5 Greece Giorgos Alkaios & Friends 102
6 Estonia Malcolm Lincoln 101
7 Poland Marcin Mrozi??ski 95
8 France Jessy Matador 88

http://www.google.com/landing/eurovision/index.html

Qele_Armenia

Re: ???????? - Armenia 2010 - Eva Rivas - Apricot Stone

taken from another euroviz forum)

Eva... she's singing like she's truly telling her story.. Rybak was doing the same last year..... there's some kind of honesty in her eyes, she's not being pretentious at all... she's really doing an incredible job working her charm in front of the camera, just look at the parts on the screens...! she's by far the most charismatic singer Armenia has ever sent...
I love how the show will start by a camera focusing on her boobs.. I mean her necklace... (at least that's what it looks like on the screen in front) how smart is that!! and I love the part where she would be leaning next to Jivan... and creating some kind of a father-daughter moment... she's being adorable and sexy at the same time (contradictions, i know, right?).. even the part where the tree grows looks nice on the screen.. the camera is not focused on the tree, rather, it's happening in the background, behind Eva...
the show also doesn't look static at all, just like we feared back in the day... she's filling the stage, moving around... the pyros look great.. and I'm relieved they removed those curtains... also, the dancer is not a distraction anymore, the camera is not capturing him much... he's blending well with the background... and he's emphasizing something very important, Eva's height!
she's really doing an exemplary job for a newcomer... and the improvements she made over the past months is just beyond remarkable... and all that with limited local resources... she didn't only gracefully survive all the heavy criticism in the beginnings, but she's also been proving her critics wrong...
and I take my word back.... the first rehearsal was not a good indicator to come to conclusions.. ;)

techstein

Qele_Armenia said:
[youtube:1if8jy0n]w4pmEvANt2w[/youtube:1if8jy0n]
very touching words... she is very nice person :)

Qele_Armenia

Eva Rivas to perform in “Eurovision 2010” May 27 under the second number

YEREVAN, MAY 24, ARMENPRESS: The participants of the first semifinal of the “Eurovision 2010” song contest are having their last rehearsals in Oslo. May 25 the first semifinal will be conducted in “Telenor Arena” with the participation of representatives of 17 countries. First will perform Moldova, followed by Russia, Estonia, Slovakia, Finland, Latvia, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Poland, Belgium, Malta, Albania, Greece, Portugal, Macedonia, Belarus, Iceland.

Armenia’s representative Eva Rivas is not participating in the rehearsals today and tomorrow, though she is expected to have a quite full schedule. Consultant to the Armenian Public TV on special projects Diana Mnatsakanyan said that meetings with the Armenian community are planned.

“The local Armenians are waiting for the meeting with our delegation with great enthusiasm, especially when world famous duduk player Jivan Gasparyan is in the delegation. Eva Rivas has a very high mood and in spite of numerous meetings she manages to have a rest too,” D. Mnatsakanyan said.

May 26 the main rehearsals of the second semifinal will start and Eva Rivas is among the participants. She will also perform in an open air square in Oslo for participants. May 27 Eva Rivas will perform under the second number.

Qele_Armenia

Well Team. I kicked off the Top 6 EUROVISION TIPSTERS LEAGUE at 12.49 today do you think my vote could be included too lol (well saying no-one reads my posts ha ha):

Reposted: EUROVISION TOP 6 TIPSTERS LEAGUE is now open!!

Okay we do this on our Grand National Blog and it gives us a chance to put up our hot tips and who we also think may be vying for a place.

I started this at the time when I used to be on the Grand National Blog for me and my dear Dad, who is no longer with us. So let's hope it helps us out again

You basically post up your 1st choice getting 6 points down to your 6th choice getting 1 point. You can also elaborate on your reasonings if you wish.

Don't be shy to stake your tips - it's only as we vaguley see things just now - before both semis and before the all important allocation of places in the Grand Final.

Anyone in my Top 6 could win it - no cert - just yet.

When you post up your scores also update the master table incorporating your scores and post this up too.

This stage of the table will close at the start of Semi 1 (8pm 2mo night yipee!!) and no votes after that count.

The final table will open at midnight on Thursday, following Semi Final 2 and the subsequent final allocation of the running order of the final.

Here goes:

6 POINTS Armenia - good singer, great song, brilliant staging, friendly neighbours. If good draw and good vocal could well be in the winner's enclosure this Saturday. :p

5 POINTS Belgium - juries and the public alike will love this, my original Day 1 dark horse.

4 POINTS Ireland - class act, former winner. Juries will love it and with the right performance to the public it could well be Dublin 2011.

3 POINTS Turkey - if the voting is all over the shop this could sneak through with its huge diaspora voting following. Good song, but to me would make an undeserving winner if that transpires.

2 POINTS Azerbaijan - had it all and changed it all, lol, with a crap stage show. Could still win, but currently she's thrown it all away.

1 POINT Sweden - lovely song with REALLY smart presentation and performance.

the Master Table now looks like this:

1. Armenia 25 points 5/5 ;)
2. Azerbaijan 15 points 4/5
3. Denmark 10 points 3/5
3. Croatia 10 points 2/5
3. Turkey 10 points 3/5
6. Belguim 9 points 3/5
7. Sweden 8 points 3/5
8. Germany 7 points 3/5
9. Ireland 5 points 2/5
10. Ukraine 1 point 1/5

http://www.online-betting-guide.co.uk/f ... &start=216

EuroFan

Online voting results from http://apps.facebook.com/eurovote. Congrats Armenian!!!!!!!!!!! Armenians go ahead vote at http://apps.facebook.com or send each other eurogifts at apps.facebook.com/sendmegift/ -am -am -am -am -am -am -am -am -am -am

Turkey ( 1869 )
Armenia ( 748 ) -am -am -am -am -am xwave1 xwave1 xcheer xcheer xcheer xcheer
Romania ( 170 )
Lithuania ( 121 )
Portugal ( 98 )
Azerbaijan ( 96 )
Greece ( 96 )
Poland ( 75 )
Malta ( 68 )
Germany ( 54 )
Croatia ( 52 )
Slovakia ( 44 )
Spain ( 42 )
Cyprus ( 34 )
Albania ( 30 )
Sweden ( 30 )
Israel ( 27 )
Serbia ( 25 )
United Kingdom ( 21 )
Denmark ( 20 )
Ireland ( 17 )
Ukraine ( 16 )
Bulgaria ( 16 )
Belgium ( 14 )
Georgia ( 14 )
Russia ( 13 )
Moldova ( 13 )
Iceland ( 13 )
Switzerland ( 13 )
Finland ( 13 )
Estonia ( 11 )
Norway ( 11 )
France ( 7 )
FYR Macedonia ( 6 )
Latvia ( 6 )
Bosnia and Herzegovina ( 5 )
Belarus ( 4 )
Netherlands ( 4 )
Slovenia ( 1 )

EuroFan

EVA RIVAS and Yerevan 2011 - great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

Qele_Armenia

DSC03422.JPG

Performance in France & few photos from Oslo

Yesterday participant from Armenia Eva Rivas visited France. She has punishing work schedule, but she had found time to plant apricot tree in the Chambovet park in Lyon. She also has performed her song Apricot at Arman Hovhannesyanss (the famous Armenian singer) concert

techstein

that's her meeting with the Armenian diaspora in Norway apparently :)

techstein

nice :)

techstein

do you have more photos from Oslo? Do they plan a party on Friday on the day of first republic day?

HAYQ

Countdown: Ladies of the Caucasus Go Head to Head at Eurovision

Courtesy Eurovision.tv/ By Respective Broadcaster in Studio and Nicola Chessa

Eva Rivas vs Safura

By Liana Aghajanian
E-mail to friend | (0) Comments | Print | Readers' comments
Would you like to post a comment ? Be the first to share your thoughts.

Post a comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. However, comments not pertaining to the topic or containing slander or offensive language will be deleted. You have to be registered to be able leave your comment. Sign in or Register now for free.

Kitsch lyrics, super sleek pop stars in shiny outfits that can be seen planets away and the silent sound of oozing cheese can only mean one thing in the spring time: Eurovision is here.

Yes, the best and worst (well, maybe just the worst) of 39 countries have gathered for another year of frills and thrills, including Eva Rivas and Safura, representing Armenia and Azerbaijan respectively. The ladies will go head to head in the competition which will have two semi-finals leading up to the final on May 29 in Oslo, Norway.

Both countries are favorites to win along with a few others, with Azerbaijan’s Safura leading the pack.

Representing Armenia with “Apricot Stone,” Eva Rivas was born in Rostov-on-Don in Russia and was a part of the “Arevik” ensemble for eight years. She’s currently working on an album that will include the songs of Sayat Nova. Dubbed as the Armenian Angelina Jolie, Rivas’ song was composed by Armen Martirosyan, composer of Andre’s “Without Your Love,” which was Armenia’s first foray into Eurovision and written by Karen Kavaleryan, who has participated six times as a lyricist for different countries in the contest.

Although Apricot Stone is sung in English, it’s symbolic lyrics represent Armenia and mark a departure from last year’s bilingual entry “Jan Jan” from sister duo Inga & Anush who sang “Jan Jan” in Armenian and English.

Apricot stone,
Hidden in my hand
Given back to me
From the motherland
Apricot stone,
I will drop it down
In the frozen ground
I’ll just let it make its round

While Rivas’ has a strong voice and even stronger looks, the most exciting part of her performance will come in the form of renowned duduk master Jivan Gasparyan, who will be seated on a stone, playing the duduk. His presence marks an exciting new record for Eurovision, as he will be the oldest person to be featured in performance.

In anticipation for her performance, Rivas has been traveling over Europe and spreading some apricot seeds - literally. Just last week, she visited France, where she planted an apricot tree at Chambovet park in Lyon.
Apricot trees by her and her team were also planted in Thessaloniki, Greece and in Cyprus.

Across the border, Rivas faces some amazingly tough competition in the form of Safura Alizadeh who will be representing Azerbaijan with “Drip Drop,” a love ballad that is dripping in Western-infused touches - from her choreographer JaQuel Knight, the mastermind beyond Beyonce’s hit “Single Ladies” video to director Rupert Wainwright, an English film director whose film, “The Fog,” was incidentally rated as one of the 100 worst movies of the past decade by Rotten Tomatoes.

Unlike Rivas’ culturally infused song, “Drip Drop,” written by Anders Bagge, Stefan Örn andSandra Bjurman is as sleek and smooth as they come - from the back up dancers, to her dazzling outfits and lest we forget the flying diamonds, rain and underwater sequences in her video. Songwriter Bagge has written and produced songs for heavy hitters like Celine Dion, Madonna and Jennifer Lopez, however “Drip Drops” lyrics fall short.

Tell me where have you been?
Why are you late?
You smell like lipstick again
Come on, answer my question!
Say something.
Why are you acting out?
Oh, say it’s in my head…

And as Eurovision devotees know, “falling short” in the spectrum of music in the real world, only means you’re bound to rise to the top of this over the top spectacle of mediocrity.

This is not a bad thing. In fact, in turns out, it’s a great thing: betting agencies favor her enough to predict she will win the contest, according to Will Adams, editor-in-chief of Eurovision Song Contest blog, wiwibloggs.com
While most of Europe will gather this coming weekend to revel in the all the glorious glory of Eurovision, it seems as though a cheesy song contest never is just a song contest as Global Voices Caucasus Editor Onnik Krikorian reflects in a post about the contest’s effect through social media, which reflects the realities of the region outside of the Eurovision pop bubble.

Unzipped also has a round up of subjective comparisons of both Eva Rivas and Safura, grading details such as dress and moves, which as any Eurovision lover can tell you, are important.

Watch videos of Eva Rivas’ “Apricot Stone” and Safura’s “Drip Drop” below.

Qele_Armenia

techstein said:
do you have more photos from Oslo? Do they plan a party on Friday on the day of first republic day?

no I haven't got any more:roll:
when I find out smth I let you know ;)

techstein

Qele_Armenia said:
techstein said:

no I haven't got any more:roll:
when I find out smth I let you know ;)
thanks! What would we do without you :)

Top Bottom