Contact us

ՀԱՅԱՍՏԱՆ - Armenia 2010 - Eva Rivas - Apricot Stone

how do you rate the entry?

• Total voters

MyHeartIsYours

Come off it!! Lyrics about the seed of a fruit are impossible to be good lyrics. Just everything about Armenia's song this year was awful imo and it was vastly overrated - countries with proper songs like Norway, Ireland and Bosnia & Herzegovina finishing at the bottom while this did so well is a disgrace imo!
As I said before, if Armenia had sent 'That Sounds Good To Me', they would have done equally as well as they did with 'Apricot Stone' cuz it seems that Armenia can send anything and do well :|.

Dont know maybe it's just British people who dont think that singing about a seed is good... everyone I was with were laughing at it, it was so rediculous! :lol:

ParadiseES

THe song is NOT about a fruit or a seed, but about a lot more. It's YOUR problem if you are not able to understand the real meaning of the lyrics. It also had a good rythm and a perfect mix of moder and ethnic songs, apart of a gorgeus girl.
It finished only 7th because there were better performances and because it's proven than juries hate anything ethno (Slovakia, Finland, Serbia,... were robbed by juries) ;)

Bosnian song was bad and Irish and Norwegian were good, but had terrible performances. UK was the worst of all. That explains the results :)

AlekS

Veteran
I don't think that Armenia had the best lyrics in ESC 2010. Kavaleryan didn't satisfy me (I know that he has much better songs esp recently), but comparing to his previous ESC songs this one is a masterpiece :lol:

MyHeartIsYours

@ Pablo
If the song is not about the seed of a fruit then why is it called Apricot Stone? Why was there an apricot stone on the stage?

The juries hate ethno (like myself) coz it's the same thing certain countries send every single year and it's just so boring... Armenia, Greece etc. They dont even try to send a good song, they just know that if they send an ethno style that the televoters will like it :|.
Bosnian song was modern and certainly for me it was one of the top songs this year. Also, I am struggling to see how Niamh and Didrik gave horrible performances... wasnt Didrik like the 2nd or 3rd most in tune singer or something? In contrast, Armenia had a shockingly bad performance, but of course we all know the reasons why it was successful.

A proper song is certainly not a song singing about a fruit :roll:.

94ayd

Bosnian & Norwegian entries were horrible, while Ireland had a good song but not necessarily everybody's cup of tea... I think the performance could've been better and her standing on some platform, so she could look taller or something was ridiculous...

Scooby

Bosnian song was modern and certainly for me it was one of the top songs this year.

xkiss xthank

Apricot fruit is national symbol for Armenian people, like maple is Canadian, eagle is American etc.

MyHeartIsYours

@ Scooby

No problem ;) :D

But like I said, I understand that Apricot is the symbol for Armenia but that still doesnt mean a song about it isnt rediculous! :lol: If the UK came singing a song about a rose, I would class that as a joke ;).

Milos-BC

Well it depends how you are looking at it. I like metaphores personally, and I usually don't give a damn about the lyrics if I like the melody. But of course, it's nice when you find a song with great lyrics and great music. It's pure artt. I personally think that Armenian entry was one of the best songs this year.

r3gg13

I remember seeing Eva Rivas's advertisement on the Armenian channel in America, she had a concert in LA's Staples Center with another famous Armenian singer. Here's the video

GeorgeChali

It was nc song
Maybe the lyrics arenot good but they gave us a taste of their culture.
It had ncmelody and ithink that it deserved that place...

Fluke

Such a good song, one of the most memorable melodies ever IMO. The performance was so-so, vocals were good but it looked a bit bland, guess that's why it didn't end up on top, as many actually thought it would.

JimmyJump

This is one of the most beatiful womens i have seen in my hole life ! Her face is literally perfect, her hairs are so beautiful and she has 2 big round beautiful Apricots ;)xheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheart

Mainshow

Veteran
Unfortunately, Eva Rivas seems to have gone fully disgusting and inhuman by glorifying a fascist mass murderer and supporting a genocide and imperial war.

oe5pz5yj5jr81.jpg

I will "delete" "Apricot Stone" from my 2010 Top 10 - it´s a disgrace that supporters of an uprovoked and imperial war are part of Eurovision´s historry.

Top Bottom