Contact us

🎶 MOISANTIA | Fin 🎶

theditz83

Veteran
Thanks so much to the 10 nations who voted in our secret NF - it was much appreciated!

After all the points were tallied, we had a clear winner, so our next NSC entry will be...

A track that is a reworked tribute to one of the most iconic viral dance hits from the early days of digital music. That track was DJ Mangoo's "Eurodancer" and our entry is...

::moi MOISANTIA NSC 177 ::moi
Alan Walker, K-391, Tungevaag & Mangoo - PLAY

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
xheatxheatxheat my favorite winning

theditz83

Veteran
Once again, thank you to all of the wonderful voters who supported Alan Walker, K-391, Tungevaag & Mangoo in NSC 177. I was delighted to qualify, but to finish in my favourite PQ position (6th) was an unexpected little treat after a few DNQs so thank you all so much for being impeccably tasteful xcheer xpray

And now for the gooooood stuff... NSC 178 will be my 6th PQ and it's rare that I've ever been able to break out of the bottom 5 on an edition I've PQ'd in. So I figured why not use this opportunity to share with you a lovely people a little NF with 6 absolute tunes from the 90s (well 4 from the 90s and 2 from the very early noughties) that meant a great deal to teen ditz as he was growing up and I have always had on my potential entry playlist but have just never found the right time to send them.

Now shall be one of these entry's time! If you want to take part (and why wouldn't you?) then send me over your votes in a private conversation using the scale 12 - 8 - 5 - 3 - 2 - 1

Deadline for votes is Saturday 8th February at midday (12:00) CET

Song 1: 2wo third3 - I Want The World

I don't recall any other songs by this group, but if you're gonna have one song to put out into the world it then you gotta be sure that it packs an enormous punch! This song was one of my most played songs on the Now 29 compilation - I almost wore the cassette out (yep, a cassette!)

Song 2: Erasure - Don't Say Your Love Is Killing Me
Erasure are pop-electro icons from the 80s and 90s and have had their fair share of legendary tracks that still grace many a wedding reception across the country (A Little Respect and Sometimes being probably the most popular). However, for me it's their mid 90s tracks that hit the sweet spot, and I was torn between this often forgotten gem and the amazing "Always". In the end, I figured I'd showcase this one since it enjoyed only moderate chart success and probably deserves the chance to shine a little more ;)

Song 3: Samantha Mumba - Always Come Back To Your Love
Okay, so this one is going rogue a little being from early 2001, but in this Eurovision pre-season phase when we are deep in all the rumour and hope and revelation on who may be chosen as the country's representative, Ireland and Samantha Mumba are never far from my mind. This perfect slice of pop perfection has been one of my absolute favourite mid-tempo pop tracks since it was released a little under 20 years ago, and it still packs the same sweetly melodic punch today as it did the first time I heard it

Song 4: Pet Shop Boys - Absolutely Fabulous
Joanna Lumley & Jennifer Saunders are TV legends in my eyes. And together, they made one of the most hilariously oddball TV comedies I've ever had the pleasure to watch. This odd little tribute track produced by Pet Shop Boys and featuring excerpts from the show gained reasonable chart success and I remember rushing to the Our Price music store in my town on the Monday after school in 1994 to by the cassette single for 99p (about a fifth of my weekly pocket money back then, so a big investment - and worth every penny!)

Song 5: North & South - I'm A Man Not A Boy
In a time when boy bands were ten a penny and dominated a massive proportion of the UK charts, North & South were something a little bit different. A bit geeky, a bit of an oddball mix of guys who don't look like they'd ordinarily hang out, but that intrigued me. And this 1997 debut burst into my head with such gusto and brash quirkiness that it still makes me smile to this day! The lead singer was also a dish ;)

Song 6: Bosson - One In A Million (The Mystics Remix)
Another early noughties track which I could tell you that I discovered when I toured Sweden with the National Youth Choir of Scotland in Sweden and purchased Bosson's debut album and a*teens Teen Spirit in Stockholm (which I did). But let's face it - one of the classic movies from the era brought this awesome remix of Bosson's iconic track into my life. I'm also shocked that no other nation has sent it before now! Thank you Sandra Bullock and thank you Miss Congeniality xlove

Full Playlist (just an FYI, Ab Fab has about 28 seconds of dead space at the start of it)

Thanks in advance for your votes and I hope you enjoy the songs as much as I do! Jeez, I can't believe some of these are now over 25 years old... I'm going to be in a rocking chair soon :lol:

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
remove that one and move the rest up. :D

theditz83

Veteran
Two days left everyone!! Don't let your favourite song down! xwait xcheer

Thanks to ::ros for the points as well xup

Current points:

1st - 42
2nd - 35
3rd - 32
4th - 32
5th - 24
6th - 21

theditz83

Veteran
Thanks so much to ::sol ::tan ::svo ::big ::nbs ::ros ::bal ::doi for their votes - the winner seemed to be a marmite entry with 4 :12: and 4 :2: votes, but the win was clear in the end.

Sandra approves and is floored...

source.gif

Full result grid:
Screenshot-20200207-230915.jpg

But wait... Time for a plot twist!
Turns out that for some reason, I've missed the Bosson track in the database when checking the entries and I cannot send it as it was previously in NSC 6.

So our second place entry takes the honour instead...

::moi MOISANTIA NSC 178 entry ::moi
PET SHOP BOYS - Absolutely Fabulous

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
I swear I checked the database for artist "Bosson" and no entries came up. Has the database been playing up?

Guess it's over to Pet Shop Boys then... Will send that over when I have a sec David :oops:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
oh wonderful. My fave DSQ'ed for the one I liked the least. xheart

theditz83

Veteran
Hey lovely NSC crew. I've been pondering over our next entry, and I've decided that I may finally hold my planned 80s NF - basically, I hold such a soft spot for the big Hi-NRG style anthemic pop-electro songs from the 80s and I have a few that I would love to share...

So if I was to hold an NF for 179 with 6 80s tracks, would there be any interest from anyone in voting? I know the likes of @Veliky and @esc87fan (and possibly a few more like @Fearnavigatr ) may possibly find some enjoyment in the thought, but just curious as to the appeal. I could shelf the plans and revert to an internal selection instead, but keen to hear who would be interested in helping out ;)

Top Bottom