Contact us

🌾 WV BOWIE 124 🌾 SEMI FINAL 2 | DEADLINE: 25th May | 20:00CEST (Votes to AshleyWright)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ausesken

Congrats to the qualifiers! xcheer Thank you for making :es: qualify again xlove

Great show again, Ashley :D as Gera said yesterday, I'm glad I was the first one :lol:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Congratulations :ba:!

daniels1000

I've just realized that actually 3 of my 6 Swiss entries so far have been shoegaze/post-rock and they all failed, that's pretty disappointing tbh :( And second-last is pretty certainly my worst result ever in 123 participations in WV :eek: Thanks to the few of you who voted for :ch: though xheart

:12: :lv: :(
:8: :ca:
:6: :tr:
:5: :hr:
:3: :au:
:1: :pe:

I lost both of my 12 pointers in the semifinals... meh

Gogerko

I realized I didn't get through the moment AshleyWright said he made a mistake.....I guess he forgot to put Croatia so he had to put me in the last "box" with 2 more countries.......but it happens. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Anyway....i'm quite sad that the only time I got through was with the english song even though that was one of the weakest entries I sent.

Sorry also for:

:7: Latvia
:5: Finland
:3: Denamrk
:1: Quebec

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
NQs:

12 :D
10 :D
8 :ca:
7 ::queb
6 :D
5 :tr:
4 :D
3 :D
2 :ir:
1 :dk:

Sultana

Hey! Cant believe i qualified! Yay slay Marmara! Thanks to everyone who voted for Selam and Congrats to the rest qualifiers

Mainshow

Veteran
Congrats to all qualifiers!

My votes :nl: (NQ) (REJU)
:12: :fi: Finland
:10: :au: Australia
:6: :hr: Croatia
:2: :lv: Latvia

6/10 is quite a decent result but :fi: and :au: would have been my Top 2 in the final as well. "Pan" is like the best Nightwish song since "Song Of Myself". My Symphonic Metal Soul just died a little.

Milos-BC

Congratulations to all the qualifiers and good luck in the final.

Thanks to everyone who voted for :fi: and to Ashley for another great show.

ShoeFlo

I want to apologize for not voting as REJU... I didn't do it for ages anyway, but this time I actually planned to do it again. However, I realized too late the deadline was at 20:00 and not 23:59 so when I was ready to create my voting the voting lines were closed already xcrazy
Looking at the result I might have saved Finland... then again, I obviously don't know who is the REJU qualifier and if I would have supported that too or even more than Finland. xthink

Latvia seemed to have an excellent draw but apparently not excellent enough :( Failing with 63 points is probably hard to swallow

Switzerlands result is literally painful. It was a risky entry with low prospect of doing well.. but second-last place feels like an insult :(

Results look generally very bad, but luckily in SF1 nearly all my favs made it apart of myself. The final shall be a good one and I am already sure about my 12

Milos-BC

I want to apologize for not voting as REJU... I didn't do it for ages anyway, but this time I actually planned to do it again. However, I realized too late the deadline was at 20:00 and not 23:59 so when I was ready to create my voting the voting lines were closed already xcrazy
Looking at the result I might have saved Finland... then again, I obviously don't know who is the REJU qualifier and if I would have supported that too or even more than Finland. xthink

Latvia seemed to have an excellent draw but apparently not excellent enough :( Failing with 63 points is probably hard to swallow

Switzerlands result is literally painful. It was a risky entry with low prospect of doing well.. but second-last place feels like an insult :(

Results look generally very bad, but luckily in SF1 nearly all my favs made it apart of myself. The final shall be a good one and I am already sure about my 12

I am glad to hear that you liked the Finnish song, at least to a degree :) I also liked the :is: entry, it was in my top 5 in semi 1. Unfortunately, I think the draw didn't work in favor of these two songs and if :is: was in semi 2 and :fi: in semi 1, I think both songs would've made the cut. That's how it plays out sometimes :D

Nightwish will return at some point in the future, but at the moment, there are other acts that I will push for :fi: in the upcoming editions.

Uto

Veteran

I think I know how you feel. I came last with a similar song in that it too was very risky and non-poppy. I don't mind coming last if the song itself is a bit naff, but in this case I thought I deserved much more. In such a state of mind, it kind of hurts to see absolute bullshit progressing even though this normally doesn't bother me.

I didn't help your case unfortunately, it finished a couple places outside of the points. Thought it was just too much afloat, ie background music.

Ausesken

I know how you feel, I have experienced that as well, but I demand respect for other people's entries and other people's music taste. It's ok you don't like it, but there are less offensive ways to say it. You will notice in this community there's a tacit agreement of being as respectful as possible to each other, and this includes their music choices.

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
I know how you feel, I have experienced that as well, but I demand respect for other people's entries and other people's music taste. It's ok you don't like it, but there are less offensive ways to say it. You will notice in this community there's a tacit agreement of being as respectful as possible to each other, and this includes their music choices.

I know what you mean, Olga. We can't forget this is a community and not a world war. And some people sound as if what we like and vote for is less important/inferior?? Than what others do? People just have the right of having their own taste regardless of how we feel about our friends, it's the songs that count. In a community we certainly have the right as you said to express our disagreement, being disappointed for not qualifying, we all know what it feels like and so on, but sometimes it sounds as if we had superior masters here who know better than others what quality is? :lol: *yawns*. Having your own taste doesn't mean you can treat others' taste as s*it. Thank goodness I'm a good friend of people who have the opposite taste of mine. That's the feeling of belonging to a community.

Last edited:

Uto

Veteran
Admitting that I thought some songs were 'absolute bullshit' is offensive to you? Well, I'm telling you, such politeness should not be demanded of me, because it will not be given. If I can't speak truths I'd rather be silent, but in silence there is no room for understanding. So I say what I want to say and most often that is very much just my feelings about something put into words. If people disagree with what I say, well, there's no harm in disagreement. We are all tolerant human beings I would assume. Furthermore, I was not singling anyone or any song out. It should be no surprise that in a set of 50 songs some of them are not rated at all by someone. I was speaking of my own experience and that I find some songs to be a total waste of time should offend no one. Tolerating such entries is what is required to enjoy the rest of it and I enjoy it very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom