Contact us

ՀԱՅԱՍՏԱՆ - Armenia 2010 - Eva Rivas - Apricot Stone

how do you rate the entry?

• Total voters

Qele_Armenia

Re: ???????? - Armenia 2010 - Eva Rivas - Apricot Stone

I state only one thing ,that jury vote in the WHOLE ( not only Germans I mean ) isn't fair and not only towards Armenia .hope they will come back to the previous voting system ;)

Cagla

Qele_Armenia said:
Lidija , we aren't talking about personalities here.you may don't like here being self-confident , I may not like some other things in other singers I don't mention.

which one of those tabloids lies ,it's nevertheless the German one and we have nothing to do with them.we just have to wait for the official resaults of public votes

what can you say 'bout jury votes? do you see it's fair?why the German' jury didn't give points to the favourites? ;)
as for Turkish songs, they will always be in top 5 coz there lots of them throughout Europe and they will vote for themselves

Turkey wasn't always be in top 5 and won't be too. There were no juries but we were 13th in 2005 and 11th in 2006. Of course dispora votes help us but they aren't enough to be in top 5. (Especially if you have some neighbours that never vote for you). Also Turkey isn't the only county which has diaspora votes.

You complain about Turkish jury but your jury also don't vote for Turkey. :roll:

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

Armenia has been one of the most successful countries at the Eurovision Song Contest, finishing always in the top ten. Eva Rivas managed to repeat that success, placing seventh in Oslo with her Apricot Stone.

Who is she?
In 1996-2004 Eva Rivas used to be a soloist of one of the most famous ensembles in Rostov called Arevik. As a member of the famous choir she sang both classical and variety songs, as well as Russian and foreign compositions. As a solo singer, Eva was repeatedly a laureate in different contests and compositions. In 2000 the ensemble Arevik was awarded the title Ensemble of the Year.

The year 2005 marked a year of new achievements in the life of Eva. She was awarded the titles of Golden Voice of Rostov and Miss Pearl of Don. Likewise, she gained the title of Vice-Miss of the Caucasus in Yerevan. The same year, during the annual ceremony Armenian Song of the Year, she won the first prize.

eurovision.tv

AlekS

Veteran

manialf said:
Armenia says without juries, they might've won: http://bit.ly/9vum34
I don't think so...

^ lies :roll:

I read the original article. Today the head of their broadcaster said that maybe without voting they wouldn't get the 1st place ;) but it would have been higher that's why they have to appeal to the juries as well next time.

The article with the exact quote from the HoB: http://navigator.az/news/8/52467.html

Once again people used Google Translator and perverted original words.

Qele_Armenia

the resaults of jury & televotes in FINAL

10c2b1632367.jpg

well, we aren't the first but at least not the 7 th by televoting.Eva repeted the resaults of Sirusho.not bad but still it proves that jury deprives us not only points but the place in the rank :evil:

Isabella

Veronica found this video, but I'll post it. This is Croatian version of "Apricot stone" :mrgreen:
Lyrics sound horrible in Croatian :lol:

"Sjeme badema" posadit ću ja xrofl3

Scooby

Sorry Adam but this year UK song was pure s*** ;)

ParadiseES

Come on it's not about a fruit.... Apricot is national symbol of Armenia. That song had more meaningful lyrics than most ESC entries... :roll:

MyHeartIsYours

Singing about a seed of a fruit has no meaning to me... the rose is the symbol of England but I would still think it stupid if someone went to Eurovision singing about a bloody rose! To me this was sh*t but of course it did well... :roll:

Scooby

Come on it's not about a fruit.... Apricot is national symbol of Armenia. That song had more meaningful lyrics than most ESC entries... :roll:

As Pablo wrote this song really has deep meaning and in some ways this is Armenian national anthem.
And listening to the song you can clearly feel the longing for his native country, and in my opinion, is dedicated to all those who are in any way separated from their native country.
So I like this song very very much and I see it like my own one.

"That Sounds Good To Me" is an ordinary teenage songs, which is better suited to a junior competition (although Josh is great singer).

ParadiseES

^
Can't agree more. Armenia's were the best lyrics this ESC and UK was the worst song in the final, for juries, for televoters and for almost every poll we had since that song was chosen ;)

Top Bottom