Contact us

Cydoni-Gibberia - NSC 219 - 200 CONSECUTIVE ENTRIES

Charly

We having a georgian fest together

Sean

Admin
Staff member
CYGOVISION IS BACK!

After almost twenty editions, Cydoni-Gibberia will return to our famous national selection once more!

Tonight, eight songs will compete for the right to represent Cydoni-Gibberia and become our 196th entry in the Nation Song Contest. But who should it be?

Funk Shui - Meteori

MATVEÏ - TE NECESITO¡!

Malik Djoudi - Tempérament

Fly By Midnight - Nothing New

Arif x Karpe - (Åh) Tåmy, Tåmy

HYRA - Miss Understood

Chiamamifaro & Rovere - Sottacqua

León Cordero - Estampida

And that's all! So which act will represent Cydoni-Gibberia? It's up to YOU!

Send me your votes in the format 12 - 8 - 7 - 5 - 3 - 1 - 0 - 0 and you can help to decide our next star for NSC!

Thank you and start voting now! xrose

Last edited:

Sean

Admin
Staff member
CYGOVISION 215

8th - León Cordero - 3 pts
=6th - HYRA - 8 pts
=6th - Arif x Karpe - 8 pts
5th - Chiamimafaro & Rovere - 9 pts
4th - Malik Djoudi - 12 pts
3rd - MATVEI - 15 pts
2nd - Fly By Midnight - 24 pts

and the winner was of course

Funk Shui - Meteori - 29 pts

in NSC - 17th SF with 54 pts :confused: but thank you for the votes and support xrose

Sean

Admin
Staff member
NSC 216

I know this is now a very well known song, and I know she was literally a prequalifier last edition, but I discovered this song partway through last edition (before I realised she was representing Effiland) and something spoke to me in this song and I fell in love with its vibe. After okaying it with Barish, I've decided to send this regardless! Hope you enjoy xrose

Sean

Admin
Staff member
CygoFlag2023.png

15 years
3 victories and 3 hostings
10 top three finishes
41 top ten finishes
105 finals
...and now 200 consecutive entries!

Cydoni-Gibberia will reach an incredible landmark in NSC 219, and over the coming weeks we will celebrate by looking back at the highs and lows of the nation in this glorious contest. As for our 200th entry, stay tuned for a unique song that will celebrate a big part of Cydoni-Gibberia's culture that has remained untapped until now...​

Last edited:

Sean

Admin
Staff member
20-39

Best result: Yuksek – Extraball – 5th in NSC 38

Worst result: Utah Saints – Something Good 08 – 22nd SF in NSC 20

It all began with independence day – March 8th 2008. Cydoni-Gibberia became the newest nation birthed to Natia, having been granted independence from Arjastan in an amicable peace deal. The vibrant nation of 52 million people had been reborn from ancient Cydu tribal areas conquered in years past by Arjan explorers, and immediately sought to establish Cydu culture internationally. After joining the United Natians and the Natian football federations, the nation’s broadcaster CyGiTV was promptly installed as a member of the NBU and took one of the last vacant spots on the contest’s roster shortly after.

Cydoni-Gibberia debuted in the contest in the 20th edition, with the bright-eyed delegation heading to Fuel, the capital of Ugaly, with hopes high for continued success in the contest. Things started poorly, with Utah Saints finishing last in the semi-final on the nation’s maiden voyage in the contest. To this day, this remains one of only three last place finishes for Cydoni-Gibberia in the contest.

Things improved rapidly; the first qualification in NSC 21 saw Uniting Nations earn a 9th place finish for Cygo, as it affectionately and colloquially became known, before the iconic Pigloo’s “Moi J’aime Skier” followed up with another qualification in NSC 22.

Early entries tended to be orientated towards upbeat pop or dance, although some of the alternative tendencies Cygo would become known for were first shown in NSC 24, when InnerPartySystem established their name in Natia with the powerful electro-rock anthem “Don’t Stop”, earning a solid 18th place in the final in a pop-heavy competition, and encouraging the broadcaster to make more bold choices more often.

Results were intermittent, with qualification seemingly on a 50/50 basis, but it was not until the end of this period that Cydoni-Gibberia started to rack up more points. Röyksopp set the new highest finish for the country in NSC 36, with “Happy Up Here” narrowly missing out on the nation’s first prequalification. Two editions later, in NSC 38, Yuksek and his French electropop track “Extraball” achieved what many in the country thought impossible – a top five finish for the red, purple and yellow.

The nation rounded off this period with Enter Shikari’s “Juggernauts” as the first ever directly qualified entry into the final from Cydoni-Gibberia. The band finished 23rd, keeping their heads above the bottom five.

Results in full:

b2f752a.png

What is your favourite Cydu entry from this period?

Top Bottom