Contact us

УКРАЇНА - Ukraine 2010 - Alyosha - Sweet People

how do you rate the entry?

• Total voters

AlekS

Veteran
Re: ??????? - Ukraine 2010 - Alyosha - Sweet People

amigo said:
People, who are really concerned about the enviroment, take part in these sort of activities, not watch Eurovision.
The majority of ESC viewers are gonna think about environment during Alyosha's performance. It's already great.
In order to "take part in these sort of activities" you should watch something actually. If you're inspired by something you go and do it.

amigo said:
You or Alex, for example, make the tinest proprotion ofthis audience who will be thinking about the enviroment when watching Eurovision.
Actually, the whole thing about protecting the enviroment I find cynical. People destroy, then cry about it by destroying even more.
OMG! My opinion is not shared by majority (is this what you wanna hint? Like you know all 125 million people of ESC audience ;) ) I'm gonna go and commit suicuide right now. NO :lol:
Georgia 2008 was a social song and it wasn't about fun too -> it didn't finish last so I guess it wasn't the tiniest proportion.

amigo said:
People, who are really concerned about the enviroment, take part in these sort of activities, not watch Eurovision. Eurovision has a different audience who wants to relax and have fun.
amigo said:
Actually, the whole thing about protecting the enviroment I find cynical. People destroy, then cry about it by destroying even more.
What I find cynical is such comments. Let's don't think about it ;) Let's turn Eurovision on some kind of music gestapo where people wanna have fun only :roll:
It's about entertainment and different people entertain themselves in different ways. I don't think that Yoanna's song was fun, or Patricia Kaas or Pryhod'ko ...
Eurovision is not only about having fun and different songs and different messages should take part in ESC. Period.

LadyKiller

Banned

amigo said:
Eurovision has a different audience who wants to relax and have fun.

So what you are actually saying is that some 122 million ESC viewers are indefferent towards serious problems that humanity
is dealing with and would be incapable of appreciating a song with a serious message or even get frustrated with songs like "Sweet people". :(

In this case, on behalf of Israel 2009, Georgia 2008, Switzerland 2006, Latvia 2005 and Bosnia 2004, I humbly apologise.

Oh, wait... on behalf of the last one mentioned, I apologise to all mankind! Ahahahaha! :mrgreen:

amigo

Yes, we have had ESC songs with serious matters. How many of those have won?

People should think about the enviroment all the time, but I find it cynical when so much money is spent on organising big events with enomous use of manmade energy, with huge flashing stages, technology, aircrafts delivering the participants and polluting the air, etc.
I'm completely with those people who organise enviroment awareness days with the minimum use of artificial energy and damage to the Earth. I remember Safura, the Azeri contestant, singing the accoustic version of her song and the lighting for the stage was produced by the people working on the bicycle like energy generators. This, I understand.

LadyKiller

Banned

amigo said:

Is that what ESC is all about? Send an "I love you, you love me, let's get together and make lots of babies" song and win the ESC?

Although the idea of "I love you, you love me, let's get together and make lots of babies" is not bad at all! :mrgreen:

amigo

LadyKiller said:
amigo said:

Is that what ESC is all about? Send an "I love you, you love me, let's get together and make lots of babies" song and win the ESC?

Although the idea of "I love you, you love me, let's get together and make lots of babies" is not bad at all! :mrgreen:
yes, not bad at all! actually, love is one of the basic needs of humans and it appeals to humans more than global issues. We are only humans. ;)

I said 'humans' too many times :D

AlekS

Veteran

amigo said:
oh, so that's why it's bad ;) and victory is the only thing that matters in ESC :roll: uhuh ;)

amigo said:
People should think about the enviroment all the time, but I find it cynical when so much money is spent on organising big events with enomous use of manmade energy, with huge flashing stages, technology, aircrafts delivering the participants and polluting the air, etc.
I'm completely with those people who organise enviroment awareness days with the minimum use of artificial energy and damage to the Earth. I remember Safura, the Azeri contestant, singing the accoustic version of her song and the lighting for the stage was produced by the people working on the bicycle like energy generators. This, I understand.
Then why don't Safura (what a sweet way to promote her and basically say "get the F out of Eurovision" to other participants, eh? :roll: ) use the same kind of performance all the time?
If Eurovision is not safe it doesn't mean that the word shouldn't be spoken. Improve stations, improve technics, don't be a pig, not a prob... and we are gonna talk about it, like it or not. Someone can sit in a cave and give concerts there because it doesn't pollute anything and someone can get bigger audience and speak about it.
If this helps to make more people aware it should be done.
Singing about love while wasting energy and using aircrafts, polluting nature certainly doesn't seem better or less cynical.
btw, if we're gonna f-ck up our environment... love is impossible without people.

amigo

Aleks,
I see you've been trying to convince me.. Let's wait and see who gets the higher place - the one who sings about love or the one who sings about protecting the enviroment. I still think that majority of the Eurovision audience would choose fun over the enviroment related issues. Careless, eh?
If people really cared for the enviroment, we wouldn't have needed shovels to dig our way out of the sh**t we're are in.

amigo

Then why don't Safura (what a sweet way to promote her and basically say "get the F out of Eurovision" to other participants, eh? :roll: ) use the same kind of performance all the time?
Because people are sensible one day a year - on the Earth Day. This is called human. :evil:

AlekS

Veteran

amigo,
having different opinion doesn't mean trying to convince someone.

High places don't mean a thing for me. I care about music. Also I don't care about majority's opinion. I'm not a sheep which always follows majority on ESC. End of story.

And I don't think that this song has chances to win ESC or enter top-5, this song has already won my personal rating with few other entries and it's already a gr8 reason why I'm gonna watch the contest this year.

amigo said:
Because people are sensible one day a year
:lol:

DS152

amigo said:
Aleks,
I see you've been trying to convince me.. Let's wait and see who gets the higher place - the one who sings about love or the one who sings about protecting the enviroment. I still think that majority of the Eurovision audience would choose fun over the enviroment related issues. Careless, eh?
If people really cared for the enviroment, we wouldn't have needed shovels to dig our way out of the sh**t we're are in.

Amigo, you are taking this way out of hand.

Alyosha's song is about so much more than 'protecting the environment', it relates to Chernobyl, one of the biggest disasters in history, and before you accuse me of being anti-Safura (I'm not, she's just the example I'll use because you used her as an example also), why should someone be criticised for singing a song about something more than love, and a cheating lover, or a broken heart? The majority of the songs cover that topic, which I'm not against, as some of my favourite songs use such a topic, but do not shame a song or a singer like Sweet People/Aloysha just because she is singing about something more important. I also take offence that you categorised me and Aleks as a 'minority' and you stated what we watch Eurovision for. Not that being in a minority is a bad thing, but you stated it in such a way. You know nothing about us and I strongly advise you against making similar comments in the future.

I also feel that a placing that a song achieves has no reflection on the true quality of a song. Sure, Safura may achieve a higher placing than Alyosha. So what? Myself, Aleks, and everybody else here WERE discussing the song, video, artist and photographs of the Ukrainian entry in a positive manner before you started throwing about empty accusations.

PashonFrut

DS152 said:

Alyosha's song is about so much more than 'protecting the environment', it relates to Chernobyl, one of the biggest disasters in history, and before you accuse me of being anti-Safura (I'm not, she's just the example I'll use because you used her as an example also), why should someone be criticised for singing a song about something more than love, and a cheating lover, or a broken heart? The majority of the songs cover that topic, which I'm not against, as some of my favourite songs use such a topic, but do not shame a song or a singer like Sweet People/Aloysha just because she is singing about something more important. I also take offence that you categorised me and Aleks as a 'minority' and you stated what we watch Eurovision for. Not that being in a minority is a bad thing, but you stated it in such a way. You know nothing about us and I strongly advise you against making similar comments in the future.

I also feel that a placing that a song achieves has no reflection on the true quality of a song. Sure, Safura may achieve a higher placing than Alyosha. So what? Myself, Aleks, and everybody else here WERE discussing the song, video, artist and photographs of the Ukrainian entry in a positive manner before you started throwing about empty accusations.

I agree with you.
I think we shouldn't compare two different singers with two very different songs though :p (Both are awesome in my opinion).

DS152

PashonFrut said:
DS152 said:

I agree with you.
I think we shouldn't compare two different singers with two very different songs though :p (Both are awesome in my opinion).

Exactly, thank you. Both songs are great and that is the positive thing. If all songs sung were about the same topic; it would be a terribly boring contest. :)

amigo

DS152 said:
amigo said:
Aleks,

Oh I see, your post is very resentful. I didn't mean to be rude to anyone. I expressed my point of view of where songs on global issues would sound best. In my opinion, it's not Eurovision. What is your anger about?
Btw, a few comments on your post:
1. Chernobyl is part of people's failure to protect the enviroment, so it can't be "much more that protecting the enviroment".
2. I have never accused (what a strong word! lol) you of being anti-Safurist. I dont even remember interacting with you apart from the posts above.
3. You don't like to be in the minority, Aleks doesn't like to be in majority hahaha (read what he called himself above) You have tio be somewhere, man! No offense!
4. Thanks for the long post! We need people who care ;)

DS152

You need to read clearly how I have worded things. That's all I'll say on the matter because this is detracting from the topic. You have misunderstood nearly everything that I have said, and I will say nothing more on the matter.

amigo

Interestingly, the people here (some lol) thought I'm against Alyosha. I actually like her song and her voice but dont see her as the winner because her song is too serious for Eurovision where the audience, in their majority, prefer fun, like Lordi or verka sedjuchka, and put them higher. So, I came to square one again :D

AlekS

Veteran

amigo said:
Interestingly, the people here (some lol) thought I'm against Alyosha. I actually like her song and her voice but dont see her as the winner because her song is too serious for Eurovision where the audience, in their majority, prefer fun, like Lordi or verka sedjuchka, and put them higher. So, I came to square one again :D
I think the same though Yoanna wasn't fun, Patricia wasn't fun, Jade wasn't fun too.
I don't think that you're against her and I don't think that she will finish high though it won't get 0 cuz we (you as well ;) ) aren't "the tiniest proportion". And btw, I like some funny songs too.

amigo said:
You don't like to be in the minority, Aleks doesn't like to be in majority hahaha (read what he called himself above) You have tio be somewhere, man! No offense!
Ahem ... once again, what I called myself above? :lol:
and where exactly did I say that I don't like to be in majority?
. Also I don't care about majority's opinion. I'm not a sheep which always follows majority on ESC. End of story.
Where exactly did I say that I don't like to be in majority?
My opinion can be the same with majority btw, I just don't care about majority's opinion when it comes to my taste.

You have to be somewhere? :lol: And having your own opinion doesn't count anymore? Being on yourself even? Or only agreeing with certain people counts?

ok, that's enough of being personal, people. Wanna discuss someone? do it via PM :twisted:

amigo

. Also I don't care about majority's opinion. I'm not a sheep which always follows majority on ESC. End of story.
Where exactly did I say that I don't like to be in majority?
My opinion can be the same with majority btw, I just don't care about majority's opinion when it comes to my taste.
....................................................................................................................................................

You put very deep thoughts and meanings into your sentence, man. And I'm not a good diver, man. :geek:

Sure, your personal opinion counts, and mine, too. But altogether we make either majority or minority when it comes to voting and evaluating the contestants. You either like somebody or not :D Alyosha would have done better if not for the issue with changing the singer, then the song, ESC eurofans dont like mistakes like that. And now, the song with a very serious message in it. People will not take it seriously after the previous fuss, in my opinion. Shame, though, because Azerbaijan and Ukraine have got strong ESC related partnership. I would like to see Ukraine do well.

evilperson

Well is this a recent new live performance from Alyosha?

[youtube:1xu3vqfp]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mehcy6R2Nx4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mehcy6R2Nx4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube:1xu3vqfp]

She really need to nail that last note at ESC!

AlekS

Veteran

Esctoday interview in Zaandam:
[youtube:1vrxe4oi]Jve6PBZ9wAQ[/youtube:1vrxe4oi]

Totally different performer, Verka making the video message in order to support Alyosha :lol: Can't wait to see it:
790630.jpg

+ESC preview party:
lulz, "Sha la li ... sha la la" mixed with Nocturne :lol:
[youtube:1vrxe4oi]FYh-u5lqsb8[/youtube:1vrxe4oi]

Top Bottom