Contact us

10SC ~ Happy Decade Anniversary!

takeru

Just a post to congratulate this contest and all the players; as of today the Nation Song Contest has been running officially for ten years! :eek:

NSC 1's confirmation was successfully opened on February 4th 2007, in the wake of the cancelled remains of its short-lived first attempt (never forget ;_; )

Here's a snapshot of this very forum at that moment ten years ago (or roughly, according to waybackmachine; all the important threads are there anyway!)

zUrl47Y.png

So, a very happy birthday to you NSC! You may now be filled with boring, busy twenty-somethings as opposed to the bored, computer-addicted teenagers of yesteryear (though they are much more fabulous now tbh).
But, after all this time, you're still alive and kicking, as a game, as a competition, as a pool of all kinds of amazing music and as one of the best communities around! Not long til we ship you off to high school. To the next ten years! xcheer1

Here, have some easy-access nostalgia:​

Salmon

as opposed to the bored, computer-addicted teenagers of yesteryear

We still exist! xwave

But honestly, I’m amazed by the chance to participate in a thing which has such a long history (ten years! That’s like… 80 Internet years!), and as a relatively new person, I do kind of regret not having been around in the very early days and slowly watching the contest go through its ups and downs over time. Kudos to people like Joch, Dan, or Nati who have managed to continously send entries over all that time, I really like the “oldie” members in the contest.

Oh, and I realised that NSC has been around for the majority of my lifespan so far, which is awesome but still slightly creepy. :'D

Paper7

Let my NSC 143 artist congratulate! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqj0PAvYrpI

We still exist! xwave

But honestly, I’m amazed by the chance to participate in a thing which has such a long history (ten years! That’s like… 80 Internet years!), and as a relatively new person, I do kind of regret not having been around in the very early days and slowly watching the contest go through its ups and downs over time. Kudos to people like Joch, Dan, or Nati who have managed to continously send entries over all that time, I really like the “oldie” members in the contest.

Oh, and I realised that NSC has been around for the majority of my lifespan so far, which is awesome but still slightly creepy. :'D

The other contest i were in is also old and have a long history... but there was it the other way round: its great history made it even more sad what it have become. :( I'm very happy that zechh has shown me this one, this was and is still great. :) Live long and prosper, NSC. :D

I even didnt noticed that i'm now nearly 6 years in NSC (WL/Roster)... :eek: It didnt felt that long. ^^

Veliky

The regretted people of Orovoda, a land completely wiped out by a terrible flood that killed all its citizens, and the prosper nation of Kamandé, are all very grateful to this contest for making them discover wonderful new music throughout the years!

Vive le Concours National de la Chanson! :D

dogmeat

For me it'll be 7 years in July.

In my life those were 7 years of searching for my place in the world. It's been sweet at some times and rough at others. I've been unemployed and I've juggled two jobs and studies. I've sunk into debt and I've repaid it all. I've considered a million different ways of life, from crime to a monastery. Now I feel I'm finally near the end of a bumpy road, with a straight road ahead of me.
It's all unrelated to NSC. But NSC has been there all these years. No matter what state I was in - whether I was hitting the bottom or going up, NSC remained this one constant, unchanging thing. Looking for entries, taking long hours to vote, impatiently waiting for the results - it's the same now as it was 6 years ago. And I'm sure it'll be the same in 2023, whatever comes, wherever I will live and whatever I will do. For this reason, Nation Song Contest will always have a place in my heart.

Lenalite

slay me NSC yasssss

I gift you this masterpiece

The night is young but don’t waste no time
I want the full experience blow my mind

Let emotions flow don’t stop be alive
I wanna drown in your arms every second of the
night

You and me till the break of dawn
hold on to the moment like it’ll never be gone

Push the limit love on top
one more night that is all we got

It reflects my emotions concerning NSC so well xheart

Canuck

Happy Birthday NSC :D

Music is one of the things that brings me happiness in life and it's been a pleasure sharing music with you and listening to some absolute beauties over the years. Even if some of you don't share the same taste in music as I do, you have all played a part in introducing me to genres I didn't even know existed and introducing thousands upon thousands of artists to me from around the globe.

Through all the changes in my life in the past seven years -- much like Orian -- NSC has been the only true constant through it all. So for that, I thank you all so much. You have prevented me from going crazy. I know that you guys are always there.

This contest is part of the soundtrack of my life.

I might not be in Skype convos too much (tbh, my account got locked out and Microsoft refuses to give me my access back), remember, I FUCKEN LOVE YOU GUYS.

15672583_10207847523805592_2240457512897773694_n.jpg

Top Bottom