Contact us

Rumia 227 | There's no cock like horse cock

dogmeat

Re: Rumia 166 | Rockself.com Festival #11 | National Final

Copying to new page.

And here's a recap. Get it fast, before YT takes it down.

Voters so far:
Moisantia
Uferbruht
Ujedinjeni Gvozd
Ugaly
Trollheimr
Bigicia
Kordavia
Vylkuzeme
Cherniya
Kadis

theditz83

Veteran

Wow, great turn out for your NF. Hope that I can attract such a varied sample for my next one xup

dogmeat

Wow, great turn out for your NF. Hope that I can attract such a varied sample for my next one xup

I remember Zaprya had something like 30 once ;)
I kinda cursed myself long time ago. My first two NFs had 12 voters and then I decided each of them from then on would need exactly 12. That was when NFs were at their height of popularity. So now I'm forced to send out PMs and beg for votes every time xD Fortunately there's a loyal bunch of pot6 countries out there :)
Right now it's 10/12 and the leader is at 20 pts lead, so it's unlikely to change. But I can't consider the results final until I somehow get the last 2 sets of voters, even after the semis are posted :lol:

dogmeat

Re: Rumia 166 | Rockself.com Festival #11 | National Final (1 more voter needed)

Thanks to ::bal Now after 11/12 voters Njól by Jeremy Soule is at an 18 points lead, which means there won't be a diplomatic scandal about wrong entry being sent to NSC lach
So we can make it semi official

Rockself.com 11 winner and Rumia's NSC 166 entry

However, I won't stop being annoying until we get that 12th voter. Only then I can post full results. xwait

theditz83

Veteran
Re: Rumia 166 | Rockself.com Festival #11 | National Final (1 more voter needed)

My 1 pointer - found it a bit boring if I'm honest, but best of luck!

Wonder when that final voter will appear :lol:

dogmeat

*The sun rises. One man is speaking from the scene to the empty hall. Plenty of broken bottles lie around, together with some passed out people. A janitor walks by, sweeping them (bottles too).*
Aaand big thanks to Solentoya for the final set of votes :D Now, full results are as follows:

mclddEY.png

dogmeat

Re: Rumia

I finally updated/added geography and history sections in ::rum wiki page. They were blank for way too long, even though I have most of the lore thought out in my mind. Will add more info in future. https://nsc.fandom.com/wiki/Rumia

I'd also like to encourage everyone to take care of your wiki pages - it really makes your nations stand out, gives them more character.

PS The list of entries is scarily long.

strajker

Re: Rumia | NSC 55-168 full voting ranking

I don't see how is it fair that I gave you 93 points more.

Also, lol Zaprya.

dogmeat

Re: Rumia 169 | Dzikaje Palavańnie

Belarusian artist Dzivia released recently an album named Rujnuj, which is an exciting journey to darkest depths of Slavic world. It's classical music from the outside, but dark folk at heart - orchestral instrumentation creates magical ethnic atmosphere that also goes metal where it needs to. Prominent brass instruments, heavy drums and choirs set a dramatic tone, racing from one climax to another. Still, there are plenty of calm moments, interwoven with heavy ones in a complex pattern, that leaves the listener in anxious, calm-before-the-storm state. The composition and the structure is complex but deliberate, with layers of instruments laid with finesse to set various moods within a single piece, a work of both an artist and a skilled craftsman.

The opening track - Dzikaje Palavańnie - is our choice for NSC 169.

----------------
NSC 170

Lindsey Stirling has been immensely popular here for years, ever since she debuted in NSC, representing Balearica Island with the legendary "Crystallize". We're grateful to have her play for us this time. The music video was shot in eastern Rumia, depicting local folklore.

---------------
NSC 171

Ginnungagap is the bottomless abyss that was all there was prior to the creation of the cosmos, and into which the cosmos will collapse once again during Ragnarok, the “Twilight of the Gods.” As the Eddic poem Völuspá, “The Insight of the Seeress,” describes the time before the cosmos existed:

https://norse-mythology.org/cosmology/ginnungagap/

That was the age when nothing was;
There was no sand, nor sea, nor cool waves,
No earth nor sky nor grass there,
Only Ginnungagap.

dogmeat

Re: Rumia 172 | Bloodywood - Jee Veerey

I don't write here often enough lately, gotta give all those ignored entries a few words eventually...

Anyway, about current edition... The song is called Jee Veerey, which translates to "Live, brave one" and it's about a serious issue - mental health and depression. Much respect to Bloodywood for making this song. I'm dedicating this entry to everyone here who's ever felt a little broken inside.

"In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer."

-------------------------------------------------------
NSC 173

I like to send my favorites from my teenage years sometimes, especially for a PQ. Here, a 2006 rock banger.

dogmeat

Re: Rumia 173 | HIM - Wings of a Butterfly

For a change of mood, we're sending something minimalistic and contemplative. Hang Massive is a duo playing hangs (duh) and their music is the kind you'd listen to when you want to escape the noise of everyday life and feel at peace with the world for a moment.

NSC 174 Hang Massive - The Secret Kissing of the Sun and Moon

Top Bottom