Contact us

Cydoni-Gibberia - NSC 219 - 200 CONSECUTIVE ENTRIES

SpZ

Re: CYGOVISION 92 - Because barely anyone does NFs anymore

can i be in the list of not certain voters?

Sean

Admin
Staff member

Potential Voters List:
Anselm
Strajker
Yoni

David
Jeff

Paper
Heiki

Luke
Infinite

Potentially Confirmed
Maybe Definite
Possibly Potential
Likes Bandwagons
Countable

Yoni

Potential Voters List:

David
Jeff

Paper
Heiki

Luke
HAYASTAN

hihi

Simon87

I wil vote in Cygo : D

doctormalisimo

I still cream myself thinking about Cygovision 78 [and my disappointment that the worst song won, but it was still good]

Jeffie

You can put me in green too :) I am thinking about making an NF too so we can make this an NF edition (if Zaprya makes one too :p)

Simon87

I will probably go again with blind nf

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Re: CYGOVISION 92 has begun! - DDL: 14/01/13 23:59 CET

Here we go guys! 12 songs are competing to become the 73rd entry for Cydoni-Gibberia for the contest in Sunland, but we need your help to decide which one should go forward to represent us! A varied mix as usual but hopefully there's something for everyone here! :mrgreen:

01. DyE - Fantasy
Already something of NSC legend, DyE has decided to take the plunge (no pun intended) and vie for a ticket to the big contest. The music video for his entry, "Fantasy", has already garnered international attention, but his mixture of chillwave and darker undertones has already charmed his way into the hearts of the Cydu people.

02. Lemâitre - Sceptics
Monstrously popular and showing no signs of slowing down, Lemâitre have slowly worked their way up to become the most popular act of all time in Cydoni-Gibberia. Despite achieving a controversial result in the previous edition, they have been invited back to perform another of their huge Cydu hits in the hope that they can redeem themselves on the international stage.

03. The Maccabees - Can You Give It?
2012 has been a meteoric year for The Maccabees, and in 2013 they want to top it off by being chosen for the Nation Song Contest. With the signature Cydu sound of infectious drumbeats and guitar riffs, this tried-and-tested formulaic approach to indie music is a very popular combination in Cydoni-Gibberia, which they hope will translate to the big stage.

04. Matt Corby - Brother

Despite his backgrounds as an Idol contestant in Australia normally being something shunned by the music snobs at CyGiTV, Matt Corby's unique voice and powerful stage prescence more than earn him his rightful spot in this year's Cygovision. "Brother", an ode to his real sibling, will represent him here.

05. Rudi Zygadlo - Melpomene

Scottish born but named after two Russian dancers, Rudi Zygadlo's mix of classical influences with modern-day melodies is most evident on "Melpomene". With a broken structure and schizophrenic piano, mixed with a dash of dubstep, Rudi hopes his individuality will shine through in this selection.

06. Reptar - Houseboat Babies
Reptar mark the very welcome return of the inexplicably earwormish genre of music most popular in Cydoni-Gibberia. Experimentation with everything to do with a song marks Reptar's sound, and the vocals, drums, synths and guitars playfully intertwine into an incredibly catchy entry for Cygovision.

07. Wild Nothing - Paradise
Reminiscent of a summer's day filtered through Instagram, Wild Nothing's music is the perfect accompaniment to any lazy, hazy afternoon. Despite the colder weather at this time of year, Wild Nothing hopes to soar straight into the contest with the aptly titled "Paradise".

08. Beach House - Myth
Never has a name evoked the feel of an artist more than with Beach House. With tropical beats and laid-back rhythms the boy-and-girl duo have slowly but surely made a name for themselves, and their album Bloom features highly on many end-of-2012 lists. Album opener "Myth"'s sandy guitars and ocean-soaked synths are hoped to be the winning recipe for the duo.

09. Tame Impala - Apocalyse Dreams
Like a modern day Beatles on even more drugs than usual, Australian psychedelic rockers Tame Impala hope to bring a technicolour flavour to proceedings. "Apocalypse Dreams", a soaring wall of sounds crashing down in a thrilling climax, will be their entry to the contest.

10. Disclosure - Latch
Up-and-coming British house siblings Disclosure have begun to slowly burn on the charts in the past few weeks, with their debut single "Latch" spreading like wildfire. With its sultry, soulful vocals and towering build-up, the song is the perfect candidate for the next Cydu dance hit.

11. Alpine - Gasoline
The most deceptively simple of songs, Australia's very own Alpine take a gently plucked guitar rhythm and add layer upon layer of delicious synths to build up to the final product; a catchy, infectious and striking slice of the electropop that the land down under has crafted so well of late. "Gasoline"'s summer vibes and their juxtapositional story of an avalanche recovery man hope to capture the hearts of Natia and the ticket to the contest.

12. Alt-J - Dissolve Me
Mercury Music Prize winners Alt-J need no reassuring of their talent and relevance in today's music scene. A little bit of soul, a little bit of folk and a whole healthy dose of indie pop have defined a sound few have been able to match thus far, and they bring a catchy helping of music in the form of "Dissolve Me" to Cygovision.

Et voila! 12 songs vying for your votes and attention! A recap will be produced shortly. Please vote in the Eurovision system by the confirmation deadline, and thank you to everyone who decides to vote! xcheer1​

spiluke

Ooh you have Alt J xheart I nearly put them in my nf this time!

spiluke

Al-J were almost going to be my entry to NSC 90 but I decided to send a random Japoneze lady instead

My thoughts were: Oh screw it, no one will like them. Don't know about you though.

Jeffie

My thoughts were: Oh screw it, no one will like them. Don't know about you though.

Alt-J is getting a lot of hype at the moment :) So I can only see them doing well :)

With that said I still would say that everybody should vote in Cygovision since I LOVED top 11 :D

Sean

Admin
Staff member

I will force myself to make a recap tonight so panic not, those who see the large amount of songs :mrgreen:

Sean

Admin
Staff member

My downloaded is being a silly bitch so I can't make a recap this time, but one will be produced for Cygovision 93 so don't worry! Thank you to everyone who has voted so far and I really appreciate it considering the length of the NF! Would appreciate any other votes though :D

Top Bottom