Contact us

֍ WV BERGAMO 123 ֍ GRAND FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Well, Ashley and me have already decided we're hosting this next thing together so hold onto your hair pieces. He's made me feel a lot better about what has happened and it's going to be a pleasure to finally host a full edition together for the first time as well.

Eva and Ava, your WV123 winners xheat
can i start threatening you both with them PQs please!!!!

Romeo

The perfect solution!! What an iconic edition lies ahead for us all xheat xlove xcheer

Also, can I just say, well done everyone? Like, this sort of thing used to lead to drama and whatnot and tonight everyone has been lovely and supportive and friendly. So wonderful to see and be a part of this community xhug

No need to thank me... I know I'm the backbone of this community but it was a united effort

once again I joke but I'm not sure everyone understands my humour lol

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Well most of us are responsible for this in the end. We all should have known better. :lol: So, there's nothing to be done but enjoy the winner. Even not approving resending songs, I'm pretty sure I would have given the same points to it. xlove it's sung in such a way that it sounds like a poem to me in every sense.

I must also say that I'm in love with whole my top 7. xlove xbow great songs. Sad that other great songs have failed to reach the final, but it's life... :( :cy: :fi: :pe: :sc: :svea: especially xcheers xrose But I've enjoyed all the finalists I have voted in+ other non qualifiers a lot. xheart xheart

Last edited:

Romeo

Well most of us are responsible for this in the end. We all should have known better. :lol: So, there's nothing to be done but enjoy the winner. Even not approving resending songs, I'm pretty sure I would have given the same points to it. xlove it's sung in such a way that it sounds like a poem to me in every sense.

I must also say that I'm in love with whole my top 7. xlove xbow great songs. Sad that other great songs have failed to reach the final, but it's life... :( :cy: :fi: :pe: :sc: :svea: especially xcheers xrose But I've enjoyed all the finalists I have voted in+ other non qualifiers a lot. xheart xheart

I agree. we are all to blame. None of us realised what happened so I hold my hands up, as should everyone else.. we are a community and when things like this happen we are all to blame.

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
So please, no dramas. I've been in many uncomfortable situations in these 7 years. The rules wouldn't deny a song to be a finalist that was announced as a qualifier for mistake these days and in that edition that I can't recall anymore it happened to me, I wasn't considered a finalist, and I have even been THAT unlucky, only to mention one of them. :lol:
Time to move on and see what comes next. xcheer

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Well, Ashley and me have already decided we're hosting this next thing together so hold onto your hair pieces. He's made me feel a lot better about what has happened and it's going to be a pleasure to finally host a full edition together for the first time as well.

Eva and Ava, your WV123 winners xheat
Yess!! xyes This means I can finally send the song I've been holding onto until you'd get to host again! xheat

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
So please, no dramas. I've been in many uncomfortable situations in these 7 years. The rules wouldn't deny a song to be a finalist that was announced as a qualifier for mistake these days and in that edition that I can't recall anymore it happened to me, I wasn't considered a finalist, and I have even been THAT unlucky, only to mention one of them. :lol:
Time to move on and see what comes next. xcheer
Luís dear, with your luck you probably jinxed it now and the Drama of the Century will now be unleashed upon us. :lol: xheat

dogmeat

I understand. I probably shouldn't feel as guilty as I am feeling right now but I'm thinking about Ashley who would have likely won if we realised what had happened sooner
Not necessarily. Without US those 193 would've been distributed elsewhere. Most likely more of those points would go to London than to Western US, and it was only 3 points behind.

EDIT: I just counted it. Both would have 166 points in that scenario, but that doesn't include voters who ranked either of those songs 11th...

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Luís dear, with your luck you probably jinxed it now and the Drama of the Century will now be unleashed upon us. :lol: xheat

Someone is already brewing up their essay length post that will bring a new meaning to the word terror.

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
@Stargazer Anna I'm still doomed. xcry xrollinglol I wasn't allowed to send the song I wanted to send so badly this time. :lol: Because someone had sent something with the artist (s) involved before I did. "Love of a Silent Moon" would have been the next one, ofc. xlove
Now I will probably be the first one to send the song. :lol:

Krishoes

Btw, lovely show Kris, you really took us to a roller coaster ride with those procedure...was it your plan right from the beginning to seperate NQ and Finalist votings or did you notice during the voting period that they differ a lot so that you can take advantage of that? :D

I must admit that to get more order on the spreadsheet I separated the finalists from the non qualifiers from the beginning. I would have joined them at the end to do the sums.

I then realized by opening Scorewiz that there is now a new option to create a televoting. I didn't use it though. I went ahead and did the show normally. I wasted more than one hour probably entering the votes but then looking at the simulation I realized that the way I ordered the votes, the United States would have been first from about the 20th voter until the end. :poop:

So I thought it was a good idea to change everything and create a separate televoting. I didn't know if it was possible. Therefore I asked and got permission. I liked the final result. I'm glad you liked this system.

Amir

Veteran
KAI AND ASHLEY HOSTING TOGETHER?

And me sending Marzia in your joint edition?

tenor.gif

but only with a National Final and a detailed article about her participation!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Well that was an eventful end, a hue congrats to Rainy again winning, and with such a huge win. Well deserved without a doubt. South Korea was the only song in that top 5 I gave points to, ofc can't vote for myself but with the calibre of this final the final 5 is actually pretty satisfying, My 12, myself and 3 others songs I enjoyed and didn't mind at all. London had the unfortunate circumstance of falling just outside of my top 10, in an average edition he'd have definitely got something. Wales also. Come to mention South West England, NRW, Ukraine and NEUS all missed out.

Thank you for the points and the placement. xheart When the song was released I knew I wanted to send it, but not right away. Then it popped up in WLSC and in OSC on the .net so I thought I better send it now before people get past it. Only to release after it was just in NSC as well. Probably the wisest decision all in all but I don't think i would have sent it with NSC factored in. No matter, I did and i'm stoked it did so well in such a strong final. xheart It's such a great pop song and I love that Ava Max keeps dropping songs like this in an era where i find a lot of pop so bland and dull. Thank you for all the love and support. xkiss

:west: 2nd, 1st or whatever
158pts

:12: :es: :al: :neus:
:10: :cali: :be: :ba: :am:
:8: :ua: :susa: :rs:
:7: :seou: :cy:
:6: :hr: :de:
:5: :lond: :dk: :tr:
:4: :en: :au: :it:
:3: xexcuseme
:2: :pome:
:1: :se: :us: :il:

xkiss

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
omg forgot to mention, thank you Kris for your wonderful hosting. It was an exciting results show and the banners have been beautiful. All the food and wonderful sights. Obviously my banner got me some banner voting points. xheat

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Thank you again. A super crazy result. I still remember hearing Eva singing this years ago for the first time. I must have been really young, 8 or 9-ish. My mum had Eva's posthumous album, Songbird. I was in the hallway sitting on the stairs as she was playing it in the living room. Weird how memories like that can stick. Those Ooooos have haunted me for years. The way Eva used her voice was something special. Pristine and yet it could cut right through you. I'm happy I got to show you her music.

:12: :pl: :it:
:10: :neus: :fi: :no: :jp: :rs: :tr: NR WESTPHALIA
:8: :hu: :ch: :is: :pe:
:7: :en: :pome:
:6: :il:
:5: :se: :lv:
:4: ::swen :be: :fr: :svea: ::queb :sc:
:3: :al: :au: :uk:
:2: :lond:
:1: xexcuseme

This has been quite a strange rollercoaster of emotions, but I think speaking to Ashley after what had happened and also seeing everyone else's comments made me realise once again (I already knew) just how great this community is. I felt really bad and still do but I'm looking forward now to hosting an edition with one of my oldest friends here, dear Ashley. We haven't discussed any real finer details yet but you can bet it's gonna be something, combining my insanity and his slickness. My moods up and down right now, and it did even cross my mind the moment I saw I'd won to turn hosting down but seeing all your comments makes me want to do it, and I have the perfect person to share this experience with xheart
emoji-icon-glossy-00-00-food-drink-food-prepared-lasagna-72dpi-forPersonalUseOnly.png

Thank you Kris for the most wonderful edition. You showed the tasty side of your country to us, as well as a special, hidden side. I still plan to move into Western USA's banner. Everything was bellissima, including your stunning Giuni Russo entry. These are always the moments I anticipate most from you, when you send one of your beloved diva icons. Some great songs in this final but like a moth to a very nice flame, I'm drawn to a song as exquisite as La Sua Figura. Thank you Kris for sharing it xrose

See you in.... wherever it is me and Ashley decide to take you x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom