Contact us

УКРАЇНА - Ukraine 2010 - Alyosha - Sweet People

how do you rate the entry?

• Total voters

Muireanne

Re: ??????? - Ukraine 2010 - Alyosha - Sweet People

94ayd said:
Let's settle it down by having both Ireland and Ukraine qualify, they deserve it, as far as I'm concerned (have to say that Ireland is better and should finish in top 5). The 4 semis is just not a practical solution, especially if there are countries missing from the given edition.

4 semis is a solution though... certainly when you work with 4 core-countries per semi (those that are certain not to leave the ESC).
And btw, I won't settle down with Ireland and Ukraine qualified. If Ukraine qualifies... I wanna see AT LEAST Ireland, Belgium, Netherlands, Portugal, Malta, Greece and Cyprus in the finals before Ukraine even does... that's only fair.

Muireanne

wittgenstein said:
maybe the discussion should be move to the political thread...? :)

Nothing political about it! This is pure ESC-based

Muireanne

wittgenstein said:
Muireanne said:
wittgenstein said:
maybe the discussion should be move to the political thread...? :)

Nothing political about it! This is pure ESC-based

ah come on.

Sweetheart... IT IS! (I'm not in with politics or whatever... just with the right song winning the right compitition).

yulichka

Muireanne, why dont you introduce your own contest? A contest including western Europe countries, with all the restrictions you want, I would love to watch that. And oh well you dont like/hate Ukrainian entry, I guess we already got it =) thats nice you speak out your mind, but is it relevant to keep on repeating that? We are not dummies, you know

Oh, who are you to confirm how Ukrainian female names sound in Western Europe? If even biblical/international name Ani (shortened Anna) sounds for you as "you know how those names sound in Western-Europe?" i.e. slutty then thats really paradoxical. Means every British/Irish Ann is a you-know-who girl?
That is taken as an offense to me, my family, my friends and my nation. Its not even bitter, its insulting a particular nation. I dont care if you hate our entry, really, but you take it on the whole nation considering cultural onomastics of Ukraine? Generalizing your own opinion and couple of hundred friends (who are as for me far not the whole Western Europe) is not really general truth.

Again, you can hate it, but you are taking it too far.

wittgenstein

[/quote]

Sweetheart... IT IS! (I'm not in with politics or whatever... just with the right song winning the right compitition).[/quote]

thats the dilemma for you to sort out. " the right song winning the right competition" doesn't exist on any other basis than on your personal taste.

and...you are speakin politics whether you like it or not.

and to talk about those names...ah, its a western gaze on "the other" and some old relics from the colonial days. we have come further than that, haven't we? it's time for you to show some love or otherwise i will give up my hope..

Muireanne

yulichka said:
Muireanne, why dont you introduce your own contest? A contest including western Europe countries, with all the restrictions you want, I would love to watch that. And oh well you dont like/hate Ukrainian entry, I guess we already got it =) thats nice you speak out your mind, but is it relevant to keep on repeating that? We are not dummies, you know

Oh, who are you to confirm how Ukrainian female names sound in Western Europe? If even biblical/international name Ani (shortened Anna) sounds for you as "you know how those names sound in Western-Europe?" i.e. slutty then thats really paradoxical. Means every British/Irish Ann is a you-know-who girl?
That is taken as an offense to me, my family, my friends and my nation. Its not even bitter, its insulting a particular nation. I dont care if you hate our entry, really, but you take it on the whole nation considering cultural onomastics of Ukraine? Generalizing your own opinion and couple of hundred friends (who are as for me far not the whole Western Europe) is not really general truth.

Again, you can hate it, but you are taking it too far.

I take it you're from Ukraine? Figures.
We're not against you at all, but follow this....

* When we vote for you when you send a good song we're smart in your and Western eyes
* When we vote for you when you send a bad song (with a whore singing it) we're smart in your eyes but stupid in Western eyes
* When we don't vote for you when you send a bad song (with a whore singing it) we're stupid in your eyes but smart in Western eyes
* When we don't vote for you when you send a good song we're dumb in your and Western eyes... so we won't do that (never got the chance to that either :lol: )

So... tell me again... why should we vote for Ukraine again this year?

yulichka

Muireanne said:

* When we vote for you when you send a good song we're smart in your and Western eyes
* When we vote for you when you send a bad song (with a whore singing it) we're smart in your eyes bur stupid in Western eyes
* When we don't vote for you when you send a bad song (with a whore singing it) we're stupid in your eyes bur smart in Western eyes
* When we don't vote for you when you send a good song we're dumb in your and Western eyes... so we won't do that (never got the chance to that either :lol: )

I said you may HATE IT, but you ARE taking it TOO far! You dont like it - you dont vote for it, thats pretty clear. Or do you vote for every entry that has at least one reason to be voted for, I thought ppl vote for the songs they like, again I dont really care. But oh well, what I meant is a fully different story.
As wittgenstein just said, and I am trying to reach out to your mind is that Ukrainian names are culturally specific phenomenon, and the way you percieve it does not actually mean that Ukrainian women (these are my mother, my grandmothers - one is Anna) with your words are sluts and "whores" cuz of the way their names actually sound in Western Europe on the basis of your subjective opinion and a couple of hundred friends.
That is why I dont care if you hate our entry, I dont care if you dont vote for it, it is the way you call Ukrainian women just on the basis of their names.
I hope I wont need to explain you things again :lol: Cuz I guess you just cant justify your opinion.

Muireanne

wittgenstein said:
who are WE muireanne? you have so many personalities..! ? ;)

In "we" I'm adressing to loads of people who start to dislike the ESC for its' non-musical voting. For instance in Belgium (where I live nowadays)... Do you consider it normal a country is certainly voting 12's and 10's to Armenia and Turkey (in no particular order if they are votable) every ESC (3th country beeing Netherlands when possible as a neighbour)? I don't think so!
Once again, I'm Irish... and as far as I'm concerned... we've voted pretty constant... the countries of those we got the most immigrants (Baltic that is) when there was a chance. Nothing political... just a fact!

94ayd

Alyosha is kinda funny, though, cause it sounds too sweet and gentle - a way you'd refer to someone when you're very close friends (short for Aleksandra or something, right?). Don't see a problem with Ani/Svetlana.

Muireanne

yulichka said:
Muireanne said:

* When we vote for you when you send a bad song (with a whore singing it) we're smart in your eyes bur stupid in Western eyes
* When we don't vote for you when you send a bad song (with a whore singing it) we're stupid in your eyes bur smart in Western eyes

I said you may HATE IT, but you ARE taking it TOO far! You dont like it - you dont vote for it, thats pretty clear. Or do you vote for every entry that has at least one reason to be voted for, I thought ppl vote for the songs they like, again I dont really care. But oh well, what I meant is a fully different story.
As wittgenstein just said, and I am trying to reach out to your mind is that Ukrainian names are culturally specific phenomenon, and the way you percieve it does not actually mean that Ukrainian women (these are my mother, my grandmothers - one is Anna) with your words are sluts and "whores" cuz of the way their names actually sound in Western Europe on the basis of your subjective opinion and a couple of hundred friends.
That is why I dont care if you hate our entry, I dont care if you dont vote for it, it is the way you call Ukrainian women just on the basis of their names.
I hope I wont need to explain you things again :lol: Cuz I guess you just cant justify your opinion.

I have nothing against Ukrainian women (never have, never will have)... but according to Western (perhaps conservative) standards.... they are not quite what we (western European woman) wish to see on a family-show like the ESC. Perhaps performances like the "Bom-Bom" of last year is something the avarerage house-wife does in Ukraine... it isn't something most women do in Europe.

yulichka

Muireanne said:
I have nothing against Ukrainian women (never have, never will have)... but according to Western (perhaps conservative) standards.... they are not quite what we (western European woman) wish to see on a family-show like the ESC. Perhaps performances like the "Bom-Bom" of last year is something the avarerage house-wife does in Ukraine... it isn't something most women do in Europe.

No-no, you were talking about the perception of Ukrainian names in the western Europe, not the stage performance, with this particular discourse "you know how those names sound in Western-Europe? And when the performance follows, it's only confirmed). I think I can speak in name of a several hundred of friends... ". I may agree or disagree with your opinion about these entries, I dont really care about it all. You insulted every woman whose name is Ani and Svitlana in Ukraine. Thats what is my point. That figures that Im from Ukraine cuz neither Dutch nor Swedish person will stand for my home land - only me. You accuse every woman called Ani (who is my grandmother, again) and Svitalana (who may be a mother or a grandmother) being a slut or a whore. That is insulting! And that is personal.

Muireanne

yulichka said:
Muireanne said:

No-no, you were talking about the perception of Ukrainian names in the western Europe, not the stage performance, with this particular discourse "you know how those names sound in Western-Europe? And when the performance follows, it's only confirmed). I think I can speak in name of a several hundred of friends... ". I may agree or disagree with your opinion about these entries, I dont really care about it all. You insulted every woman whose name is Ani and Svitlana in Ukraine. Thats what is my point. That figures that Im from Ukraine cuz neither Dutch nor Swedish person will stand for my home land - only me. You accuse every woman called Ani (who is my grandmother, again) and Svitalana (who may be a mother or a grandmother) being a slut or a whore. That is insulting! And that is personal.

I don't care about the names actually. It's just the several names (not so much Ani or Alyosha... but in general Svetlana... are used as East-European whore names here in Europe.) Besides that you continue bringing us kinda-like songs on ESC. How do you want us to react? I remember Ukraine starting off like an etnic kind of country... which got much of votes from the west, not to mention. And something we liked... why do you think Ukraine won a contest so fast,. Today you look like some 3rd class East-European Brothel.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

The conversation stops here and now. Furter actions will be taken if the board rules will be ignored.

Please only discuss the entry or singer. It's okay to critizise them but NOT the country as a whole.

Muireanne

Matt said:
The conversation stops here and now. Furter actions will be taken if the board rules will be ignored.

Please only discuss the entry or singer. It's okay to critizise them but NOT the country as a whole.

Agree... but then again my posts only rely on the most recent entry.
So, In short, I don't like the most recent entry AT ALL for obvious reasons.

Hrvatska19

Muireanne said:
wittgenstein said:
who are WE muireanne? you have so many personalities..! ? ;)

In "we" I'm adressing to loads of people who start to dislike the ESC for its' non-musical voting. For instance in Belgium (where I live nowadays)... Do you consider it normal a country is certainly voting 12's and 10's to Armenia and Turkey (in no particular order if they are votable) every ESC (3th country beeing Netherlands when possible as a neighbour)? I don't think so!
Once again, I'm Irish... and as far as I'm concerned... we've voted pretty constant... the countries of those we got the most immigrants (Baltic that is) when there was a chance. Nothing political... just a fact!

What is wrong with voting for the country where you come from?? its perfectly acceptable and expected!!

and if one more person talks about Neighbour voting im going to shoot them! NOTHING WRONG WITH VOTING FOR YOUR NEIGHBOURS! especially when its the ex-yugo and greece-cyprus..as these musical industries are the same in the other countries so its expected that they like the same music...i cant talk about ex-ussr because that is so big...i think its ok for neighbour votes between ukraine, belarus and russia..because they speak similar language and are all slavic..but with armenia, georgia, azerbaijan might be too far!

the worst for neighbour voting is Scandinavia! as far as i know, they do not have an interchangeable music industry nor language spoken amongst them all..so theyre the real prosecutors, but OF COURSE nobody bitches about them because theyre WESTERN! and everything is about hating Eastern europe now!

Top Bottom