View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
224. You may not vote on this poll

36 16.07%

13 5.80%

6 2.68%

13 5.80%

20 8.93%

14 6.25%

12 5.36%

11 4.91%

11 4.91%

20 8.93%

68 30.36%
Page 6 of 154 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: CROATIA 2017 - Jacques Houdek - My Friend

CROATIA 2017 - Jacques Houdek - My Friend

2. Legend
    Croatia

Re: CROATIA 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska49 View Post
    well, my point was i'm not afraid of hrt picking only from songs composed by croatians, because lighthouse is a work of croatian composers. i did know it was universal on behalf of hrt that made nina actually find the song, but surely if they go with ruza, universal will be involved again? i'm confident they can find domestic talent, and maybe more easily now that nina made it to the final.

and well, this is very roundabout way of saying i don't want croatia to get their song from a) swedish composers or (not very likely but still) b) fucking zeljko joksimovic he's bored us enough for a lifetime!!!!
    Lighthouse is not work of Croatian but Austrian composers. And in Croatia it was all travesty because of this, because our Society of Composers were blaming HRT because it is not Croatian composer who made the song.
    If Ruža goes, I guess Universal will participate because they will give some money and HRT just look how to not invest in anything regarding esc.

If it is not 1) Swedish author or 2) Zeljko Joksimovic (what is both very unlikely), that doesn't apriori mean it would be better for Croatia. I hope whoever writes our song (if we participate), I hope it will be good one.
    Likes  Alaska49 liked this post

3. Junkie
    Italy

well, my point was i'm not afraid of hrt picking only from songs composed by croatians, because lighthouse is a work of croatian composers. i did know it was universal on behalf of hrt that made nina actually find the song, but surely if they go with ruza, universal will be involved again? i'm confident they can find domestic talent, and maybe more easily now that nina made it to the final.

and well, this is very roundabout way of saying i don't want croatia to get their song from a) swedish composers or (not very likely but still) b) fucking zeljko joksimovic he's bored us enough for a lifetime!!!!
    Under what rock do you live? "Lighthouse" is a work of Austrian composers (precisely the ones who also composed 2013) and the news about the Croatian Society of Composers being unhappy with it was all over the ESC-news some months ago.

4. Hero
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Hele. View Post
    Lighthouse is not work of Croatian but Austrian composers. And in Croatia it was all travesty because of this, because our Society of Composers were blaming HRT because it is not Croatian composer who made the song.
    really?? i was so sure the composers were croatian, and i even tried to look it up because it grew on me so much before the show and i didn't even find anything that didn't suggest they were not croatian, partly because google didn't even point me towards this controversy or even natalia kelly when searching either name. oops! maybe i should have come back here sooner.

well, then there goes the only thing about the croatian selection that i thought i liked. how sad. i guess a swedish entry is better than whatever it is that croatia thought they were doing until 2013, but i'd still want croatia to find something good inside the country.
    Likes  Hele. liked this post

5. Legend
    Portugal

really?? i was so sure the composers were croatian, and i even tried to look it up because it grew on me so much before the show and i didn't even find anything that didn't suggest they were not croatian, partly because google didn't even point me towards this controversy or even natalia kelly when searching either name. oops! maybe i should have come back here sooner.

well, then there goes the only thing about the croatian selection that i thought i liked. how sad. i guess a swedish entry is better than whatever it is that croatia thought they were doing until 2013, but i'd still want croatia to find something good inside the country.
    It was not Swedish, it was Austria. Is Swedish a synonym to foreign for ESC fans now?
    Likes  Stiven liked this post

6. Hero
    Brazil

i was talking about a possible swedish entry for 2017, as in, croatia doing the same thing nearly a quarter of the other countries did this year. i was not talking about lighthouse, as i said i loved lighthouse.

7. Addict
    Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by Milos-BC View Post
    Typical Balkan behavior - spit on everything and everyone whenever you can.

It is no wonder why we are doing "so well" in all areas of life nowadays. Altogether.
    Well, there is a lot of quality in our region but you have to admit that cheap songs sang by half-naked singers have much more attention than those who acctually make good music!!!
    Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you try to abuse the privilege.

8. Hero
    Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny992 View Post
    Well, there is a lot of quality in our region but you have to admit that cheap songs sang by half-naked singers have much more attention than those who acctually make good music!!!
    We have to stand out somehow. The best we can do is send an upbeat song with a nice choreography, like Belgium did this year, since HRT doesn't seem to be interested in investing into a more demanding staging.

9. Legend
    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by SaladBreak View Post
    We have to stand out somehow. The best we can do is send an upbeat song with a nice choreography, like Belgium did this year, since HRT doesn't seem to be interested in investing into a more demanding staging.
    You think HRT would care enough to do the staging Belgium did this year?

10. Addict
    Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by SaladBreak View Post
    OMG..........we have to stand out somehow.....this is the most stupid thing I have read on this forum!!! #noshit
    Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you try to abuse the privilege.

11. Hero
    Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny992 View Post
    OMG..........we have to stand out somehow.....this is the most stupid thing I have read on this forum!!! #noshit
    Wow, you really are an aggressive one. I think my comment was clear, there is a little chance of us standing out unless we send something upbeat with a good choreography, as HRT has no interest in Eurovision.

Let me remind you of your comment:

you have to admit that cheap songs sang by half-naked singers have much more attention than those who acctually make good music

Page 6 of 154 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast