Contact us

🎶 MOISANTIA | NSC 227 | Jeremy Vancaulart feat. Danyka Nadeau - Hurt🎶

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
raven-drag-race.gif

theditz83

Veteran
I don't often post about my WLSC entries in this thread, but this one felt like it deserved a mention... #12minuteraveup

I recently left the Belgium jury in Worldvision before I could send any of this producer's songs, and he probably remained on my unsent list due to the fact that I found it impossible to choose just one of his songs - they all deserved their chance to shine...

So in WLSC 228, Moisantia is bringing you our own little megamix of Belgian DJ & producer NIVIRO's hot trilogy of songs all centred around the fictional Kingdom of Nivoria...

Originally 3 separate songs ("The Ashes", "The Phoenix" and "The Hymn of Nivoria") but featured here in one epic chunk! Strap yourselves in and enjoy the 12 minute ride xmusic xdance2 xheya xyaay xmetal

::moi MOISANTIA WLSC 228 ::moi
NIVIRO - The Trilogy of Nivoria (The Ashes - The Phoenix - The Hymn)
NIVIRO-_-Logo-Black@0.5x.png

theditz83

Veteran
MOISUR COLLABORATION ENTRY
MoiSur.png

As a result of the MoiSur delegation successfully qualifying twice already in this decade, they have won the right to select the next two ::moi entries including our bicentennial entry in NSC 200... but more on that later ;)

For the next edition, it's finally time for Moisantia to go all emoshun - we don't tend to submit downtempo tracks to NSC, but this one really struck a chord with the heads of delegation thanks to its heartfelt lyrics and raw delivery.

Our entrant for NSC 199 is...

::moi NSC 199 ENTRY ::moi
MILCK - Quiet
MILCK-2017-cr-rachaelle-estroud-billboard-1548-compressed.jpg

Lyrics:
Put on your face
Know your place
Shut up and smile
Don't spread your legs
I could do that

But no one knows me, no one ever will
If I don't say something, if I just lie still
Would I be that monster, scare them all away
If I let them hear what I have to say

I can't keep quiet, no-oh-oh-oh-oh
A one woman riot, no-oh-oh-oh-oh
I can't keep quiet
For anyone
Not anymore

'Cause no one knows me, no one ever will
If I don't say something, take that dry blue pill
They may see that monster, they may run away
But I have to do this

A one woman riot, no-oh-oh-oh-oh

Oh, I can't keep quiet
(There'll be someone who understands)
There'll be someone who understands
(Must be someone who'll understand)
Let it out, let it out
Let it out now
There'll be someone who understands
Let it out, let it out
Let it out now

No, I can't keep quiet, no-oh-oh-oh-oh
I can't keep quiet, oh-no
No, I won't keep quiet

theditz83

Veteran
So MILCK couldn't keep quiet, but it seems that she has been silenced by the 199 voters... Super-close on qualification though, so thanks to those mystery 13 nations for those 72 points xup

For NSC 200, being such a big anniversary for this little old contest that means so much to our people, we have had multiple different ideas of how we could select our entry, but knowing that it was the honour of the MOISUR delegation to select the NSC 200 entry after their most successful run in the 190s, it has quickly become apparent what song we will be sending - something that we discovered fairly recently courtesy of some other members of this forum (and an ex-participant in NSC also).

More details to follow, but we're looking East and bringing some of my favourite ever melodies that I've had the pleasure of discovering. 🎹🎻xheart

theditz83

Veteran
What a milestone to reach NSC - 200 editions xheat

This contest has been a massive part of the last nine or so years of my life, and despite me taking a little break in the middle, I'm proud to have Moisantia as a part of the Natia universe.

To celebrate this special edition, I considered going all out with a dance/hardcore/rave banger a-la classic Moisantia of old, but since we're sticking with our promise to the MOISUR delegation that they could choose our entry for this edition, we instead focused wholeheartedly on the one key element that (I hope) most of you will agree links together all Moisantia entries... A DELICIOUS TUNEFUL MELODY.

MOISUR COLLABORATION ENTRY
MoiSur.png

This song is one of the most beautiful melodies I have ever had the pleasure of discovering, and I am honoured to have it represent ::moi this edition and take its deserved place in our nation's history...

Full thanks to former NSC contestant @nekoisneko (Srivijaya & Sasentia, never forget xrose ) and @andro for introducing my to this wonderful song xlove

:id: ::moi NSC 200 ENTRY ::moi :id:
gamaliél - / adjacent /

Lyrics:
Nothing new with these bruises all over me
Living in between precipices for long
Now that I've been used to falling, falling low
I slowly learn to ride the wind

Something new I feel soddening in so deep
There's no tears I see, but you couldn't hide from me
While I see you slowly crawling, crawling low
I'll be right there to prevent

Who are, who are you?
Running around, into the blue
Do I, do I happen to know what you're going through?
Should I, should I pull you and show all my scars to you?
And then we could be adjacent
(Adjacent, yeah)
So that we could get through
(Get through)

Nothing new with these possibilities
But on the verge you stand, smiling to me
Just when I thought I'd be so frozen, froze in love
Not just melt, I'm now the wind

Who are, who are you?
Running around into the blue
(Adjacent, yeah)
(Get through)

Maybe we could be adjacent, oh
Maybe we should be adjacent
So we'll get through

Who are, who are you?
Who are, who are you?
(Adjacent, yeah)
(Get through)
(Get through)

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
BREAKING NEWS TONIGHT FROM SUROVIA...

With the 200th edition of NSC looming large and the MOISUR collaborative delegation hopeful of seeing out this decade with a flourish with Gamaliél, talk over on the Surovian news networks has suddenly taken a sharp turn after the public reveal of the chosen track for NSC 200.

The track's title "/ adjacent /" has been aligned directly with a leaked manifesto sent by a Surovian left wing group to the Head of Parliament in Nucharlton just over 3 months ago. The document detailed a clear list of shared social and economic achievements that the Surovian people have directly helped the Moisantian government achieve over the past 10 years through industries and large manufacturing campuses located within the Southern region, as well as a list of benefits that it is claimed the other regions have enjoyed thanks to these achievements (mainly the halving of unemployment levels and the doubling of the countries overall GDP). But the crucial part of the manifesto, and the reason for the hubbub across the airwaves tonight stems from the final sentence, which very simply dictates the Surovian motto: "Together we exist, adjacent but not the same".

The differences and divisions between the Moisantian and Surovian people's views and perspectives on every aspect of modern life has never been so apparent, and so it seems poignant that the entry released as the NSC 200 entry for "the nation of dance and happiness" with such a seemingly positive message appears now to be another cause for tension between the Central Government and Surovia.

It is hoped that an emergency summit between all political parties in the country, scheduled for 2 weeks' time in the Parliament building in Nucharlton, can finally bring some closure to this fractious period of Moisantia's modern history. We'll of course keep you updated on any further developments, but rest assured that Gamaliél's participation in Ic-Sa-Calli will go ahead as planned.

theditz83

Veteran
breaking-news-news.gif

NEW DECADES INTIATIVE SCRAPPED!!

Some sudden and unexpected news is emerging from the Moisantian NSC HQ this morning with initial reports stating that the New Decades Initiative (NDI) - introduced in NSC 191 as a way to give more of a voice to Surovia's artists and producers in the contest - is being shelved. All of this comes after emergency talks were held this week in Nucharlton about a number of social and political policies, with the NSC Head of Delegation being one of key speakers representing the arts and culture.

There is no specific word on what this means for the NSC selection process from 201 forward, but sources have claimed a significant shake-up in Moisantia's image in the contest may be on the cards...

It's certainly clear to bystanders that the NDI never really yielded the anticipated results in the contest, but Surovian authorities remain sceptical of any further changes that may affect their voice and artistic presence in NSC across future editions.

The Moisantian Parliament goes into a two week shut down from this evening, so no further news is expected from the NSC Head of Delegation until the New Year - we're all waiting with baited breath...

theditz83

Veteran
So the New Decades Initiative is history - but it's now time to look to the future of Moisantia after NSC 200, and we are delighted to now reveal the results of some successful discussions between the Moisantian and Surovian delegations as part of a two-week long period of cross-party political negotiations in the Parliament Building, Nucharlton.

[Below is a statement from the head of the Moisantian NSC delegation]
With great excitement, we wish to announce the start of a new shared partnership between the Moisantian NSC Delegation (MND) and SuGo Distribution, previously set-up to promote Surovia's musicians, singers and songwriters under the Moisantia banner in NSC and WLSC. After some great results as part of the joint MOISUR partnership throughout the 20th decade of NSC, it's clear that the future of Moisantia's success in the contest will lie not in the differing ideas and goals of the individual delegations but rather in working in partnership across all entries to achieve the common goal of reaching the top of the leaderboard in future editions of NSC.

Our country will continue using the names "Moisantia" in NSC and WLSC but in line with the government decree issued at 00:01 on 1st January 2022, the official title of our nation shall henceforth be "the United Lands of Moisantia & Surovia" (ULoMaS)

From NSC 201, we have also informed the NSC moderation team that we will be using Moisantia's newly unveiled flag which combines elements of the original flag of Moisantia and the flag of the Surovian region into one symbiotic whole. The blues, identical to the blues from both original flags, alternate in a continuous clockwise stream to reflect the journey that our nation has been on over the past few years in this contest. Two artistic visions in one flag:

BRAND NEW MOISANTIA FLAG (VALID FROM NSC 201)
New-Moi-Flag.png

Our new motto, "United in Music - Adjacent, but never Identical", echoes both the title of our NSC 200 entry by gamaliél but also the subject of our recently composed NSC 201 entry.

But more news on that later...

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
FINALLY
You don't know how many times I screamed at the unperfect red circle and the clear lack of color coordination. Can't wait ot use the new :: moi sis xheat

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Griffin Empire getting their fleet ready.

This new flag. xheat

theditz83

Veteran
Sorry I don't know her
She was fabulous, you'd have liked her ;)
FINALLY
You don't know how many times I screamed at the unperfect red circle and the clear lack of color coordination. Can't wait ot use the new :: moi sis xheat
I know, I know - it's only recently that I've even realised, the shem! xshock1:
Griffin Empire getting their fleet ready.

This new flag. xheat
Any similarity to any other nation's is merely coincidental - the vertical and horizontal lines echo the old Moisantia flag, while the yellow diagonal lines are a tribute the X logo from the Surovia flag...

But of course, if @randajad wishes to discuss future coalitions, our door is always open :D

theditz83

Veteran
For Congrats 20, there is one song that I just can't get out of my head and I feel it deserves a second chance. xheat

::moi CONGRATS 20 ENTRY
Originally from NSC 195
W&W x AXMO ft. Sonja - Rave Love

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
MOISANTIA-IN-THE-20-TH-DECADE.png

theditz83

Veteran
NSC 21st DECADE INCOMING... xyaay

For NSC 201, Moisantia celebrates the dawning of a new shared goal - Moisantia + Surovia joined in partnership. With the collaboration of our talent artists across the whole nation, the lyrics of our next entry will say it all...

::moi NSC 201 ENTRY ::moi
PVRIS - You and I

maxresdefault.jpg

I know it's warmer where you are
And it's safer by your side
But right now I can't be what you want
Just give it time

And if you and I
Can make it through the night
And if you and I
Can keep our love alive, we'll find
We can meet in the middle

Bodies and souls collide
Dance in the moonlight
When all the stars align
For you and I, for you and I

Oooh...

Well it's cold when we're apart
And I hate to feel this die
But you can't give me what I want
Just give it time

And if you and I
Can make it through the night
And if you and I
Can keep our love alive, we'll find
We can meet in the middle

Bodies and souls collide
Dance in the moonlight
When all the stars align

Oooh...

But for now, we stay so far
'Til our lonely limbs collide
I can't keep you in these arms
So I'll keep you in my mind (Reaching out)
But for now, we stay so far (Can't feel you now)
'Til our lonely limbs collide (Reaching out)
I can't keep you in these arms (Can't feel you now)
So I'll keep you in my mind

Can we meet in the middle
Bodies and souls collide
Dance in the moonlight
When all the stars align

Oooh...

theditz83

Veteran
For 202, I did originally have another returning producer lined-up with an absolutely storming track, but that will have to wait until 203 because right now...

jim-taggart.jpg

::moi MOISANTIA NSC 202 ::moi
Sorana & David Guetta - redruM
image005.jpg

Lyrics:

Done done done, done done do-done

Emergency room, they said bruises on the heart
What can I do, I tried everything so far
I called 911 from a telephone booth
I said, "Help her, she's dying from hearing the truth"
I made her suffer, have you read the news
That she had a lover and I love him too

What goes around comes back around
Sorry that he chose me now
Can't you hear, she's crying out

Redrum, redrum
Look what I did, look what I've done, done
Redrum, redrum
I took his heart, is that so wrong?

She's done done done, done done do-done
Crying redrum, redrum

Blood on the street, rumors spreadin' really fast
They talk about me, like I've done something so bad
I called 911 from a telephone booth
I said, "Help her, she's dying from hearing the truth"
Stop all the talking now, stop all the news
They love to judge me, ain't got any proof

Sorry that he chose me now
Can't you hear, she's crying out

Redrum, redrum
Redrum, redrum

Crying redrum, redrum

Redrum, redrum
Redrum, redrum

I took her lover and now that he's gone
Crying redrum, redrum

Redrum, redrum
(Redrum, redrum)
(Redrum, redrum)
Redrum, redrum

theditz83

Veteran
Legendary ::moi producer returns with a gorgeous anthemic EDM ballad-banger (a phrase we are now trademarking... :lol: )

After my marriage, the lyrics to this song took on a lot more meaning for sure xlove

::moi MOISANTIA NSC 203 ::moi
Gareth Emery feat. Annabel - You'll Be Okay

Lyrics:
I was made to live this life
And live is what I've done
Found a warmth throughout the night
Saw hope where there was none
But I know the light could fade from my eyes
My plane could fall from the sky
The world could tell me, this is my time

I count my blessings every day
Had more than I deserve
Sing this song when I am gone
I'll be in every word
But I know the light could fade from my eyes
My plane could fall from the sky
The world could tell me, this is my time

And if I should die here tonight
Darling, know that you saved my life
Felt your love every day
Not a thing I would change
And I know you'll be ok

And I know you'll be ok
And I know you'll be ok

And if I should die here tonight
Darling, know that you saved my life
Felt your love every day
Not a thing I would change
And I know you'll be ok​

theditz83

Veteran
Full thanks for NSC 203 will follow soon, but for now an announcement about our NSC 204 act...

3-1.jpg

::moi will be sending The Wanted to NSC 204 as a tribute to their late band member Tom Parker, who sadly died on 30th March 2022 of complications arising from a grade 4 glioblastoma (brain cancer). I was lucky enough to see the band perform live on a reunion tour at the start of March in Glasgow, and while Tom wasn't there on the night due to his ongoing treatment, the camraderie and love that his bandmates expressed throughout the show as they each took it in turns to sing his lines in his absence was such a beautiful and emotional thing to witness.

To see such a fun-loving, charasmatic and bright young man cut-down in his prime is so devastating that I feel it is my duty to bring The Wanted back to NSC so that another one of their songs can hopefully find some new love from the community. Tom leaves behind his wife, Kelsey, and two young children and I'm sure his The Wanted bandmates will continue his legacy into the future.

The exact song that we'll send is still being decided and will be posted in this thread when I've worked out the most fitting tribute. A difficult task when their back catalogue is so jam-packed with hits!

RIP dear Tom, gone but never forgotten... :(

274874509_643084943623410_4221444832772016183_n.jpg

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
So I have agonised over the perfect song to send as a tribute to Tom - I wanted to go with one that captured the band's cheeky, fun-loving and party vibe as well as giving Tom himself a starring role, and after all things were considered, there was only one choice that felt right...

The first verse from Tom here puts everything perfectly in perspective after his struggles over the past couple of years... "I'm better, so much better, I see the light, touch the light, we're together now..."

Rest in Peace, Tom - your music and smile will live on forever xlove

Tom-Parker.png

::moi MOISANTIA NSC 204 ::moi
THE WANTED - CHASING THE SUN

Lyrics:

I'm better, so much better now
I see the light, touch the light, we're together now
I'm better, so much better now
Look to the skies, gives me life, we're together now

We've only just begun, hypnotized by drums
Until forever comes
You'll find us chasing the sun
They said this day wouldn't come, we refused to run
We've only just begun

Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
And when they say life's faded (Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh)
We're gonna play in the dark 'til it's golden again (Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh)
And now it feels so amazing (Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh)
Can't see it coming, I will never grow old again (Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh)

I'm never, I'm never down
Lying here, staring up, and you're looking down
I'm never, I'm never down
Live forever, forever with you around

We've only just begun, hypnotized by drums
Until forever comes
They said this day wouldn't come, we refused to run
We've only just begun
(The sun, the sun, the sun, the sun, the sun)

Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh

(Chasing the sun)
(Chasing the sun)
(You'll find us chasing the sun)

Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
You'll find us chasing the sun​

Top Bottom