, he is in good form at the moment.

Milos-BC

Serbia defeated Romania as well. The overall result is 15:5.

Very good start for :rs: :D

vatroslav_cro

Croatia vs Japan 18-7 (it was the last match in groups).
Well, it seems our team is ready for medal.....
In the 1/4 final (26 th of July) we will meet Montenegro.

vatroslav_cro

The swimming competition has started from today.

Today's final results (placings and swimmers or countries only):

Diving 10 m platform (M):

1. Qiu Bo (CHN)
2. David Boudia (USA)
3. Sascha Klein (GER)

400 m freestyle (M):

1. Park Tae-hwan (KOR)
2. Suny Yang (CHN)
3. Paul Biedermann (GER)

400 m freestyle (F):

1. Federica Pellegrini (ITA)
2. Rebecca Adlington (GBR)
3. Camille Muffat (FRA)

4X100 relay (F):

1. The Netherlands
2. United States
3. Germany

4x100 relay (M):

1. Australia
2. France
3. United States

Congratulations to all medal winners! xcheer

Btw, it is confirmed that croatian water-polo team will play against Montenegro in 1/4 final of water-polo session, next Tuesday. Montenegro defeated Romania 8:4 today in the morning.

Last edited:

vatroslav_cro

Come on guys, don't tell me nobody follows this? Today it was so interesting! The most impressed moments were when Cesar Cielo, swimmer from Brazil, cries after winning gold on 50 m dolphine (he was suspended from all competitions for some time because of some additives in the food which were not allowed, it was regarded some kind of dopping, but after it was discovered that the food was poisoned, so FINA let him perform in Shanghai), and Alexander Oen from Norway, who won gold on 100 m breaststroke, showing the norwegian flag on his swimmimgcostume! :)

Today's final results:

50 m dolphin (M):

1. Cesar Cielo (BRA)
2. Matthew Targett (AUS)
3. Geoff Huegill (AUS)

100 M breaststroke (M):

1. Alexander Oen (NOR)
2. Fabio Scozzoli (ITA)
3. Cameron Van Der Burgh (RSA)

100 m dolphin (W):

1. Dana Vollmer (USA)
2. Alicia Coutts (AUS)
3. Lu Ying (CHN)

200 combination (W):

1. Ye Shiwen (CHN)
2. Alicia Coutts (AUS)
3. Ariana Kukors (USA)

Congratulations to all medal winners! :)

vatroslav_cro

Great day for our water-polo team! Qualification for semifinal after the victory over Montenegro 9-6! :) Superior. Congratulations, guys, I hope you can reach the final too, it would be AMAZING!

Final's results of swimming disciplines:

200 m freestyle (M):

1. Ryan Lochte (USA)
2. Michael Phelps (USA)
3. Paul Biedermann (GER)

100 m backstroke (M):

1. Camille Lacourt (FRA)
2. Jeremy Stravius (FRA)
3. Ryosuke Irie (JPN)

100 m backstroke (W):

1. Zhao Jing (CHN)
2. Anastazija Zueva (RUS)
3. Natalie Coughlin (USA)

1500 m freestyle (W):

1. Lotte Friis (DEN)
2. Kate Ziegler (USA)
3. Li Xuanxu (CHN)

100 m breaststroke (W):

1. Rebecca Soni (USA)
2. Leisel Jones (AUS)
3. Ji Liping (CHN)

Congratulations!:)

Milos-BC

Serbia is playing against Hungary (our eternal rivals in water polo :lol:) in the semi final today :D I hope for success!

vatroslav_cro

No final for us! Motherfucking Italy won us 9-8! I cannot believe. Now I wouldn't be surprised if we lose from Hungary for 3rd place, bronze medal and Olympic games qualification maybe.....I really don't know what the hell happened to our team. They had EVERYTHING in their side, were prepared for this match, or at least they SAID they were)....Probably no enough motivation.
I am thinking about "apstinate" or quit to follow all sports till the end of year! Because it is obvious we suck in everything! Now at least in sports (in everything rest from before).....bottom bottom.....well we probably deserved it.

Scooby

Vatroslav Croatia qualify for Olympics 'cause top 3 teams from this champs go to London next year! But Serbia qualify earlier, thanks to world league title last month in Italy.

Milos-BC

Serbia is in the final of the world championship xcheer We are going to play against Italy for the gold :D

Vatroslav, Croatia is very strong in water polo, don't lose hope. Italy is very good now, they were good before, but now they have one of the best teams in the world. It was a close match, but that's sport.....I am sure Croatia will get the bronze, and that you will have good chances on the Olympic games :D

vatroslav_cro

Serbia is in the final of the world championship xcheer We are going to play against Italy for the gold :D

Vatroslav, Croatia is very strong in water polo, don't lose hope. Italy is very good now, they were good before, but now they have one of the best teams in the world. It was a close match, but that's sport.....I am sure Croatia will get the bronze, and that you will have good chances on the Olympic games :D

Thank you very much for kind words, I know what you mean but my decision is final. I am sorry, but I am fed up and really disappointed, because this sport event was one of the few I really waited for WHOLE THIS YEAR and now it turned into this! Crap!

Interrail

Serbia got silver in waterpolo. Good result, congrats to our team:)
Swimmers didn't get any medal, quite disappointing:)
@Vatro - sports r for fun;) Don't get it THAT serious:) ))

Top Bottom