Contact us

Hong Kong

WorldVision

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
iRRpoBK.jpg

1280px-Hong_Kong_in_Chinese_2.svg.png

900px-Flag_of_Hong_Kong.svg.png

Hong Kong is a metropolitan area and special administrative region of China on the eastern Pearl River Delta in South China. With over 7.5 million residents of various nationalities in a 1,104-square-kilometre (426 sq mi) territory, Hong Kong is one of the most densely populated places in the world.

Hong Kong is a highly developed territory and ranks fourth on the UN Human Development Index. The city has the largest number of skyscrapers of any city in the world and its residents have some of the highest life expectancies in the world. The dense space led to a developed transportation network with public transport rates exceeding 90 percent. Hong Kong is ranked 4th in the Global Finacial Centres Index.

Ethnic groups:

92.0% Han Chinese
2.5% Filipino
2.1% Indonesian
0.8% White
0.5% Indian
0.3% Nepalese
1.6% other

Official languages: Chinese, English
Regional language: Cantonese

hong-kong-skyline-silhouette-illustration-png-favpng-ez8MPUdJVd6yxcJhh7Zbsh6ns.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Re: ♦ HONG KONG / XIANGGANG / 香港 ♦ debuting on WV 78

Love the flag of Hong Kong. xlove Good luck! :D

Eulaliya

Re: ♦ HONG KONG / XIANGGANG / 香港 ♦ debuting on WV 78

Talking about plans, here it is for HK!

WV 78 - Ballads NF
WV 79 - Internal selection (with mystery fave artist)
WV 80 - "Melting pot of genres" NF

78: Because it has a chock-ful load of ballads (like any other Asian country), it takes a lot of determination and deliberation to sort them out in a systematic way. Oh yes, there are many more of them that are WV-worthy but are excluded in my selection list. In short, out of countless number of them, I can only fit a handful of them in that NF.

79: It will be a break to my NF tradition set in almost every edition, this time with my favourite artist/band whose name I won't reveal unless you guys will solve it. Bring back the Hangman! Or choose any other guessing game! Whatever the game, it's up to you!

80: Same as 78, but involving other genres. And oh yes, there's good ol' indie! Though I only pick a handful of them, so suggestions are always welcome!

About the LL, I think I'll set aside for 80, because I'm too tired to do that for 78.

And that's all! :D

Eulaliya

Re: ♦ HONG KONG / XIANGGANG / 香港 ♦ WV 78 ♦ BALLAD NF NOW UP - DDL: TBA

IJIlYQI.jpg

Hullo and welcome to Hong Kong's First National Final for WV 78, featuring the best of the Ballads!

1. Keeva Mak - Give Yourself A Book of Life

2. Ken Hung - Juvenile Travel

3. Christopher Wong - Tianya Road

4. Tang Siu Hau - Annoying

5. Kary Ng - Stay Not Low

6. Eason Chan - Four Seasons

7. Kay Tse - Mountain Road

Voting:

12-8-7-5-3-2-1
Click here to send your votes!
Deadline will be one day before the submission deadline on 20 CET.
Have fun! xcheer

Copy-paste list

Thank you for voting:
:lond: :mx:

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

::seen has voted! :D

Eulaliya

As of now, only one voter has graced this NF, thanks to ol' chap Robert of :lond:! xheart
Now I won't reveal the scores unless more voters will storm in, so keep these coming! xheya
So for those who haven't voted, you have until the 4th of May 20 CET to do so.

Good news! Hong Kong has got a little red flag now, thanks a lot WV mods! xlove
:hk: :hk: :hk:

Eulaliya

Re: ♦ HONG KONG / XIANGGANG / 香港 ♦ WV 78 ♦ DEBUT ENTRY SENT!

Time's already up!
With one more voter capping this NF (thanks Cesar of :mx: xheart), here are the final scores:

Phew! Two voters in total, but that's all right for me...

I'm pleased to announce that this edition marks my 10th anniversary in WV! I'm preparing a Grand Anniversary Special which features the Awards Night. The fave of among my entries will be garnering special recognition (similar to Oscars). More details coming soon! :D

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

I'm so, so sorry I didn't vote Eulaliya. I feel really bad for missing out. It's just been so hectic. I only managed to vote in a couple this time, both of which I was gently judged to do so in. I was supposed to be taking a break this edition and suddenly i'm having to make 70 glitter gif bannersxheat I trust Robert and Cesar have picked well for you though (two marvelous jurors to have decide on your entry), and I trust the quality of your selection. I hope Hong Kong brings you good luckxcrossed

Eulaliya

I'm so, so sorry I didn't vote Eulaliya. I feel really bad for missing out. It's just been so hectic. I only managed to vote in a couple this time, both of which I was gently judged to do so in. I was supposed to be taking a break this edition and suddenly i'm having to make 70 glitter gif bannersxheat I trust Robert and Cesar have picked well for you though (two marvelous jurors to have decide on your entry), and I trust the quality of your selection. I hope Hong Kong brings you good luckxcrossed
Apologies accepted, and an apple for serenity... (Oh yeah I remember the song from Mulan xheart)
Now add a cricket just for your good luck! :D
56351-Mulans-Grandma-Fa-is-by-far-my-SC2H.gif

nekoisneko

I am sorry for not voting :(

I was overslept last night :(

but I hope the best song may win this nf

Hannah01

Oh!! I missed the voting…may the best voice rock

Eulaliya

Re: ♦ HONG KONG / XIANGGANG / 香港 ♦ WV 78 ♦ TANG SIU HAU - ANNOYING (SF3)

b1UlHzX.jpg

鄧小巧 - 煩可寧
Tang Siu Hau - Annoying

Translated lyrics by Google

Eulaliya

Re: ♦ HONG KONG / XIANGGANG / 香港 ♦ WV 78 ♦ TANG SIU HAU - ANNOYING (SF3)

Talking about the Anniversary Plans!

While waiting for the SF3 results tomorrow, I'm preparing a programme for my 10th Anniversary LL. The opening, interval and closing acts will include the ones which are my potential entries dating back to my earliest days in WV. Yes, you hear it, the alternate ones, "the ones which should've been the official entries but are forced to stay back due to low scores and/or robberies in NFs and so forth."

For the set time, I'll do that on Thursday 20 CET so as not to cause interference with the Final LL. And it will be at the Freedom Room, as usual (as my own room is still under construction).
And after the LL, there will be voting for the Best Song Award (for my official entries) and the Best Robbed Song Award (for the robbed ones in NFs). The lucky song awarded for the Best Robbed Song will get a chance to be my official entry sometime in the near future. All of these will be awarded probably after the Final Results show.

...and that's all for now! :D

Eulaliya

Re: ♦ HONG KONG / XIANGGANG / 香港 ♦ WV 78 ♦ TANG SIU HAU - ANNOYING (SF3) | CELEBRATING 10 EDITIONS OF MAGIC AND MYSTERY

Announcement:
Due to some unexpected technical errors at home (broken internet connection and my struggles with a bad cold), the LL has postponed until Saturday or Sunday at 20 CET. We appreciate your support in times of adversity, so thank you for bearing with us!

Eulaliya

Re: ♦ HONG KONG / XIANGGANG / 香港 ♦ WV 79 ♦ INTERNAL SELECTION | CELEBRATING 10 EDITIONS OF MAGIC AND MYSTERY

Hullo and Welcome to my 10th Anniversary Special post!

Today we will present ten of my official entries as well as the six of the robbed ones. So without further ado, let's begin! :D

The Ten Official Eulaliyan Entries!

1. Debbie Scerri - "Holma" (WV 68 Malta)

2. Marie Claire Attard Bason - "Għal Dejjem" (WV 69 Malta)

3. Chasing Pandora - "Memories" (WV 70 Malta)

4. Asin - "Itanong Mo Sa Mga Bata" (WV 71 Philippines)

5. Ryan Cayabyab - "Kumukutikutitap" (WV 72 Philippines)

6. Lea Salonga - "I Dreamed A Dream" (WV 73 Philippines)

7. Aicelle Santos - "Liwanag" (WV 74 Philippines)

8. Grace Nono - "Iduyan Mo" (WV 75 Philippines)

9. The Camerawalls - "Bread and Circuses" (WV 76 Philippines)

10. Dong Abay - "Bombardment" (WV 77 Philippines)

Also presenting... the six unfortunate entries that were robbed in various NFs but were given light again for you to enjoy!

1. Georgina Abela - "Fomm Il-Vjolin"

2. Kafena - "It-Tfal Ma Jaħtu Qatt"

3. Freddie Aguilar - "Alaala"

4. Regine Velasquez - "Sa Ugoy Ng Duyan"

5. Juan De La Cruz - "Naglalakbay"

6. Parokya Ni Edgar - "Don't Touch My Birdie"

How to Vote or Rank:
For the official entries, use traditional ESC style (12-1).
For the robbed ones, use the numbers 12-5.
Send your votes or rankings by PM to me or post them here with spoilers (since this is not an NF, only an Anniversary Special in which we can rank them just for fun).
Deadline will be sometime after the WV 78 Results show.

Have fun and celebrate ten editions with me! xcheer

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: ♦ HONG KONG / XIANGGANG / 香港 ♦ WV 79 ♦ INTERNAL SELECTION | CELEBRATING 10 EDITIONS OF MAGIC AND MYSTERY

Many congratulations on your fabtabulous milestone, Eulaliya! You're one of my very top favourite players. I remember your very first edition was the one in which I was (last second) given my very first chance to host. Debbie Scerri passing with the charming "Holma" was a wonderful momentxheatxyes

My rankings in the spoiler below..

Your songs are charming and you bring something very raw and honest to WorldVision with your entries. Thank you for the music and keep slaying our heartsxheart

Eulaliya

So we have only two who rated my previous entries, thanks ::cema and :paci: for your appreciation! xheart
The WV 78 results show is getting closer now, so keep those coming! xheya

For our next entry, I'll be selecting internally, so guesses are now open! :D

Eulaliya

Re: ♦ HONG KONG / XIANGGANG / 香港 ♦ WV 79 ♦ INTERNAL SELECTION - GUESS THE ARTIST!

Just to let y'all know that the voting ends with this phrase:

To be continued...

Why this phrase? Because you know... I'm gonna postpone the Awards Night until my next anniversary which is the 20th one, ten editions from now. For ten entries isn't enough...onwards to WV 88!

And now, we will head off to la bella Italia with a very quirky indie entry from my top favourite band that begins with only five capital letters. It's a big mystery, yes, unless you will solve it with Hangman.

_ _ _ _ _​

Let the guessings begin! :D

Eulaliya

Re: ♦ HONG KONG / XIANGGANG / 香港 ♦ WV 79 ♦ INTERNAL SELECTION - GUESS THE NAME OF MYSTERY BAND!

And here's a thank-you post!

多謝! (Dōjeh!)
My special thanks to those who voted for the very first :hk: entry ever sent to WV: xlove

:12: xpokerface
:10: ::hess :ca:
:8: :fr: :hr: :sc:
:7: ::queb
:6: ::bofp :lv: :lond:
:5: :kant: :is:
:4: xpokerface
:3: :ba: :paci:
:2: xpokerface
:1: :fi:

Eulaliya

Re: ♦ HONG KONG / XIANGGANG / 香港 ♦ WV 79 ♦ INTERNAL SELECTION - GUESS THE NAME OF MYSTERY BAND!

Our next entry is being sent! C'mon everybody, let the guessing game begin!

_ _ _ _ _

(Five letters, consonants only please)​

Top Bottom