Contact us

► WV BOLOGNA 144 ◄ GRAND FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uto

Veteran
Cool results. Congrats to Iceland. Song wasn't something that blew me away, but the sheer quality of the whole thing was evident. Nice choice. My thanks to the hosts of course. Have to say I liked this format for the results. Shouldn't be done like this every time, but it adds a natural narrative and plays with expectations so was a nice twist.

hijirio

Veteran
Congratz Iceland ! :is: :is: :is:
Finally a relatable winner after months xheart

Krishoes

Grazie mille for this wonderful and unexpected top 10 placement for Mina! I've started my second and longest WV adventure in :it: with her song "Amor mio" but sadly it didn't reach the final. I've always loved Mina and her music, she's one of my greatest icons (together with Raffaella), so seeing her getting appreciated and awarded with many points and a POT win makes me emotional and proud! xheart

I wanna thank each and everyone for the support and the beautiful words for this edition that will always held a special place in my heart. A huge THANKS to @AshleyWright for the help he gave me with the draw and the most important part of the organization, the final's voting and results show. As always an impeccable job on his part, when he offered me his support I didn't hesitate to accept it! xlove

Congratulations JamieBrown and :is:, a perfectly decent winner which is nothing to complain about. It really shows what of a powerhouse Iceland is in music despite its size.

Thank you for a great co-op Krishoes and Ashley! The tribute to Raffaella Carra and the exciting result show, you got it all! xlove

hijirio

Veteran
Also gotta thenk Kris and Ash for the legendary hosting, it was very exquisite & extraordinary and extremely era-changing.

See you wherever the next edition takes us xwave

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Congrats :is: and Ben!! xlove A more than deserved victory, I had this song on my mind for days. Nice to see London as runner-up as well! I knew it would do pretty well! Sadly I only had one point to give it, but a lot of countries and regions fought for that point such as: Turkey, Sudogwon, Denmark, Cyprus and Germany.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 3RD PLACE xheart It's my best placement since last year in June when I won with Sabrina and the second most points ever since Miley when I started playing with Southern USA. I didn't think Daughtry will be so well received from some pots, I was actually counting on a completely different pot, especially when not many of their favorites qualified, but it didn't really deliver. Luckily the others did and I'm grateful :xo:

:susa: Daughtry - Heavy is the Crown
3rd place, 153 points

:12: :hu: :nz: :uk:
:10: :fr: :us: :lond:
:8: ::chub ::ceca
:7: :at: :no: :jp:
:6: :rs: ::sudo ::cors
:5: :de: :neus: :pl:
:4: ::mida :ir:
:2: :se: ::seen :cy: :is:
:1: :west:

Great edition all in all, grazie mille Kris and Ashley for delivering spectacular banners, shows and scoreboards. RAI only wishes they can achieve this level of professionalism next year. xheat

Oh and happy birthday Steph!! xcheer

theditz83

Veteran
Thanks to the following legends for supporting Milk Inc. and :be:

:12: ::mida :kr:
:8: ::sthm :nl:
:6: :at: :hr:
:5: :tr:
:2: ::sudo :at: :it:
:1: :nz: :es: :seou:

Congrats :is: - wasn't really a song for me, but it was quality xup

Kris & Ashley, hosting heavyweights!!! Thanks for the awesome shows throughout, brilliant xheat

And from me, there's one final dance bop in my :be: story before I move on - it's a song that I've planned to send as my final Belgian anthem since I started with :be: - hopefully it'll be one that not as many will be familiar with xheart

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
oof well it's time to chill again. :D First off, congrats :is: and Ben on winning. :D Right up until the end I thought London was winning this and results show kinda reflected that. I thought the pot divisions would be a fun way of doing it, and I'm happy you all enjoyed it. Sorry to those of you who went like 20+ voters without any points, I know it's not usually fun. Also thank you @Krishoes for allowing me to join you in cohosting, when I offered I figured you'd already have a team, but no. It's been a pleasure to host with you, your theme, graphics and hosting has been perfection and a high bar to keep up with.

Also, thanks for 13th xbow I legit didn't know what to expect from my song at all. I'm happy some of you I didn't think would enjoy my song actually did. It's such an uncharacteristic song for me but I found it be such a nice sweet song that I was happy to send under my name. Thank you. :D

:west: 13th
109pts

:12: xexcuseme
:10: :ar: :de: :pl:
:8: :lond: :at:
:7: :kant:
:6: :us: :uk: :svea:
:5: :lv: :sc:
:4: :rs: ::cors
:3: :susa: :jp: Dalmatia
:2: :ca: ::mida :sobr: :gr:
:1: :no: :al: :cy:

xrose

JamieBrown

Well, special shoutout to these lovely people...

:12::tr::bg:::cors
:10::it::susa::fi::hr:
:8::ir::kant::uk::pl:
:7::lond:::gota:fr::nz::nz:
:6::gr:
:5::ca::hu:
:4::no::jp:
:3::ar:::chub::seen
:2::lv::svea:
:1::rs:

I still don't know what to say exactly, but you guys gave me my 3rd victory. Kinda funny that it took me 56 editions to nail even one victory and in the what I believe are 28 editions since then I managed to gain enough points twice more. Now that's a thing I would've never imagined anymore.
I also never imagined 7.5 years ago when I joined WV for the first time I would still be playing in like 2017/18 and here I am in 2021 and had many songs to send, many to discover, fun chats, little fights over taste, missed deadlines, longer breaks and little returns, to sum up: Many good moments.
I realized a longer while ago, that I do not find the motivation anymore to take part regularly in this. It's work, other hobbies and so on. I took part in this edition just not to end it silently and leaving after the forced break.
Well...This result is quite a bang so I guess I met this goal and do not leave WV in silence ^^
As some of you may know me, this has not to be the farewell. I just hope there won't be another pandemic to kick me off my job and give me too much time.

And for now I just wish you a great edition #145, maybe it will be in London. Congrats dear for the 2nd. It would've been a good winner also xclap

Goodbye xwave

EDIT: Just found another reason why this victory is nothing less special than the landslide victories with USA (my 1st) and Chile (can you believe Chile won WV?): Our litte tri-chat with the legends Daniel and Flo now won with Iceland each xyes

cegs5

Congratulations Ben of :is: on your winning! Well deserved, lovely song indeed.
Not quite sure if you are leaving WV again or it’s a break, but in any case wishing you the very best xrose

Also well done Robert :lond: and Gera :susa:on your medals!

Thank you Kris and Ashley for hosting this edition, love the Olympic theme and Rafaella’s tribute xheart

Great to see some of my top pointers doing well, especially Italy being my 12 twice in a row… guess I am easily hooked by Italian nostalgia. Although I lost some of my favs in the semis, this was a hard to rank Final and I ended up with a solid top 10, where my lower pointers could have got more points in other editions I believe.

Reprise of :ar: votes

:12: :it:
:10: :west:
:8: ::cors
:7: :us:
:6: :gr:
:5: :no:
:4: :sc:
:3: :is:
:2: :be:
:1: :cy:

I liked also :lond::de::hr::fr: just not enough room for everyone.

See you all wherever the next edition will be!

Arion

Ok.
Big thanks to Kris and Ashley for hostng! It was great!

Thank you all for voting for JoJo. Too Little Too Late is one of my favourite songs of all time and getting to 5th place and my second best placement makes me very happy. JoJo also managed to finally get to the final in her 3rd attempt so justice got served. Thank you all xheart

I'm also currently doing an NF for :neus: for WV 145 so I would like to invite you all to help me pick my next entry xheart

Amir

Veteran
first of all (because I ALWAYS!!! forget) big thanks to our great hosts Mrs. Kris and Ashurey-san, u did a wonderful job xheart

second of all, congrats to :is: a very enjoyable song, you only closely missed my Final Top 10, cause all my favs qualified,
but I scored you in the semi :>

and last of all, thank you to those who supported :es: in the semi, I still got plenty of motivation for my upcoming flops xheat

and last of all² happy birthday to everyone who has birthday tonight xhug

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Once again a big congratulations to Ben! Your song felt like a winner and it was one. Also congratulations are in order for Robert and Gera! A great top 3 (y)

I've got to apologise to Norway, Sudogwon, Iceland, Bulgaria and Denmark. In some finals these would have been able to get pretty nice points from me but this one was a toughie. I felt guilty having to leave these out.

:us: 11th - 114 Points
kali-uchis-pet.gif

:12: :susa: :nrwe:
:10: :coffee:
:8: :hu:
:7: ::chub :ar: :ir: :es:
:6: :neus:
:5: :west: ::sudo :hr:
:4: :se: :nz: :al: :pl:
:3: :it: :tr: :bg:
:2: :be: :no:
:1: ::seen :is: :kr: :nl:

Kali did so much better than I hoped! 11th is an amazing finish. Half the final voting for the song as well. Thank you so much. In a surreal twist she picked up something from every single pot besides N. That 2 from dear Luis had me like 😲 Been meaning to send this song for almost two years now so this tasty result for my fave bop has made me happy. Thank you xheart

And the biggest thank you of course goes to Kris and Ashley for giving us such a wonderful edition. The Olympics themed shows were swell enough but of course that final show dedicated to Raffaella was just unbeatable. Such a beautiful tribute, Kris. It was a special edition following a special win. Grazie caro xheart

Last edited:

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
This moment when you tune in and see Hiji voted for the pot D winner. End of the world is #coming

Anyway, congrats Ben and :is: for this convincing win, it's unfortunate to see you intended to quit, but as always IRL should come first.
Thank you Krish and Ashley for this great hosting, I didn't follow them but this way of presenting the results is refreshing.

Thank you for the Chubu supporters in semi xheart

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I just read @JamieBrown's message. Das ist nicht wunderbar :confused: We'll miss you Ben, but indeed, what a bang to go out on. I hope you'll join us again one day soon. Personally I will pray for a new pandemic of poisonous flying sharks to hit Germany so you're all locked inside again, leaving WorldVision as the only friend to turn to. Until then though I wish you well with everything xheart and don't be a stranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom