Contact us

🌴 🥥 WV KAUAI 139 🌺 🍃 GRAND FINAL | RESULTS pg 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
thank you kai and anna for the adorbs work!

and thank you for the semi win!!

tumblr_p9jd76DQLZ1u0gc23o1_400.gifv

Evangeline

Now it's time to thank all of you who voted for Munisa and Rayhon!! xheart I appreciate all of your votes so much! You helped underdog Uzbekistan get their best result ever!

:12::tr: @EscTurkey :west: @AshleyWright
:10::il: @Amir :kr: @anaraqueen :nl: @NikolaiMoller :seou: @Steffan
:8::cali: @marc
:7::susa: @Gera11
:6::ba: @Journalist
:5:::cata @empo21 ::cors @Morocco2021 :ua: @Uvaro
:4::au: @revallsay :cn: @Charly :rs: @Sultana
:3::be: @theditz83 ::mw @Uto :nrwe: @Staewi :se: @theCONWEL
:2::de: @FabiESC :hu: @Gabor77 ::sudo @Mike
:1:::ceca @Arion ::hamb @Mainshow ::ostl @Fierro

It's nice to come back with a BAM! You can safely expect more hot bops from Uzbopistan in the future xheat

OFPW.gif

Ausesken

Congrats :kant: and Flo!! xcheer Nice winner, it managed to get into my top 10 in a final that has been strong for my taste.

Thank you very much to all the points for :es: xheart I followed the results show while I was reading a book so I didn't thank you one by one, but I truly appreciate every single point. I didn't expect to qualify to start with, and neither that I'd get more than 100 points in the final. As I stated in my green room (and then deleted because I didn't want to inspire pity in the voting), I wanted to send this song months ago, as I thought the lyrics were very relatable for me due to not saying goodbye to my grandma, of which I still feel terribly sorry. Right when I wanted it to be my main entry, my dad died and decided I was not ready to share that song in such a moment (and instead I sent a song with a very positive message -Juntos by Paloma San Basilio- as a way to cheer me up a bit). After 4 months, I found I was ready to share it with you, and I'm glad some of you liked it xheart.

Special mention to Brittany and :kr: for delivering my favourite songs this edition xheart Ophelia is a gorgeous song; I didn't know it but loved it from the first listening. And I'm glad I finally discovered a K-pop song that I wanted to listen to repeatedly xheat You know I'm not really into k-pop music, but of course it depends on the song and this proves it XD. Congratulations for your 3rd and 4th place, guys xcheer.

Finally, a shout-out to our host team this edition. @RainyWoods and @Stargazer , thank you for such an outstanding and memorable hosting :love: I must say I still have no clue about Animal Crossing :lol: despite this, I've LOVED the theme! So colourful, so funny...

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I'm in shock. What a delightfully charming winner. I didn't see this coming. There's something so enchantingly nostalgic about that melody. I'm a sucker for these lush Japanese soundtrack pieces of yesteryear. Gorgeous. Big well done Flo, and a fitting winner for such a sugary sweet edition xheart

Congratulations as well to Nicholas and Ana. Again, two lovely songs xheat Well deserved medals!

:12: :ar: :it: :bcol:
:10: ::moun :gr: :lond:
:8: :svea: :ca: :kant: ::vstl
:7: 💎
:6: 💎
:5: :au: ::oslo :no:
:4: ::cors :lv:
:3: 💎
:2: ::smal
:1: Brittany

Top 10 with Judee Sill is amazing! What a gift. Thank you very much. So many big numbers there. It's been over five years since I shared Judee's The Kiss with you here (perhaps my favourite song of all time) and I was reluctant to share her again. Finally with this PQ I was like "come on" and I'm so pleased this obscure 70s psych-folk artist whose work is deep in my heart enjoyed some appreciation again. A film about her life is releasing sometime this year (never could have imagined it in a million years) so I'm really excited about the prospect of Judee's small but stunning discography finally getting some long overdue recognition.

I have to say the biggest thank you of all to my cohost, Anna. I couldn't have done this without you. Your shows were so wonderful. You perfectly captured the theme (I know you're unfamiliar with Animal Crossing but you were working with trees and pretty flowers so I didn't feel too guilty hehe). I'm grateful for all of your hard work xheart The handmade scoreboards especially are gorgeous. It was a pleasure to team up with you. Thank you, legend!!!!!!

Poppy_NewHorizon.png
175px-Eugene_NL.png

And thank you for all the lovely comments. I'm glad the shows were appreciated. Bit of an odd, random theme but I love Animal Crossing so much. I hit rock bottom last year but a few minutes fishing, digging up fossils for my dinosaur museum and talking to a frog about her love of reading books each day kept my sanity intact.. almost. Now if only my actual island was as organised as these banners.

Last edited:

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Thank you Kai and Anna for a very nice hosting down in Animal Crossing's world, both of your graphics were wonderful. Gave me DS nostalgia back when it wasn't #hip xheart

Not a fan of the song either but congrats :kant: for winning and bringing back the hosting to Japan.
And thank you to those who supported ::kans in the semi xlove

cegs5

Congrats Flo on you winning! Lovely song indeed! Also, well done Nicholas and Ana on your medals xheart

Kai and Anna, thank you so much for delivering such an entertaining show! The concept, the graphics, the execution... everything was tip top xbow

... and thank you everyone who voted for :ar: 15th place - not bad! Great to see quite a few voters in both semi and Grand Final! Happy to have shared it with you allxlove

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Congrats Flo on you winning! Lovely song indeed! Also, well done Nicholas and Ana on your medals xheart

Kai and Anna, thank you so much for delivering such an entertaining show! The concept, the graphics, the execution... everything was tip top xbow

... and thank you everyone who voted for :ar: 15th place - not bad! Great to see quite a few voters in both semi and Grand Final! Happy to have shared it with you allxlove
Thank you so much! xlove Wish I could have given you a few points in the final as well, but there were just too many songs. :(

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Congrats :kant: and Flo! Not one of my favourites this edition, but the majority has spoken! I would've preferred Greece, now that song was quite the experience xheat

Thank you for 13th place, some really juicy points there, I will thank each and everyone tomorrow as I'm writing from mobile right now and it's quite annoying to compile a list. Some unexpected blankings though, I thought some of them would enjoy an entry of this style but I suppose they talk the talk but not walk the walk. Was it because of it being a #1 billboard song? Who knows tbh. Anyway, 13th place is a great placement for an entry I wasn't sure if it can even stand a chance to push through semis because of that scandal music video. I basically picked it because I just discovered it a few days before my birthday and I thought it's fits as my 26th bday anthem, cause I'm definitely riding that bar to hell, if it actually exists. Just like Wig, it had to be part of my WV collection 😈

As for our hosts, good lord you delivered a flawless Animal Crossing edition and the best advertisement for this game, Nintendo should be paying you royalties right now hehe. Much love to you, Mr. Rainy Albert and Anna 💕

And happy easter to my balkan (and eastern European) buds! 🐣

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I wanted to send this song months ago, as I thought the lyrics were very relatable for me due to not saying goodbye to my grandma, of which I still feel terribly sorry. Right when I wanted it to be my main entry, my dad died and decided I was not ready to share that song in such a moment (and instead I sent a song with a very positive message -Juntos by Paloma San Basilio- as a way to cheer me up a bit). After 4 months, I found I was ready to share it with you, and I'm glad some of you liked it xheart.

Thank you so much for sharing it with us, I was very touched by it and it felt like you opened your heart for everyone in this community in your moment of vulnerability. I also thought of my grandfather who I didn't have the chance to speak one last time with and how I wouldn't even have known what to actually say. Getting a bit too emoshen tonight for some reason.

🧡💛🧡

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Thank you so much for sharing it with us, I was very touched by it and it felt like you opened your heart for everyone in this community in your moment of vulnerability. I also thought of my grandfather who I didn't have the chance to speak one last time with and how I wouldn't even have known what to actually say. Getting a bit too emoshen tonight for some reason.

🧡💛🧡

I have to second this. I would have given the song big points regardless as it was totally my kind of thing, but seeing the lyrics Olga had shared turned it into an incredibly poignant entry. Straight away I knew where Olga was coming from with this song and it touched me really quite deeply. Made me think of my own loved ones I've lost recently and in the past. I never got to say goodbye also, and it's really painful.

I wish I could have given Sargento de hierro my 12 points, and it did cross my mind, but that Deen song has been my backup entry for the past few editions. I've listened to it constantly for months. My 10 here may as well have been a 12 too considering how much I loved the song. Thank you Olga for sharing it xheart xrose Hugs for you and hugs also for Gera xrunhug

CypriotGirl

Veteran
Fell asleep during the results show last night, waking up now to find out that the top 2 was my top 2 from semi 2 and my :8: and :7: in the final (btw :ar: that I placed below them in the semi finally became my :12: in the final) and that my entry avoided bottom 5! Big congrats Flo on your win with such a lovely tune, and very happy for places #2 & #3 Niko getting his best result ever and Ana that sent a k-pop I stan (I liked Mike's k-pop a bit more this time ;)).

Thanks to the remaining people who voted for :cy:!

Journalist

Congratulations to the winner Kanto! xheart

cEegd8TDPdR6Qq2dGcH6GqL6O7BUxzt6EieXd9Yr29Sz0ALcEIXhidCtVgWHO5cKamKC78pQTNxNSx21hfd_I32UKi2E-nGI6OHtxdDZoyvI_dQG6tqI7Q

Apollo wants to say: "THANK YOU GUYS!"
The edition was excellent - well done for our hosts! Something really spectacular and fabulous! BRAVO xrosexcheerxheart

Thank you so much for your points for DEEN & Verena. The place is great and I'm really glad that this duo made great job on this stage and that many of you love it! I hope that you'll keep listening to the song. :mrgreen:

8th place, 132 pts

:12: :us::rs::nl: xheartxheartxheart
:10: :west::tr:::sudo
:8: :be::kr:
:7: :cn::de:
:6: ::cata:il::nrwe:
:5: -
:4: :susa::jp:::moun
:3: :cali:
:2: :fi:
:1: :es:

Once again, thank you so much! For everyone who voted for Bosnia and Herzegovina in the semi-final and final as well. xheart
For the next edition, I have two songs on my mind (for now). Beautiful ballad VS spanish-bosnian BOP xcheer

P. S.

Fierro

Thank you so much Kai and Anna for this colorful, bright and fun show! You did great job, can't imagine how many hours you had to spent.

Congratulations to Kanto and Florian, now it's your time to shine xup Not the biggest fan of this song though, would prefer :kr: or ::brit to win

ShoeFlo

Thanks so much for your support that gave me my 4th WV win xcheer

I am susprised and baffled, I thought my previous entry of Ryuichi Sakamoto would be my big shot for the win. Yuugure I believed would end up around 15-20th place.... but it seems like I managed to evoke some nostalgic feelings in the WV community which was my goal. I am happy to have shared this with you and look forward to present you more facets of the exciting Japanese music scene in the future. Even some songs with lyrics :eek: xcrazy Yuugure is such a cute little gem that melts my heart again and again and I am super happy it got me a PQ cause the next entry I've planned to send desperately needed a PQ

However, what a shame the Malawian premium potato production with a girl twerking in front of the Windows desktop picture didnt get the recognition it deserves xcry

and a big shout-out to the great host team...What a refreshing, quirky and adorable theme, high-level visuals and sweet ideas like the SF results show with those country fruits xheat I didnt expect anything less, Kai is one of the hosting masters who always manages to put a smile on my face with his shows.

:12: :uz: xheart xheart xheart
:10: ::cors :fi: :pl: ::smal :svea: :ua: xheart xheart
:8: :cy: :jp: :lv: ::oslo xheart
:7: :ar: :bcol: :ca: :gr: :us: ::vstl
:5: :tw:
:4: ::brit
:3: :lond:
:2: :es: :no:
:1: :sc:

Unfortunately I have to refuse hosting, since I've been quite busy with a lot of projects recently, I pass it to Nicholas (congrats btw xheart isn't this your best result ever?) who would have deserved the victory as much as I did. Your entry, Nicholas, gave me goosebumps.

Uto

Veteran
However, what a shame the Malawian premium potato production with a girl twerking in front of the Windows desktop picture didnt get the recognition it deserves xcry
Yeah I don't know what's happening man. ana gave it 12 points. Is logical of course, given that she's Brazilian, but I mean you'd expect others to learn from her but alas.

Nicholas123

Oops. Sorry guys, i would really like to host, but it is not the right timing for me to put all my energy into this. So, Ana will u host? :mgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom