Contact us

֍ WV BERGAMO 123 ֍ GRAND FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

cegs5

Congratulations on your winning Kai, very well-deserved xlove

Kris, this was one of the most exciting and entertaining results, thank you for hosting xlove

This is how :pe: Peru voted in the Grand Final

:12: Latvia
:10:South West England
:8:United States
:7:England
:6:Sweden
:5:Italy
:4:Wales
:3:Iceland
:2:London
:1:Spain

xrose

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
It's impossible we can remember all the songs that have participated in WV, and if the title in the database is not complete, the search is useless, so do not feel bad, Kai.

A tip for everyone, though: you don't have to search for complete names or titles in the database, and for my experience I know it's better searching word by word to make sure you find what you are searching. For example, the surname of an artist could be written in the wrong way, but not the name, so search both. The same with titles. Conclusion: search words, one by one.

This is exactly it. It just amplifies the need to search your entries well. There is also the case with accents over letters and such that sometimes aren't added or are and people search using words without them. Mistakes happen and are rare and inbetween, as is this case but just reminds people.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
It's not you fault @RainyWoods
Since there was a mistake in the database, it could have happened to anyone, and I'm sure it would.
Your victory was so convincing, I'm 99,99% certain, that no one will dispute it.
So enjoy your victory and deliver us a very hot, Rainy-style edition xheart xheart

I understand. I probably shouldn't feel as guilty as I am feeling right now but I'm thinking about Ashley who would have likely won if we realised what had happened sooner (not immediately revealed the moment after I've won). And Ana would have got a medal finish as well. See, this is why I feel really awful. It's hard to enjoy the moment when I know how crummy this is for other players.

I think this edition should have two winners. Western USA won your hearts too. It's only right Ava Max's song gets jotted down as a winner too. Please do this.

Ausesken

This is exactly it. It just amplifies the need to search your entries well. There is also the case with accents over letters and such that sometimes aren't added or are and people search using words without them. Mistakes happen and are rare and inbetween, as is this case but just reminds people.
Precisely, we have a database that makes the search very easy because it does it while you are writing, I find it very comfortable to use. And I never write complete titles or names, just search for key words.

ShoeFlo

:is: Axel Flóvent – Tourist, 6th place, 123 points :is:

Thanks to...

:12: :ch: :fi: :jp: xheart
:10: ::swen :ua:
:7: :lv: :svea:
:6: :nrwe: :se: Lesser Poland
:5: :fr: :cy:
:4: :no: :hr: :uk:
:3: :pl: :us: :pe:
:2: :tr:
:1: ::quebec

Great result xbow I suspected the predictions are a little too optimistic regarding my chances :mrgreen:

Regarding the fact that Sting's original song was sent before... it is crazy that absolutely nobody seemed to notice it early enough :lol: but well... there were almost 100 editions between those two entries.. Anyway, as it was pointed out before, Kai is not to blame at all, as we all rely on the database and if there are typos or missing words there is a good chance we don't notice them. So, no reason to feel bad @RainyWoods and congratulations!! xlove
In the future we all should be even more cautious while checking our entries so that things like that will never happen again :)

Btw, lovely show Kris, you really took us to a roller coaster ride with those procedure...was it your plan right from the beginning to seperate NQ and Finalist votings or did you notice during the voting period that they differ a lot so that you can take advantage of that? :D

Last edited:

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Maybe this could be a good project for the database in the future? Whether it's the excel one, or the old one. To not only correct mistakes such as Sting's Fields of Gold, but also add alternative titles (in parenthesis) to songs that have accents/diacritics/special letters so you get proper results whether you search with or without them, as well as alternative titles to songs that might have an original title in another language.

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Thank you Kris for the very exciting show tonight and for all your work throughout this edition. xlove
Congrats Kai on this well-deserved victory! xlove xclap
Big thanks to all who've supported :no: in the semifinal. xhug xlove

And finally, these were are all my votes:

SF1 - Regular:

12 :lond: LONDON
10 :us: USA
08 :svea: SVEALAND
07 :fi: FINLAND
06 :cn: CHINA
05 :is: ICELAND
04 :fr: FRANCE
03 :neus: NORTHEASTERN USA
02 :seou: SEOUL
01 :en: ENGLAND

SF2 - REJU votes:

12 :ch: SWITZERLAND
10 :cy: CYPRUS
08 :pe: PERU
07 :lv: LATVIA
06 :sc: SCOTLAND
05 :wale: WALES
04 :tr: TURKEY
03 ::mlpl LESSER POLAND
02 :am: ARMENIA

01 :de: NORTH RHINE-WESTPHALIA

Final:

12 :lond: LONDON
10 :us: USA
08 :ch: SWITZERLAND
07 :lv: LATVIA
06 :it: ITALY
05 :wale: WALES
04 :is: ICELAND
03 :neus: NORTHEASTERN USA
02 :de: NORTH RHINE-WESTPHALIA
01 :au: AUSTRALIA

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Well, Ashley and me have already decided we're hosting this next thing together so hold onto your hair pieces. He's made me feel a lot better about what has happened and it's going to be a pleasure to finally host a full edition together for the first time as well.

Eva and Ava, your WV123 winners xheat

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Oh, I've only noticed what happened now. :eek: Well I'm not sure about what the rules say. Too many rules to know in 2 contests. :lol:
IMO it's a unique and emotional version of a song and an artist that I already praise and love. xbow xheart
Enjoy your win, there's nothing that can't prevent you from it now, Kai. And we all know you didn't do it on purpose. xlove It could have happened to anyone given the circumstances. :) (especially to me :lol:)

Last edited:

Romeo

Well, Ashley and me have already decided we're hosting this next thing together so hold onto your hair pieces. He's made me feel a lot better about what has happened and it's going to be a pleasure to finally host a full edition together for the first time as well.

I predict something special!!!

Ausesken

Perfect duo and perfect outcome of all this xheat

Romeo

Maybe we could (as a one off) adopt the new NSC rule of 'after 50 editions the song may be sent again'?

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

The perfect solution!! What an iconic edition lies ahead for us all xheat xlove xcheer

Also, can I just say, well done everyone? Like, this sort of thing used to lead to drama and whatnot and tonight everyone has been lovely and supportive and friendly. So wonderful to see and be a part of this community xhug

Uto

Veteran
Maybe this could be a good project for the database in the future? Whether it's the excel one, or the old one. To not only correct mistakes such as Sting's Fields of Gold, but also add alternative titles (in parenthesis) to songs that have accents/diacritics/special letters so you get proper results whether you search with or without them, as well as alternative titles to songs that might have an original title in another language.
I don't know if any control can be had over how the queries are formed. Seems more robust to have the queries automatically check for all different forms of a letter.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Not everybody would agree on that, though XD. Partly because maybe Kai would have won anyway with his back-up entry, who knows :lol: but idk, it would make sense to me to have 2 winners.

Oh, you're actually right. I would have gone past the 280 point mark surely with this backup. A new Nina Moric would have been born.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom