Contact us

🎶 MOISANTIA | NSC 225 | Erika Vikman - Elizabeth Taylor 🎶

theditz83

Veteran
Thanks to ::tan ::bal ::sol ::ros ::tuz ::svo ::noi ::kad Arködre and Griffin Empire for forming our crew of juries in this NF - we hope that you enjoyed the show!

And now, THE RESULTS:

7th place - 164 points

Shockingly the delegation's personal favourite ended in last place with our juries

6th place - 212 points
Some big names in this entry, but they couldn't push it higher in the ranking...

5th place - 256 points
Loads of people involved in this track too, but no Top 3 finish for...

4th place - 262 points
Two amazing Eurodance legends - one from Caballero and the other from Cappella - back with an epic new album. But not representing Moisantia in NSC 190...

3rd place - 294 points
Sexiness was not the order of the day, but it still grabbed a naughty bronze medal...

So we have 2 songs left, and in a shocking outcome...
THEY BOTH ENDED UP TIED FOR POINTS ON 356 POINTS!!

CHORALE - Lomalla

&

DCX - DON'T YOU GET ME LIKE THIS (Eurodance Mix)

After taking into account the votes from the ::moi tiebreak jury, there is a 5 point difference between the Top 2.

Click below for the full voting spreadsheet and to discover our winner!!

Last edited:

Mattan

This isn’t the first time someone from the same municipality as yours truly has been sent to NSC (Eicca Toppinen of Apocalyptica has lived there almost as long as I’ve been alive, and there may be others), but considering Chorale regularly pop up in local Facebook groups, this feels like targeted advertising. xexcuseme

Maybe there’s opportunity in starting a marketing partnership and expanding their audience to 60 glorious nations and however many are on the WL?

theditz83

Veteran
I've followed Chorale for a few years now, so I'm happy to finally share one of their songs with the NSC community. Hopefully they'll gain some new fans from across Natia this coming edition and they can start planning a promo tour whenever travel restrictions ease - they're already booked in for a club tour of Moisantia later in the year with DCX and Maxxima xheat

theditz83

Veteran
Eurodance survives - thanks so much for voting Chorale into the final, any result from here is a victory for me since it shows that enough people still enjoy the genre to make my core music taste relevant xup

That said, it's not all plain sailing in ::moi at the moment as while the majority of the nation is rejoicing in another NSC final, there is growing dissent being reported from the Southern regions (bordering the mountainous nomansland beyond the farming communities of the Creo Sir Plateau) with the regional broadcaster Surovia TV which covers theses regions demanding more of a voice in the selection process for NSC.

While it's common knowledge that Moisantia as a nation is a lover of pop and dance styles, with one of the largest songwriting academies for the genres across the whole of Natia currently under construction in Johan City, it's clear that there are diverse communities within the nation's regions that very much have their own identity and want to diversify Moisantia's musical heritage in the eyes of the NSC community.

The heads of delegation for both the NSC and WLSC selection committees are currently attending crisis talks with the central government to discuss the current dissatisfaction from our outer regions with the route that the nation has forged over the past couple of years, and we'll of course try to keep you fully updated on the matter as soon as any decisions are made.

In the interest of fairness and unity, we are giving the recently introduced Surovian regional anthem a voice in this thread with a live performance broadcast recently seen on the Southern Regions' most popular late night chat show. We should also maintain, however, that Moisantia remains a united nation and there is no interest in discussing any matters to do with independence of Surovia.

Together we are stronger. Thanks for reading xlove

SUROVIAN REGIONAL ANTHEM
Future Islands - Seasons (Waiting For You)

Barish

We cannot guarantee to back Surovian voices but Surovian regional anthem is a bop and Future Islands has long been scoring high places in Effiland's music charts. We are ready to offer our help to solve this crisis if needed or asked.

theditz83

Veteran
We cannot guarantee to back Surovian voices but Surovian regional anthem is a bop and Future Islands has long been scoring high places in Effiland's music charts. We are ready to offer our help to solve this crisis if needed or asked.
Thanks Barish, Effiland's offer of assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated! But talks, while still in the early stages, are progressing well with the Surovian delegation and we are confident that it will lead to a clearer and more harmonious selection process for NSC and WLSC in the future xlove

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM CENTRAL MOISANTIAN GOVERNMENT
Re: Moisantia NSC Future Decades Initiative (MNFDI)

Moi.png
Sur.png

(the flags of Moisantia and regional Surovia)

Following the discussions between the Moisantia Central Government and representatives from the Surovian Regional Authority, we can now provide details of the framework that has been put forward to ensure an amicable and properous joint future for the nation in terms of its musical presence in NSC.

Firstly, we announce the creation of a brand new organisation based in Surovia - SuGO Distribution. Led by the chief executive of Surovia TV, Axel Wellford, this new entity will be in charge of the selection and promotion of all future Surovian artists and songs that take part in NSC and WLSC under the Moisantia flag.

The Moisantian NSC Delegation (MND) and SuGO Distribution will therefore share responsibility for selecting Moisantia's entries on a rotational basis as follows:

1st Step: Surovian Representative (editions ending XX1, XX4, XX7)
(led by SuGO Distribution, under the flag of Moisantia)
2nd step: Moisantian Representative (editions ending XX2, XX5, XX8)
(led by the MND, with collaborative creative and promotional duties undertaken by SuGO Distribution)
3rd step: Joint Moisantian & Surovian Representative (editions ending XX3, XX6, XX9)
(both the MND and SuGO Distribution will have 50/50 input into the artist selection and song promotion)
Bonus step (only every XX0 edition): Results-based Representative
(the delegation or delegations that achieved the highest average results across their 3 editions will gain the bonus prize of selecting Moisantia's End of Decade representative)

MOISUR-FDI-IMAGE.png

The above rotational schedule applies to NSC only - for WLSC, Surovia will have the option of sending one representative every 5 editions (one between XX1-XX5 and one between XX6-XX0).

We thank the Surovian Authorities and SuGO Distribution for their input and cooperation and we look forward to this new era of collaboration to strengthen and diversify the music industry of Moisantia in the NSC/WLSC decades to come.

Following this announcement, Axel Wellford, the new CEO of SuGO Distribution gave an exclusive interview to MTV's primetime news channel, and we have an exclusive transcript of the interview here:

Axel-Wellford.jpg

(Axel Wellford, the new CEO of SuGO Distribution, responsible for selecting the Surovian representatives for Moisantia in NSC & WLSC)

Interviewer: Congratulations on your new role at the newly established SuGO Distribution!
Axel: Thanks so much - this is an amazing opportunity for the music scene in Moisantia's Southern regions and it gives Surovia the chance to really start to promote its own identity and art to the wider Natian audience. We're all very excited!

Interviewer: So what can we expect from Surovia in NSC and WLSC?
Axel: We like to refer to the music that our artists will promote in the contests as "independent grooves". It's not a complete breakaway from Moisantia's focus on strong pop melodies and infectious beats, but we think that our artists can bring a fresher and more unique take on what has come before with more alternative production and songwriting techniques. We're so excited to share our music with all of the other nations and of course, to further expand the tapestry of Moisantia's musical heritage in relation to NSC.

Interviewer: So do you see Moisantia straying further from the inner Pot A sphere with Surovia's greater input?
Axel: I think it's unlikely that our songs will only find fans in Pot A but that's not to say that we discount the tastes of those voters. If I had to give an indication of where our songs might fit best, I guess I'd say they are somewhere between the inner and outer Pot 5 groups. In fact, two past NSC entries that have really had massive success across our media and streaming platforms are ::ora Orangualia 182 (Rezz & Grabbitz - Someone Else) and ::com Comino 109 (St. Vincent - Digital Witness).

Interviewer: Any hints on any artists that have already expressed an interest in being Moisantia's debut Surovian representative?
Axel: Just to reconfirm, our artists will still be considered Moisantian representatives - just with a Surovian twist since our delegation will have the final say on their songs and presentations. But to answer your question, even though we can't reveal any future plans right now, I want to add that our artists have had exposure in NSC previously for Moisantia - our NSC 164 entry by SUBTRKT ft. Ezra Koenig was the first purely Surovian-promoted entry that Moisantia accepted for the contest, but we've also had some decent creative input during the song-writing process for Bim (NSC 95) and Robinson (NSC 170).

Interviewer: And what about your joint entries? Will they be collaborations or different styles again?
Axel: Back when we started analysing the streaming charts from both MTV and Surovia TV, we identified a number of common artists and songs that had great success across both audiences, so it will make sense to work in partnership for some entries. I guess if you look at these songs, they have a slightly more mainstream feel, but with that uniquely Surovian edge. It's so hard not to give spoilers for you guys!

Interviewer: Oh, go on! Maybe a little example of any previous ::moi Moisantia entries that would fall into the MOI/SUR camp?
Axel: Umm, you know, I never really thought about examples from Moisantia's history that might fit under the collaboration banner. I guess you could say Robinson's track from NSC 170... Oh, and probably something more like "Kangaroo Court" by Capital Cities (NSC 102). Also the recent song from Tegan & Sara that represented ::nur in NSC 189 is a fair example of the combination of styles that we might go for. Yeah, they all seem to be the best indications, I guess.

Interviewer: Do you see a friendly rivalry evolving over time between the Moisantian and Surovian delegations to grab that end of decade spot?
Axel: Absolutely! Us Moisantians are a competitive bunch, but it's never with any malice behind it - we all just want to know that we have put forward our best acts and that those acts have been truly appreciated. And naturally, SuGO Distribution is really pushing for as many of our artists to grab that additional shot of exposure in NSC!

Interviewer: Of course, we can't forget the glorious WLSC community that Moisantia has been a big supporter of over recent years. We know from the announcement today that you'll have less input into that contest, so is it less important to you?
Axel: Not less important, but I guess when you are starting out on the road to expanding your fanbase across Natia, you have to target the largest audience, and our reach right now can only go so far. Over time, we may add additional input into the WLSC efforts, but we are more than happy for the Moisantian delegation to continue to have the greater say there since they can offer the larger financial backing. Let's see where our NSC journey takes us over the coming decades - it's definitely an exciting time for everyone and we can only see it as a good thing for the continued evolution of Moisantia's music industry as a whole!

Stay tuned for more news on this new era for ::moi and feel free to share your thoughts, questions or new just hopes for what we might see from the Surovian and joint representatives going forward ;)

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
Today, a handy graphic to show the flow of the FDI selection process has been released by MTV and SuGO Distribution (updated in the news post above and shown below):

MOISUR-FDI-IMAGE.png

Also, the joint delegations have revealed some key figure-heads who will act as ambassadors for each step the selection process - historically, these acts have all represented the very pinnacle of each delegations' musical tastes and ambitions in the NSC and WLSC contests and ::moi is proud to call on their promotional reach over social and traditional media channels xlove

Click each ambassador's photo below to relive their best performing entry in the contests for ::moi and get a better idea of what to expect from each delegation's selections going forward xup

MOISANTIA AMBASSADORS
Moi.png

Moisantia's ambassadors are Dinah Nah (NSC 150/WLSC 185) and KEiiNO (NSC 170/WLSC 193)

SUROVIA AMBASSADORS
Sur.png

Surovia's ambassadors are Frank Turner (NSC 96) and SUBTRKT (NSC 164)

MOI/SUR JOINT AMBASSADORS
MoiSur.png

The Moi/Sur joint ambassadors are Openside (NSC 168) and Robinson (NSC 170)

Last edited:

tuorem

I had heard rumours of Surovia asking for more representation behind the scenes a while ago, but little did I know there was an actual significant support behind that request. :oops: Nice to see all parties involved came to an arrangement, it's only fair that they get proper room to showcase their local talents! And internal competition can only benefit the whole country provided everyone plays fair. :)

Joint selections might be delicate though, especially since the system is brand new. Good luck to the respective teams. xcheerThis will be interesting to follow.

theditz83

Veteran
Today's update from MTV is something a little less intense compared with the past couple of days, but it needs a lot more interaction from you guys since the WLSC delegation has just announced that there will be a two song shoot-out for the ticket to WLSC 215 xheat

This mini-NF is being held by the ::moi delegation who have the selection responsibilities for the next edition. Look out for more Surovian involvement for WLSC 216 ;)

CALLING ALL WAITING LIST SONG CONTEST PARTICIPANTS!!!

Vote for your favourite song by simply reacting to this post with the relevant emoji (totally stealing Gaelle's idea from a couple of editions ago xlove)

For Baby Alice - Ice Cream click the "Like It" button (y)
For AronChupa & Little Sis Nora - Trombone click the "La La Love" button :love:

The song with the most reactions by 21:00CET on Sunday 14th March will be the winner and will represent ::moi at the next WLSC (edition 215)

Feel free to cheer on your favourite here, and thanks in advance for all your votes xyaay

WLSC-215-SHOOT-OUT.png

SONG 1: Baby Alice - Ice Cream

SONG 2: Aronchupa & Little Sis Nora - Trombone

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
Well this is awkward! Thanks to all the voters so far...

Griffin Empire, Effiland, Gringotts, ::sol ::tan ::big

With an even number of voters so far, it's the ultimate Catch 22 situation as both songs are on 3 votes each xstars

C'mon all you WLSC participants! Stan Baby Alice with a 👍🏻 and stan AronChupa & Little Sis Nora with a xlove

theditz83

Veteran
12 voters in now and we're still facing a dead-heat - each song has 6 votes xfaint

Keep the votes coming, but of course the ::moi delegation will have the final decision (*cough* random.org *cough*) if the dead-heat remains at the deadline.

I'm bringing the deadline forward to 21.00CET tomorrow (Saturday 13th March)

theditz83

Veteran
Sur.png

SuGO! Distribution is delighted to announce our first selection under the new FDI process for Moisantia, and we hope that you appreciate the vibe that it will bring to the Nation Song Contest 191. It's a departure from Moisantia's usual style, and it will hopefully give you a taste for future Surovian-backed entries!

Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome to the stage...

tUnE-yArDs

tune-yards-by-eliot-lee-hazel-4_wide-2fca95283d4e50555496a2bfea91e0972d35b82d.jpg

Based out of Oakland, California, this dynamic duo of Merrill Garbus (vocals, loop pedals, guitars and lo-fi percussion) and Nate Brenner (bass) started working together back in 2006 and have become well-known for their experimental style centred around layered loops and complex, often discordant harmonies.

When asked about their upcoming performance in Doire for NSC 191, Merrill was notably enthused saying "Our sound will blow the cobwebs out of any nation's closet, so get ready for the hurricane!" (NOTE: this message is not sponsored by the :rs: Serbian ESC act for 2021 - rum-pum-pum!)

Their entry for Doire was featured in an episode of the Showtime drama "Nurse Jackie", and has become a massive commercial hit in Surovia, earning them a #2 hit in the region's airplay charts and featuring in a number of popular radio and TV commercials, including one for - of all things - ladies' lubricated razors. Because why not - no water in the water fountain, but you can still have silky smooth skin!

Be sure to let us know what you guys think of Surovia's first selection and we look forward to seeing the performance that Merrill and Nate bring to the stage in Doire over the coming weeks xup

::moi MOISANTIA NSC 191 (selected by Surovia) ::moi
tUnE-yArDs - WATER FOUNTAIN

Lyrics:
No water in the water fountain
No side on the sidewalk
If you say Old Molly Hare, whatcha doin' there?
Nothing much to do when you're going nowhere
Woohaw! Woohaw! Gotcha
We're gonna get the water from your house (your house)

No wood in the woodstock
And you say old Molly Hare, whatcha doin' there?
Nothing much to do when you're going nowhere
Woohaw! Woohaw! Gotcha

Nothing feels like dying like the drying of my skin and lawn
Why do we just sit here while they watch us wither til we're gone?
I can't seem to feel it
I can't seem to feel it
I can't seem to feel I'll kneel
I'll kneel I'll kneel the cold steel

You will ride the whip
You'll ride the crack
No use in fighting back
You'll sledge the hammer if there's no one else to take the flak
I can't seem to feel it
I can't seem to find it
Your fist clenched my neck
We're neck and neck and neck...

No phone in the phone booth
And you say old Molly Hare, whatcha doin' there
Jump back, jump back, Daddy shot a bear
Woohaw! Woohaw! Gotcha

I saved up all my pennies and I gave them to this special guy
When he had enough of them he bought himself a cherry pie
He gave me a dollar
A blood-soaked dollar
I cannot get the spot out
But it's okay it still works in the store

Greasy man come and dig my well
Life without your water is a burning hell
Serve me up with your home-grown rice
Anything make me shit nice
Se pou zanmi mwen, se pou zanmi mwen
And the two-pound chicken tastes better with friends