Contact us

֍ WV BERGAMO 123 ֍ GRAND FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaladBreak

Congratulations Kai! xheart

Congratulations Ashley and Mike on your medals

Thank you Kris for the delicious and efficient hosting!

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
From the best feeling ever to now feeling absolutely awful. I can assure you I didn't do this on purpose. In fact, I've had this on my list since I came here, would have checked the database back then and even did so this edition. I know why this has happened. It's entered incorrectly in the database. Mashing in the full title gives you nothing, and considering it takes a couple of seconds for results to show through, this most certainly happened. If only someone had realised. I had a backup and everything. This is the worst feeling :cry:

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congratulations to the United States but wasnt Stings version sent in WV 32?

tenor.gif

He is right, which would make the song ineligible because the Sting version was the original - but it would be silly to DQ an entry now, and mentally I am already in the USA enjoying Rainy's hot victory. xheat

Congrats xheart

Krishoes

Thank you so much for your kind words, it's always a pleasure xheart

Congratulations Kai, I know how much this song means to you. And a big round of applause to Ashley and Ana as well. That top 3 xlove

For the second time in one of my hosting editions the :us: win Worldvision, last time with Lady Gaga, this time with WoodyRains xheat

Ah... and thank you for winning with that lead. xpokerface When I first prepared the scorewiz I realized you would have been in first place for the whole second half of the show. I thought... mmm... k.... exciting..... xcookie Therefore I had to find a different way to do the show.

You're special Kai, you've been a great friend for me all these years. With your kindness, your irony and your songs you gave my life a special touch.

You can find the full results here:

Romeo

From the best feeling ever to now feeling absolutely awful. I can assure you I didn't do this on purpose. In fact, I've had this on my list since I came here, would have checked the database back then and even did so this edition. I know why this has happened. It's entered incorrectly in the database. Mashing in the full title gives you nothing, and considering it takes a couple of seconds for results to show through, this most certainly happened. If only someone had realised. I had a backup and everything. This is the worst feeling :cry:

Don't stress. Its a system error, not yours. I did the same thing. I typed "fields of gold" and nothing came up. Then I put "sting" and it came up. You shouldn't be blamed - I'm sure nobody blames you

JamieBrown

Now that I know I can even remember it well, being sent for London. And I was even surprised when I heard it this edition, that Sting hadn't taken part already. Anyway. None of us noticed, it's just a mistake we can point out to avoid in the future. My opinion.

Kai gained the points anyway and it's truly deserved. The song contains something magical and it's a good winner for me. I'm happy the legacy of victories for the whole US can be continued. It took them way way too long, even if I'm somewhat proud to be the first ;)

I hope you'll host like always these times and I'll be happy to mark my return when you're hosting. See you in a crazy hot hippie city somewhere in the middle of nowhere Kai will be taking us to xheat

Romeo

Thank you so much for your kind words, it's always a pleasure xheart

Congratulations Kai, I know how much this song means to you. And a big round of applause to Ashley and Ana as well. That top 3 xlove

For the second time in one of my hosting editions the :us: win Worldvision, last time with Lady Gaga, this time with WoodyRains xheat

Ah... and thank you for winning with that lead. xpokerface When I first prepared the scorewiz I realized you would have been in first place for the whole second half of the show. I thought... mmm... k.... exciting..... xcookie Therefore I had to find a different way to do the show.

You're special Kai, you've been a great friend for me all these years. With your kindness, your irony and your songs you gave my life a special touch.

You can find the full results here:

I won the semi?!?!?!?!?!?!

tenor.gif

Amir

Veteran
It's not you fault @RainyWoods
Since there was a mistake in the database, it could have happened to anyone, and I'm sure it would.
Your victory was so convincing, I'm 99,99% certain, that no one will dispute it.
So enjoy your victory and deliver us a very hot, Rainy-style edition xheart xheart

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member
And thank you for the fantastic show Kris and the exciting results announcement xlove

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Don't worry Raint. xheart the mod collecting the entries didn't notice, and no one until now did. It does come up when you search Sting but ofc not with Fields of Gold. I'm 100% sure you wasn't truthfully aware of this. As the 2nd placer I don't feel 100% comfortable giving my opinion on this, but at this stage with the edition now over, it makes no sense to disqualify your entry not to mention in quite bad taste. Not only that i'm sure some would think it was done under ulterior motives to do so. The victory is yours so enjoy, regardless of this error. 💓 you earnt it.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Don't feel bad about it. It was incorrectly entered into the database, and like you said, there's already a delay when loading it that you only would have seen it if you patiently waited and only typed "fields of". Nobody else noticed it either. Heck, I was there in WV 32 and completely forgot it was already entered (despite voting for it back then).

It's one of these special circumstances that just happens sometimes. I still say you won legitimately. xrose

Ausesken

It's impossible we can remember all the songs that have participated in WV, and if the title in the database is not complete, the search is useless, so do not feel bad, Kai.

A tip for everyone, though: you don't have to search for complete names or titles in the database, and for my experience I know it's better searching word by word to make sure you find what you are searching. For example, the surname of an artist could be written in the wrong way, but not the name, so search both. The same with titles. Conclusion: search words, one by one.

Genesis

I don't know... I've awarded Kai and :us: 12, but given the circumstances, I don't know how I should feel about it. I remember quite well when Frozen's song was sent and was disqualified because the polish version of it been sent already (keep in mind, that in the database, it figures in polish, so whoever tried to send the English one, couldn't find it in there). So I don't know how it should be dealt here, it went quite far in the contest (i mean both final place and also the fact that no-one noticed this before), but then it can be used as argument in the future (maybe?).

Romeo

Don't worry Raint. xheart the mod collecting the entries didn't notice, and no one until now did. It does come up when you search Sting but ofc not with Fields of Gold. I'm 100% sure you wasn't truthfully aware of this. As the 2nd placer I don't feel 100% comfortable giving my opinion on this, but at this stage with the edition now over, it makes no sense to disqualify your entry not to mention in quite bad taste. Not only that i'm sure some would think it was done under ulterior motives to do so. The victory is yours so enjoy, regardless of this error. 💓 you earnt it.

Bro if I ended second I'd be calling for his head.... But since I ENDED 5TH xlovexlovexlovexlovexlovexlovexlovexlovexlovexlove So I'm on his side

(once again I joke - I hope my humour comes across as intended - if not I assume you all hate me lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom